Windows 10: Active Hours in "settings"

Discus and support Active Hours in "settings" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to change my "active hours" in my Settings area, and when I put in the NEW ACTIVE Hours, it just keeps the old hours setting...How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GingerSails, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Active Hours in "settings"

Hi, I'm trying to change my "active hours" in my Settings area, and when I put in the NEW ACTIVE Hours, it just keeps the old hours setting...How can I get it to keep the NEW active hours I want to change it to? I've clicked on the CHANGE command, but it just won't make the change I'm trying to enter.

Thank you for any help on this.... G. Sails

:)

GingerSails, Nov 19, 2019

2. Disable Active hours?

Hello Daniel,

If you wish to add more hours or to have an option to turn off the Active Hours, then the feature is currently unavailable on Windows phone. It is best if you can send a suggestion to make the features available using the
    Feedback Hub app. To send a suggestion on your Windows phone, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestionand fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category and then Submit.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask the community.

Michael Rey, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Turn On or Off Automatically Adjust Active Hours for All Users in Settings

How to Turn On or Off Automatically Adjust Active Hours in Windows 10

Windows Update keeps Windows 10 updated by downloading and installing the latest updates, drivers, and hotfixes released by Microsoft.

Starting with active hours. Active hours lets Windows know when you usually use this device. When a restart is necessary to finish installing an update, Windows won't automatically restart your device during active hours.

When a restart is scheduled, you can use a custom restart time to temporarily override active hours and schedule a custom time to finish installing the current update(s). When your computer restarts on the scheduled custom time, custom restart time will automatically be turned off, and Windows Update will only restart outside of active hours again. You can also manually turn off custom restart time at anytime if you change your mind.

Starting with Windows 10 build 18282, Windows can automatically adjust active hours for you based on your device activity.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off letting Windows automatically adjust active hours for you based on your daily usage to avoid rebooting your Windows 10 PC to finish installing a Windows Update.

*note The Intelligent Active Hours setting will affect all users on the computer.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Automatically Adjust Active Hours for All Users in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Automatically Adjust Active Hours for All Users using a REG file

Active Hours in "settings" [​IMG]
    OPTION ONE
    Turn On or Off Automatically Adjust Active Hours for All Users in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Update & Security icon.

2. Click/tap on Windows Update on the left side, and click/tap on Change active hours on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. Turn on or off (default) Automatically adjust active hours for me based on my daily usage for what you want. (see screenshots below)

4. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO
    Turn On or Off Automatically Adjust Active Hours for All Users using a REG file

*note You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do this option.

The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings

SmartActiveHoursState DWORD

1 = On
    2 = Off

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Automatically Adjust Active Hours for All Users
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_on_Auto_adjust_active_hours.reg

3. To Turn Off Automatically Adjust Active Hours for All Users
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_off_Auto_adjust_active_hours.reg

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Active Hours in "settings"

Installing Updates and Restarting During my Active Hours?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the inconvenience caused to you as the Active Hour feature is not working as it should be.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that fix the issue.

Configuring active hours with Group Policy.

Please refer the section for Configure active hours
    and make the changes accordingly. If the PC installed with Windows 10 Pro then follow the steps under
    Configuring active hours with Group Policy and if it is
    Windows 10 Home then follow steps under Configuring active hours through Registry
    from this article: Manage device restarts after updates.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify
    the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take
    backup of registry.

Please let us know the status of the issue,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Active Hours in "settings"

1. Active Hours in "settings" - Similar Threads - Active Hours settings

2. Active hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Active hours: Good morning, I have active hours set to 7:00 AM to 1:00 AM. When I check for updates in that period and a restart is required, I get a message that the PC will restart OUTSIDE of active hours. Am I missing something profound?...
  3. Active Hours

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active Hours: Hi A while back, my fingerprint detector stopped working so I updated the driver. However, today, at 5pm, my fingerprint detector stopped. I went to update the driver, but it did not need to be updated, and I found that there has been an "Active Hours" system running, which...
  4. Active Hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Active Hours: My understanding of setting active hours is so that Window's doesn't download updates during that time so that I can work. I set my active hours to 6am-6pm, but right now my laptop is barely responsive because all the resources are going to downloading updates? It's 8:30am....
  5. Active hours

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Active hours: I bought a new computer with Windows 10. My previous computer also had Windows 10 and I had no problems with it. Now I have my computer turning off at inconvenient times. I set the active hours to between 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Just a few moments ago it turned off and the...
  6. Active Hours

in Windows 10 Support
    Active Hours: This is part 3 of my "Windows 10 Readiness Questions" thing. Windows doesn't restart outside of Active Hours when you're using the computer, but what if I'm away from it for even an hour? 139662
  7. Settings: Change active hours

Settings: Change active hours: W10 will not let me set end of active hours to more than 11pm same day. Trying for 6AM to 12am (midnight). Smithurmann Winchester Mass. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-change-active-hours/af381423-ced8-41bb-93ce-4e5a0240435b
  8. Active hours

Active hours: Are there any plans to give users the option to disable active hours entirely on Win10 Home? this is probably the most hated and unneeded "feature" ever to come out from you guys, and with good reason. If i step away from my computer, and said computer is on, its a given...
  9. Settings, Active Hours

Settings, Active Hours: My settings for Active Hours are from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM, yet I get frequent updates between 9-10:00 AM, which logs me off without notice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-active-hours/84b7c0a6-d14a-4657-8285-c7e060d3599b
  10. Active Hours

Active Hours: I want to turn off Active Hours in Windows Update, I don't want to change Active Hours because it's not updating on its own regardless of the hours I put in. Again: I wish to disable/turn off "Change Active Hours"...