Windows 10: Change Button Face Color in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Button Face Color in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Button Face Color in Windows 10 How to Change Button Face Color in Windows 10 The button face color is the cell color used in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Change Button Face Color in Windows 10

How to: Change Button Face Color in Windows 10

How to Change Button Face Color in Windows 10

The button face color is the cell color used in classic Win32 system windows, dialogs, and property pages in Windows 10

The button face color is light gray by default.

This tutorial will show you how to change the button face color used for your account in Windows 10.

*note The button face color you set will only be applied to your current theme. If you saved for the selected theme.

EXAMPLE: Button face color when changed to "dark gray"

*note These are some of the system windows, dialogs, and property pages I found the button face color change in so far. Please feel free to post a screenshot here of other items you notice the button face color change in.

Change Button Face Color in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type regedit into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.

2. Navigate to the key below in the left pane of Registry Editor. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors

3. In the right pane of the Colors key, double click/tap on the ButtonFace string value to modify it. (see screenshot above)

4. Enter the 3 Red Green Blue (ex: 140 140 140) numbers (see tip box below) for the color (ex: dark gray) you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

*note The default RGB value is 240 240 240 for the color light gray.

Tip To find out the Red Green Blue (RGB) numbers for the custom color you want:

A) Open Paint (mspaint.exe).

B) Click/tap on the Edit colors button in the Home tab.

C) Select a color, and adjust the color to what you want.

D) The Red Green Blue numbers for the color will be at the bottom right corner of the Edit Colors dialog.

E) When finished, you can close Edit Colors and Paint.

5. Close Registry Editor.

6. sign in to apply.

7. You may need to repeat this tutorial until you find a button face color that looks good to you.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 25, 2018

2. Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 27, 2019
  3. color change, the color blue got lighter

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

The issue you are facing with Color change, I would like to ask few queries.

• Have you made any changes to the system prior to the issue?
    • Since when are you facing this?
    You can manually set the different color for start, taskbar, action center and title bar background.

To do so, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start and select Settings.
    • From left pane click on Color.
    • Choose a color which ever is suited for you.
    Referring to the second screen shot, it seems like the operating system you are using is not fully activated. This type of issue occurs only if the OS is not activated. I suggest you to refer the below Microsoft article and check how to resolve the common
    activation errors.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-errors-windows-10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/activation-errors

Note: Steps also works on Windows 10.

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Change Button Face Color in Windows 10

My Start Button is present, but has changed color.

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that start button and apps color changed also you are unable to access Windows Defender.

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Also, I suggest you to check for the Windows updates and see if you are able to access Windows Defender.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type Windows update.
    • select check for updates and install all the pending updates.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Window background color - I don't appear to be able to do this on windows 10 as the change color scheme bit isn't there.

Hi Anton,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change color scheme for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

• Right click on “Desktop screen”.
    • Then click on “Personalize”.
    • Click on “Colors”.
    • And change the color accordingly.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 27, 2019
  6. How to change default desktop color

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that you would like to change the default desktop color.

You may follow the steps given below and check.

• Click on the start button.

• Click on settings.

• Click on personalization.

• Select color.

• Choose a color for your desktop.

I would suggest you to refer to the Microsoft Help Article given below and check if that helps.

Get Started with Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Change Button Face Color in Windows 10

1. Change Button Face Color in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Button Face

2. Changing colors in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing colors in Windows 10: version2004 OS build 19041.867 Hello, I followed the instructions for changing windows 10 background color, and selected color then entered RGB numbers and added custom color. I then signed out and back into the pc and went back and re-did it. The RGB was already in Edit...
  3. Windows 10 Button change!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Button change!: [ATTACH] I search for a Theme where i can change for all Programms (inkluding Chrome...) the 3 Buttons on the top right corner. The minimize button, the Large button and the Close Button. they should be 3 dots like in macos but not left. so where do i find a theme like...
  4. Change color on scroll button

Change color on scroll button: How to highlight the scroll button on the scroll bar? I want to make it bright 168528
  5. Is it possible to change color of those buttons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change color of those buttons?: My theme accent color is light blue, yet those buttons are light red/purple. If I select png file then button is green, for selected zips color is pink. Is it possible to change them to light blue or some bluish variation? https://imgur.com/a/VLPkMfp submitted by...
  6. How to change the color of Windows 10 start button

How to change the color of Windows 10 start button: I would like to use the file I attached on this post as my start button . if it is not possible, can I have the same color for current Windows 10 start button. Please 135416
  7. change to default colors for windows 10

change to default colors for windows 10: what to do if I can not resety color back to default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-to-default-colors-for-windows-10/f90c380c-fda0-4fe3-8732-3e7704832359
  8. how to change face on face recognition in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to change face on face recognition in windows 10: jep ,that is my question ,and i have problem with that ,thank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-to-change-face-on-face-recognition-in-windows/f1fb2883-5f39-4d56-a8fd-d2accfdce249"
  9. System Button Face color on Office 2016

System Button Face color on Office 2016: I am running Office Professional Plus 2016 on Windows 10 Enterprise. Previously I had Office 2013 on Windows 8.1. All Office interfaces, particularly the forms I build in Access 216 all objects colored with System Button Face now appear "washed out". I cannot find...
  10. How to change text color on Taskbar buttons?

How to change text color on Taskbar buttons?: Is it possible to change the color of text on the Taskbar buttons? It is unreadable as black text on a very dark background. Thanks to various tutorials and threads in TenForums, and the Winaero Tweaker program, I now have all the other UI colors in Windows 10 looking how...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 change buttonface color