Windows 10: Xbox game bar not opening correctly

Discus and support Xbox game bar not opening correctly in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi! does anyone know how to fix Xbox game bar display issues? Whenever I try to pull up the menu ingame it just sends me to my desktop and opens it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TomAndJerry342, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Xbox game bar not opening correctly

Hi! does anyone know how to fix Xbox game bar display issues? Whenever I try to pull up the menu ingame it just sends me to my desktop and opens it there, giving me the little note that says for me to try fullscreen borderless which is what I already have. Thanks a million!

:)

TomAndJerry342, Oct 14, 2019

2. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Oct 14, 2019
  3. To Turn On or Off Game Bar in Settings

Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller in Windows 10

The Xbox Game Bar makes it simple to take control of all your favorite gaming activities while playing.

When you open Xbox Game Bar (Win+G), youve got a variety of gaming activities at your fingertips. Select one and itll pop up as an overlaymany of these can be moved, resized, or pinned to your screen.

When the Xbox Game Bar is turned on, you can also open Xbox Game Bar using the Xbox button on a connected game controller by default.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the ability to open Xbox Game Bar using the Xbox button on a Xbox One controller for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller in Settings
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Xbox button on Xbox One Controller

Xbox game bar not opening correctly [​IMG]

OPTION ONE
    To Turn On or Off Game Bar in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Gaming icon.

2. Click/tap on Game bar on the left side, and check (enable - default) or uncheck Open Xbox Game Bar using this button on a controller on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)

*note Starting with Windows 10 (20H1) builds, you will need to click/tap on Xbox Game bar on the left side instead.

*note It is required to turn on the Xbox Game Bar to be able to open it.

OPTION TWO
    Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller using a REG file
    *note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\GameBar

UseNexusForGameBarEnabled DWORD

0 = Disable
    1 = Enable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller
    *note This is the default setting. It is required to turn on the Xbox Game Bar to be able to open it.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_open_Xbox_Game_Bar_using_Xbox_button_on_game_controller.reg

3. To Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_open_Xbox_Game_Bar_using_Xbox_button_on_game_controller.reg

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Xbox game bar not opening correctly

Cannot open Xbox Game Bar

Hi,

A corrupted data may cause your Gamebar is not to work properly.
    Here are steps on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10:

1. If nothing happens when you press the Windows logo key + G, check your Game bar settings. Open the Xbox app,
    and select Settings > Game DVR and make sure Record game clips and screenshots using Game bar is On.

2. If Game bar doesn’t appear for a full-screen game, try keyboard shortcuts: Press the Windows logo key + Alt + R to start
    recording a clip, then press it again to stop. You’ll see the screen flash when the recording starts and ends.

3. If the Windows logo key isn’t working during a game, the game may be blocking it. To create your own keyboard shortcuts for Game bar, choose the Xbox app, then select Settings > Game
    DVR
    > Keyboard shortcuts and set your own.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you check for new Windows Updates and install the critical and important updates on your computer by following the steps on this

link

If your customized shortcuts are not working, you may also check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store by following the steps on this

link

Don't forget to let us know how it turns out.

Jomari Arc, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Xbox game bar not opening correctly

1. Xbox game bar not opening correctly - Similar Threads - Xbox game bar

2. Xbox game bar not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar not opening: So I wanted to record a video with my friend but the Xbox gamebar wasn't opening I tried to open it in other ways hit didn't work. Cana Nyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-not-opening/ffc020b9-ee9c-4393-90e2-dea650b9e98a
  3. Xbox game bar not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar not opening: So I wanted to record a video with my friend but the Xbox gamebar wasn't opening I tried to open it in other ways hit didn't work. Cana Nyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-not-opening/ffc020b9-ee9c-4393-90e2-dea650b9e98a
  4. Xbox Game bar not opening

Xbox Game bar not opening: My Xbox game bar is not opening and it says "ms-gamingoverlay - You'll Need a New App to Open This MS Gaming Overlay" please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-not-opening/2311a1e3-b2ea-4118-952d-98b972958c98
  5. Xbox Game bar not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game bar not opening: My Xbox game bar is not opening and it says "ms-gamingoverlay - You'll Need a New App to Open This MS Gaming Overlay" please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-not-opening/2311a1e3-b2ea-4118-952d-98b972958c98
  6. Xbox Game Bar not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Game Bar not opening: Hi, I have installed windows 10 version 1909 two months ago. After one month, I updated Xbox Game Bar to version 5.721.9022.0. But after updating it won't start after pressing Win+G. So I have to open task manager and end task of Game Bar in background processes. But after...
  7. Xbox Game Bar not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar not opening: Hi, I have installed windows 10 version 1909 two months ago. After one month, I updated Xbox Game Bar to version 5.721.9022.0. But after updating it won't start after pressing Win+G. So I have to open task manager and end task of Game Bar in background processes. But after...
  8. Xbox Game Bar not opening

9. Cant open Xbox Game Bar

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant open Xbox Game Bar: Hi there, recently when I want to open Xbox Game Bar this message pops up saying "its impossible to open this app" and below is saying "Consult the Windows Store for more information about Xbox Game Bar". I tried to find an update and nothing, I reseted my computer and still...
  10. Xbox Game Bar not Opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox Game Bar not Opening: Hi, Whenever I try launch Xbox Game Bar, it doesn't do anything. If I search game bar in the search bar, I can click on the app repeatedly and nothing happens. When I enable it in Game DVR it turns itself off again. When I change the registry values "GameDVR_Enabled" and...