Windows 10: Change Default Action of Mouse Wheel for Photos app in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Default Action of Mouse Wheel for Photos app in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Default Action of Mouse Wheel for Photos app in Windows 10 How to Change Default Action of Mouse Wheel for Photos app in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Default Action of Mouse Wheel for Photos app in Windows 10

How to: Change Default Action of Mouse Wheel for Photos app in Windows 10

How to Change Default Action of Mouse Wheel for Photos app in Windows 10

The Photos app included in Windows 10 is a universal app that allows you to enjoy, organize, edit, and share all your digital memories. It brings together photos and videos from all your devices, enhances them to make great photos even better, and organizes them into beautiful albums for you.

When viewing a single item in the Photos app, you can rotate the mouse wheel to either view next or previous item or zoom in and out.

*note Ctrl + mouse wheel will always zoom in and out.

This tutorial will show you how to change the default mouse wheel action for the Photos app to either view next or previous item or zoom in and out for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open the Photos app from the Start menu *Start.
    2. Click/tap on the See more button
    Change Default Action of Mouse Wheel for Photos app in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    , and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

3. Under the Mouse wheel settings, select (dot) View next or previous item (default) or Zoom in and out for what you want. (see screenshot below)

4. You can now close the Photos app if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 23, 2017
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Can't browse photos with mouse wheel anymore - Photos App, Windows 10

We've tried to use the Photo Apps with lower version of Windows 10 (1511 OS Build 10586.494, the mouse wheel is working fine.

We suggest updating the driver of your mouse. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key+X, the select Device Manager.
    • Double-click Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click HID-compliant mouse, then click Properties.
    • Click Driver tab, then click Uninstall.
    • Click OK.
    • Once done, click Scan for hardware changes on the upper part of Device Manager.

Change Default Action of Mouse Wheel for Photos app in Windows 10 1ab7a5e6-0db4-4768-ae87-e90a5db30633.jpg

Let us know the result.

Riel Alc, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - Photo App - Arrow Keys, Mouse Scroll wheel & Next/Previous arrows do not work

Hi Lozza47au,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in troubleshooting this issue. The details provided helps us to avoid repeating the steps.

1. On the other computer where you have described ‘something has gone haywire’, are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Is the arrow keys and mouse scroll wheel issue specific to particular photo in that photo folder?
    3. Do you face the same issue when you open the photo in a different application?
    4. What is the make and model of the Keyboard, mouse?

However, let us try these methods one by one to check if that helps.

Method A: Suggest you to refer to the suggestions from Ernie San dated November 22, 2016 and Dan9090 dated September 1, 2017 to check if that makes any difference.

Windows 10 Photos app - scroll wheel

Method B: You may also want to move couple of photos to a different location and check if those Photo app options work normally.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Can't browse photos with mouse wheel anymore - Photos App, Windows 10

Hi Christoffer,

To better assist you with the issue, please provide the following this information:

• Are you using wireless or wired mouse?
    • Have you tried using other mouse?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Oct 26, 2019
  5. How to set Win 10 Photo App to Zoom with the mouse wheel

I know this is an older post, but Google still ranks it high, thus my update. Microsoft gave us the ability to set the Mouse Wheel to either Zoom or Scroll to next image:

1. Open the Windows Icon (lower left) and scroll through the list of apps
    2. Open the PHOTO app
    3. Select the “three dot” icon in upper right corner …
    4. Select SETTINGS from the pulldown menu
    5. Look under Viewing and Editing Section, the Mouse Wheel Subsection
    6. Select “Zoom In and Out” instead of “View Next or Previous Item

ArtofFrozenTime, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Can't browse photos with mouse wheel anymore - Photos App, Windows 10

I was happy using this app by the standards of how the mouse wheel tends to work in most programs. Why change away from the standard? How can I change the mouse wheel to browse the next / previous photos in the folder instead of zooming, and maybe having
    it continue by zooming when I hold Ctrl in instead?

Christoffer M, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Default Action of Mouse Wheel for Photos app in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Default Action

2. FlipFlopWheel setting not changing mouse wheel direction in material Windows Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    FlipFlopWheel setting not changing mouse wheel direction in material Windows Apps: The reg edit change to reverse scrolling direction FlipFlopWheel =1 works for all apps except for those "native" Windows 10 apps like "Settings" or those from the Microsoft Store i.e. any apps that have that 'material' design.I also note that when "hover scroll" is active the...
  3. FlipFlopWheel setting not changing mouse wheel direction in material Windows Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FlipFlopWheel setting not changing mouse wheel direction in material Windows Apps: The reg edit change to reverse scrolling direction FlipFlopWheel =1 works for all apps except for those "native" Windows 10 apps like "Settings" or those from the Microsoft Store i.e. any apps that have that 'material' design.I also note that when "hover scroll" is active the...
  4. FlipFlopWheel setting not changing mouse wheel direction in material Windows Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing Photo default apps

Changing Photo default apps: It seems now, with possible update, I can no longer open my photographs using my installed photoshop program. It defaults to Microsoft Photo app instead when clicking on an image in Windows Explorer folders. Use to be you got a choice when choosing OPEN WITH, but although I...
  6. Windows 10 Mouse Wheel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Mouse Wheel: My Mouse Wheel stopped scrolling after the last Windows 10 update. First the Number of lines to scroll kept resetting to 0 as I left the page. I finally uses Task Manager to abort the settings and the change stayed and could now be adjusted. This had no effect on the...
  7. using mouse wheel in photo app and in photo apps generally

using mouse wheel in photo app and in photo apps generally: hi, i have learnt and got used to that the mouse wheen to down reverts to previous pages and up or forward goes to next page actually i don't know why that is inverted in photo app is there anyway to fix all of that...
  8. Change Windows default email action?

in Browsers and Email
    Change Windows default email action?: I used Gmail in Chrome to send/receive my email. When I click on an email address that is on a website or anywhere else, Windows by default opens it's own email window and wants me to use that rather than Gmail to send & receive messages. I want no part of that and would like...
  9. Changing Explorer Default Action

Changing Explorer Default Action: For htm files, the default windows action is Open. Click on it and it opens the file in your browser. Problem is I don't want to do this. I want to edit the htm file, but I can't seem to find anything to change the default. This doesn't seem to be an option anywhere. I could...
  10. Change default photo viewer app

Change default photo viewer app: My friend did something on her computer the other day in which her pictures folder - the pictures are not pictures now, they have the default photo app viewer. How can I change them so she sees the pictures are pictures? [img] 103812