Windows 10: Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store

Discus and support Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store How to Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child to Shop at Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 7, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store

How to: Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store

How to Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child to Shop at Microsoft Store

One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to family features and settings. It's a free service that helps families stay connected and keeps kids safer on Windows 10, Xbox One devices, and Android devices running Microsoft Launcher. Youll find settings like activity reporting, screen time limits, location sharing, and content filters, where you can also track kids spending and add money to their Microsoft accounts.

A Microsoft family group is separate from other Microsoft apps and programs. You can sign up with your email account. If you already use Skype, youll have a family chat set up and waiting for you once you create your family group. If you dont already have Skype, get more information and sign up to create an account for your family.

Once you set up your family group, you can add or remove child and adult members.

You can keep an eye on the child's shopping habits. See your childs recent purchases, view their payment options, and add money to their Microsoft account.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to add money to a child's account in your Microsoft Family so they can shop within limits from the Microsoft Store.

Here's How:

1 Do step 2 or step 3 below for how you would like to manage your family settings online.

2 As an adult in the family, go to the step 4 below.

3 Open step 4 below. (see screenshot below)

Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store [​IMG]

4 Click/tap on the Add money link for the child member you want to add money to their Microsoft account. (see screenshot below)

5 Choose the amount (ex: $10.00) to add to their account, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

Funds can't be exchanged for cash, except as required by law. No refunds. See the Terms and Conditions.

6 Add a way you want to pay if you don't already have a payment option added to your Microsoft account. (see screenshots below)

7 Click/tap on Buy when ready to purchase and add the money to the child's Microsoft account. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 7, 2017

2. Unable to purchase on Microsoft Store with a Family account.

Thank you for your response. There are other games that allow you to purchase using the Microsoft funds that you transferred to a member of your Family.
    If you don't have sufficient money in your Microsoft account to complete a transaction, you must use another form of payment registered with your Microsoft account to cover the remaining purchase amount, charge the entire purchase to the other payment
    option in lieu of your account balance, or add additional value to your Microsoft account.

To ensure that the child account is allowed to purchase a content online, you have to check and change the restriction settings on the account by following the steps below:

• Sign in to your account on the
      Microsoft Family page
    • Find your child’s name and select More options > Spending >
      Change content restrictions.
    • Change the restrictions settings and allow the account to purchase.

If you are still unable to purchase the game, there is a possible issue with your profile or the billing information. We recommend that you contact Xbox Chat Support to securely check your account and the child account.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Microsoft Family Child Account - Able to Access Blocked Accounts

Hi Randy,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the restrictions that you’ve set on your child’s account under
    Microsoft Family may be caused by some configuration on the feature. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you remove and re-add your child’s account to the
    Microsoft family. This process will re-establish a good configuration on the account. To remove a Family member, you may follow the steps provided in this article on how to
    remove members from your Microsoft family.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps under the Online section, and then complete the process. After completing the steps, you may go to this article on how to
    set up your family, and then complete the given steps. After completing the process,
    you may set the restrictions to your child’s account by following the steps given in this article on how to
    set restrictions for your child
    on Windows 10 and Xbox One.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Micah Bat Win User

Child's account history not showing up in Microsoft Family Safety

Just to confirm, have you tried using a different browser and check if the issue persists? Since doing the steps provided on the link didn't help you resolve your concern, we would suggest you to recreate your son's account on the Alienware computer. To
    do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family and other
      users
    • Click Sign in with
      a local account instead
      (to convert her account to a local account).
    • After doing so, delete the local account. To delete a local account, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Go to Settings.
      • Click Accounts.
      • Click Family and other
        users
      • Click the local account and then, click Remove.
      • A new window will open, click Delete account and data.
    • After deleting the local account, re-link the Microsoft account of your son as a user, then add it to your family.

For more information on how to add a child account to your family, kindly click
    this link.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Oct 26, 2019
  5. How to add money to your Child's Account - Using Microsoft Family

Introduction

Microsoft Family allows you to control what your child(ren) is/are up to online, and on any Windows PC/Device - If they are on Windows 8.1 and higher, and using their own Microsoft Account.

You can do many things, like: managing time, seeing what they have been up to online and on the computers - including on the Xbox One. Throughout this article, I will be showing you how to add money to your child's account, so they can go and buy things
    from the Microsoft Store - either on Xbox One or on Windows 8.1 and 10. This is the best way to ensure they don't use your credit card, or bank details, and put you into debt whilst they go on their spending spree. It is also easy to do, and only takes a few
    minutes.

