Windows 10: Backup and Restore Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10

Discus and support Backup and Restore Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Backup and Restore Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10 When you add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by ExaFlop, May 20, 2017.

1. ExaFlop Win User

Backup and Restore Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10

How to: Backup and Restore Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10

How to Backup and Restore Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10

When you add or password key, and security information to be able to connect to a wireless network.

Restoring a backed up wireless network profile can be much easier than to manually set up and connect to a wireless network again.

This tutorial will show you how to backup and restore a specific or all wireless network profiles in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] To Back Up Wireless Network Profiles
    1. Open a command prompt, copy and paste the command below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

*note This command will give you a list of all wireless network profiles on each interface on your PC.
    netsh wlan show profiles

Backup and Restore Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10 [​IMG]

2. Do step 3, step 4, step 5, or step 6 below for what you would like to back up.

3. To Back Up All Wireless Network Profiles on All Interfaces
    A) In the command prompt, copy and paste the command below you want to use, press Enter, and go to step 7 below.

*Arrow (To not include security key (password))

netsh wlan export profile folder="%UserProfile%\Desktop"

*Arrow (To include security key (password))

netsh wlan export profile key=clear folder="%UserProfile%\Desktop"

4. To Back Up All Wireless Network Profiles on Specific Interface
    A) In the command prompt, type the command below you want to use, press Enter, and go to step 7 below.

netsh wlan export profile interface="interface name" folder="%UserProfile%\Desktop"

netsh wlan export profile key=clear interface="interface name" folder="%UserProfile%\Desktop"

*note Substitute interface name in the command above with the actual name of the interface from step 1 that the wireless network is on that you want to export as a backup.

For example:

netsh wlan export profile key=clear interface="Wi-Fi" folder="%UserProfile%\Desktop"

5. To Back Up Specific Wireless Network Profile on All Interfaces
    A) In the command prompt, type the command below you want to use, press Enter, and go to step 7 below.

netsh wlan export profile "profile name" folder="%UserProfile%\Desktop"

netsh wlan export profile "profile name" key=clear folder="%UserProfile%\Desktop"

*note Substitute profile name (SSID) in the command with the actual SSID network profile name from step 1 that you want to export as a backup.

For example:

netsh wlan export profile "Brink-Router2" key=clear folder="%UserProfile%\Desktop"

6. To Back Up Specific Wireless Network Profile on Specific Interface

netsh wlan export profile "profile name" interface="interface name" folder="%UserProfile%\Desktop"

netsh wlan export profile "profile name" key=clear interface="interface name" folder="%UserProfile%\Desktop"

*note Substitute profile name (SSID) in the command with the actual SSID network profile name from step 1 that you want to export as a backup.

Substitute interface name in the command with the actual name of the interface that the wireless network is on from step 1 that you want to export as a backup.

For example:

netsh wlan export profile "Brink-Router2" key=clear interface="Wi-Fi" folder="%UserProfile%\Desktop"

7. Each .xml file exported to your desktop is a backup of a wireless network profile. Keep them saved someplace safe.

8. When finished, you can close the command prompt if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Restore Wireless Network Profile(s)
    1. Open a step 2 or step 3 below for what command you would like to use.

2. To Restore Wireless Network Profile(s) for Only Current User
    A) In the command prompt, type the command below, press Enter, and go to step 4 below.

netsh wlan add profile filename="full path of .xml file" user=current

3. To Restore Wireless Network Profile(s) for All Users
    A) In the command prompt, type the command below, press Enter, and go to step 4 below.

netsh wlan add profile filename="full path of .xml file" user=all

*note Substitute full path of .xml file in the commands above with the actual full path of where you have the .xml file exported from OPTION ONE above saved at.

For example:

netsh wlan add profile filename="C:\Users\Shawn\Desktop\Wi-Fi-Brink-Router2.xml" user=all

4. Repeat step 2 or step 3 above if you would like to restore any other wireless network profiles.

5. When finished, you can close the command prompt if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

ExaFlop, May 20, 2017
  2. graye Win User
    graye, May 20, 2017
  3. J.DD Win User
    how to copy wireless networks to flash drive

This may help

Altho it'll be faster if you do it yourself / manually

4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, May 20, 2017
  5. ExaFlop Win User
    10x, Brink, for quick answer.
    I need to export from within Windows PE or another Windows installation on the machine.
    Regards

ExaFlop, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Backup and Restore Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Backup Restore Wireless

2. Backup and Restore Windows 10 Color Profile?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup and Restore Windows 10 Color Profile?: Is there any way to Backup and Restore Manually calibrated color scheme in windows 10? Because the default color scheme is wrong and I have to manually set the color profile if I reinstall windows. There is an option to add a color profile in settings, but im not sure how can...
  3. Wireless network profile changes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless network profile changes: I am running Win10 build 19041 and all of my wireless network profiles are automatically configuring to public and the option to change to private is not working, as if there is a setting somewhere that is locking out that option to change. Before I start deep diving into my...
  4. Windows 10 Backup And Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Backup And Restore: Dear Sir I am using Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.610 and facing problem for windows system image backup and restore utility which failed to create system image backup and popup Error Message Device was not Ready followed By Error OX 80070015 .I have tried it with...
  5. Backup / Restore to Network drives (Macrium)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup / Restore to Network drives (Macrium): Hi folks when you create the stand alone Macrium don't forget to enable legacy SMB1 support (in the Macrium create recovery media) under advanced if your backups goes to NAS or other shared network devices that still need SMB1. [img] Cheers jimbo 128463
  6. Windows 10 Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Backup and Restore: When I go to Windows 10 backup and restore page on my HP Notebook why does it show Backup and restore Windows 7 When I have Windows 10.Windows 10 was already preinstalled on this laptop when I bought it ?...
  7. Backup and Restore Network Shares and Permissions in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Network Shares and Permissions in Windows: How to: Backup and Restore Network Shares and Permissions in Windows How to Backup and Restore Network Shares and Permissions in Windows domain. You can set the permissions of a shared file or folder to allow groups or users to have a read only, change (modify), or...
  8. Add Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10: How to: Add Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10 How to Add a Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10 A wireless (Wi-Fi) connect to a wireless network. When you connect to a new wireless network, Windows will automatically create and add a profile for the wireless...
  9. See List of Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See List of Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10: How to: See List of Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10 How to See List of Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10 [img] Information When you password key, and security information to be able to connect to a wireless network. This tutorial will show you how to...
  10. Delete Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10: How to: Delete Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10 How to Delete a Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10 When you connect to a new wireless network, Windows will create a profile for the wireless network. A wireless (Wi-Fi) network profile contains the password key,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to Backup Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10