Windows 10: Manage Screen Time for Devices of Microsoft Family Child Member

Discus and support Manage Screen Time for Devices of Microsoft Family Child Member in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Manage Screen Time for Devices of Microsoft Family Child Member How to Manage Screen Time for Windows 10 and Xbox One Devices of Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 10, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Manage Screen Time for Devices of Microsoft Family Child Member

How to: Manage Screen Time for Devices of Microsoft Family Child Member

How to Manage Screen Time for Windows 10 and Xbox One Devices of Microsoft Family Child Member

One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to family features and settings. It's a free service that helps families stay connected and keeps kids safer on Windows 10, Xbox One devices, and Android devices running Microsoft Launcher. Youll find settings like activity reporting, screen time limits, location sharing, and content filters, where you can also track kids spending and add money to their Microsoft accounts.

A Microsoft family group is separate from other Microsoft apps and programs. You can sign up with your email account. If you already use Skype, youll have a family chat set up and waiting for you once you create your family group. If you dont already have Skype, get more information and sign up to create an account for your family.

Once you set up your family group, you can add or remove child and adult members.

Want to make sure your child has a good balance between screen time and other activities? Schedule when theyre welcome to have screen time, opening up time for other pursuits. (Go play outside!)

Use one schedule for all Windows 10 and Xbox One devices, or set separate schedules for each. When your child asks you for more timefor homework, of course you can easily respond through email or on account.microsoft.com/family.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to manage the Screen time to schedule when a child member in your Microsoft Family group is allowed or blocked to use their Windows 10 and Xbox One devices.

EXAMPLE: Screen time notification on child's PC or device

Manage Screen Time for Devices of Microsoft Family Child Member [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 or step 3 below for how you would like to manage your family settings online.

2. As an adult in the family, go to the Microsoft Family website, sign in with your Microsoft account if not already, and go to step 4 below.

3. Open Settings in Windows 10, click/tap on the Accounts icon, click/tap on Family & other users on the left side, click/tap on the Manage family settings online link, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on the Screen time link for the child member you want to manage. (see screenshot below)

5. Perform the following action depending on if you want to use one screen time schedule for all devices or not: (see screenshots below)
    • If you want to use the same schedule for all devices, turn on Use one schedule for all devices.
    • If you’d rather have separate schedules for each device, turn off Use one schedule for all devices, and turn on or off screen time for each individual device.

6. In the Time limit column for each day, select the amount of time you want to give the child for what you have scheduled. (see screenshot below)

*note The default time limit is Max scheduled to give the child the full amount of time you’ve scheduled for the day.

7. Click/tap on the allowed/blocked screen time schedule of a day you want to change (see screenshots below step 5), change the From and To screen time if you want to Add to the day's schedule, remove any screen time schedule you don't want for the day, and click/tap on Save to apply. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 10, 2017
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Microsoft Family Screen time is BROKEN

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were you able to perform this task previously?

2. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?

As I understand your concern related to Microsoft Family screen time limits, let us try few troubleshooting methods to fix this issue and check if that helps:

Method 1: Fix screen time limits not working. Refer the following article on
    Fix screen time limits not working
    for steps to troubleshoot issue with screen limits.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove and re-add the child account back to the family account. Refer the article on
    Remove members from your family group
    for steps to remove the child account from the family account. You can refer the following article on

Add members to your family group for steps to add the child account back to your family account.

Hope it helps,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Screen Time is not working in Family Options (Windows 10)

Hello Antonio, *Smile

Just to verify, do you have Use one schedule for all devices turned on to help make sure your scheduled screen time is applied to all his devices?

*Arrow Manage Screen Time for Devices of Microsoft Family Child Member | Tutorials

I've noticed that it may sometimes take 24 hours after adding a child for everything to sync. If it's been that long, you might see if removing and adding the child to your family group again may help.

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    Family Settings - Manage for Child in Windows 10

UPDATE: Email from Microsoft.

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  6. SCREEN TIME REPORTING FOR ALL FAMILY MEMBERS

Hello,

Family or Microsoft family feature are designed to help the parents keep tabs on your kid's or child's Windows device and activities. With regard to the screen time reporting, the family only allows the parent's account to monitor the child's usage, activities
    or amount of time they can spend on their devices. For more information about family, you can refer to this
    link.

You can also send a suggestion about your concern using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    link if you are using a Windows 10 PC or follow the steps below if you are using a Windows
    10 Mobile:

• Go to All apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the Menu icon what the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then tap the Add button
      (+) what the top right side.
    • Select Suggestion and provide the details needed in the box.
    • Select the right category and then Submit.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Michael Rey, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Manage Screen Time for Devices of Microsoft Family Child Member - Similar Threads - Manage Screen Devices

2. family group child member cannot join

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family group child member cannot join: Hello,My childs account was removed and added to another family group account which no one has access to anymore. How can I have his account re-joined. I can login to my account and his but he cannot leave the other family group account....
  3. family group child member cannot join

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    family group child member cannot join: Hello,My childs account was removed and added to another family group account which no one has access to anymore. How can I have his account re-joined. I can login to my account and his but he cannot leave the other family group account....
  4. family group child member cannot join

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Adding family member as a member adds him as a child?

Adding family member as a member adds him as a child?: Hi there,So I've added my wife as a family member so she can use my pc, but since she is not that computer literate I've added her as a member and not as orginiser. By doing that, she has received the email saying that I would like her to join my family as a child. After you...
  6. How to disable Microsoft Family Screen time as a Member

How to disable Microsoft Family Screen time as a Member: Hi there! I am a student who works on her computer a lot. I recently enrolled myself in the Microsoft Family account to reduce my screen time. I have two accounts and one of them is accessed to Microsoft and the other one was blocked by Microsoft for "No reason". I've...
  7. Screen time limit not working properly for family member

Screen time limit not working properly for family member: I have time limits set for both of my family members (under my family account) to stop working at a specific time every night (9:00pm school nights). It works fine for one of my members, but it does not for the other. It locks him out several hours ahead of time, and it...
  8. See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member: How to: See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member How to See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to family features and...
  9. Turn On or Off Ask a Parent for Microsoft Family Child Member

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Ask a Parent for Microsoft Family Child Member: How to: Turn On or Off Ask a Parent for Microsoft Family Child Member How to Turn On or Off Ask a Parent before buying stuff in Microsoft Store for Microsoft Family Child Member One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you...
  10. Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member: How to: Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member How to Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member on Windows 10, Xbox One, and Android Devices A child's location, limit which websites and games they can access, and require your approval...