Details

First your child(ren) will need to be connected to your Microsoft Family, here:

https://account.microsoft.com/family/

You will need to ensure your signed into your Microsoft Account, and that your signed in as a parent/guardian. After that, you will come to a page like this one.

Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store 1c93191b-de7f-4397-9e5c-8422b6f16e40.png

On this page, you can view everyone in your Family. To add money, you need to go to the Add Money option under the child's account you wish to add money to. You can see where the option is, in my screen capture underneath.

Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store 043052a8-81b6-48fd-80ac-485e3e9b73d6.png

Once you have selected that option, you will be taken to a new screen where you can select the amount you want to put on their account, from the options they present you. As seen below,

Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store 1aba2d2b-eb48-446f-9b25-05d9a5a36d04.png

After you have selected your amount, please select next. It will then get you to confirm your bank details and banking information. You will need to select next/yes before it can begin to authorise the payment. Once the payment has been authorised, it will
    put the credit amount onto the child's account.

I hope this article has helped you, and now your able to put money on your child's account. The good thing about doing it this way, is they can use the money you give them to buy things from the Windows/Xbox store and they wont see your bank and billing
    information. Which means, they will not be able to use your bank details to go shopping, and can only use the money you give them.

For more information about Microsoft Family, please check their FAQ page here:

https://account.microsoft.com/family/FAQ/

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Oct 26, 2019
  6. Microsoft family features - child profile not working properly

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the family features are not working properly on the child account.

• When you say, “I removed the profile, and had him login again”, did you remove the account from the family or from the PC?

Regarding the app issue: Since you receive the message to look for an app from store while accessing the link to fix the child account issue. I suggest you to follow the steps to
    re-register the apps.

1. Press and hold the Windows key + X.
    2. Select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    3. Type the command and hit Enter on the keyboard: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    4. Restart the PC.

In addition, you can also try removing the child account from family and adding it again to the family. Refer the article

Remove members from your family group and
    Add members to your family group.

Regarding the email address on the login page:
    Do you see verify option under accounts in settings?

If you are able to see the verify option under accounts in settings page, I suggest you to try verifying the account and check if that helps.

1. Go to Settings >
      Accounts > Your info.
    2. Under the Email address click on
      Verify.
    3. Enter the code, which will be sent to your
      email address or mobile number.
    4. Click on Next to verify the account.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Add Money Account

2. Add money to a child Microsoft acc / custom amount?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add money to a child Microsoft acc / custom amount?: I have a question.So basically when I want to add money to an account on MSFT Family, there’s $10, 20, 50, etc etc. Am on a mobile phone.Is it possible to add a custom amount like $0.99, $5, etc on a desktop or something or is $10 the minimum?...
  3. add money to child's account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    add money to child's account: I am unable to add money to my child's account. I was able to make two transactions but after that i am unable to do that. I have even waited for two days as advised but to no avail....
  4. add money to child's account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add money to child's account: I am unable to add money to my child's account. I was able to make two transactions but after that i am unable to do that. I have even waited for two days as advised but to no avail....
  5. add money to child's account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can't add money to Microsoft account for my child

Can't add money to Microsoft account for my child: My child wants to buy game apps from Microsoft store, so I need to add money to his Microsoft account. It prompts me the same error message everytime I add money. It says "Sorry, something went wrong.We're not sure what happened but refreshing...
  7. Microsoft Family Adding Money to Child Account

Microsoft Family Adding Money to Child Account: I have searched thru the instructions as to how to add money to child account and as everyone else, got the same issue. Not a currency issue, I have tried multiple times and never succeeded once. Has anyone been successful in doing this?...
  8. Unable to add money to child account

Unable to add money to child account: Hi. I'm unable to add money to my child's account. This has been a problem for a few weeks now. I can buy things for myself so this is not a card/billing problem. I've tried Edge and Chrome and on more than one device. I've also read through the FAQ and this forum for answers...
  9. Cannot add child account to Microsoft Family with edu domain

Cannot add child account to Microsoft Family with edu domain: Hi there, I've been happily using MS Family for both of my children for years now. It's the best parental control system I've found, so well done MS on that front. My eldest child has now entered high school and has been given a school laptop. They have full admin rights...
  10. Unable to add money for child using our Microsoft Family accounts

Unable to add money for child using our Microsoft Family accounts: Whenever I try to add money to her account, I get the following message: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while. CV: nrTffXv4lU6OSy92.36.29.8 This has been going on for a couple of...