Windows 10: Choose Where to Keep Mouse Cursor while using Magnifier in Windows 10

Discus and support Choose Where to Keep Mouse Cursor while using Magnifier in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Choose Where to Keep Mouse Cursor while using Magnifier in Windows 10 How to Choose Where to Keep Mouse Cursor while using Magnifier in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Choose Where to Keep Mouse Cursor while using Magnifier in Windows 10

How to: Choose Where to Keep Mouse Cursor while using Magnifier in Windows 10

How to Choose Where to Keep Mouse Cursor while using Magnifier in Windows 10

Magnifier is a tool that enlarges partor allof your screen so you can see words and images better. It comes with a few different settings, so use it the way that suits you best.

Starting with zoom levels.

This tutorial will show you how to choose where to keep the mouse cursor while using Magnifier in full screen view for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Choose Where to Keep Mouse Cursor while using Magnifier in Settings
    • Option Two: Choose Where to Keep Mouse Cursor while using Magnifier using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Choose Where to Keep Mouse Cursor while using Magnifier in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Ease of Access icon.

2. Click/tap on Magnifier on the left side, and select Centered on the screen or Within the edge of the screen (default) in the "Keep the mouse cursor" drop menu for what you want in the "Change Magnifier view" section on the right side. (see screenshot below)

*note You will need to have Full screen selected in the Choose a view drop menu.

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

Choose Where to Keep Mouse Cursor while using Magnifier in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Choose Where to Keep Mouse Cursor while using Magnifier using a REG file
    *note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ScreenMagnifier

FullScreenTrackingMode DWORD value

0 = Within the edge of the screen
    1 = Centered on the screen

1. Do step 2 (within edge) or step 3 (centered) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Keep Mouse Cursor "Within the edge of the screen"
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Magnifier_keep_mouse_cursor_within_edges_of_screen.reg

Download

3. To Keep Mouse Cursor "Centered on the screen"
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Magnifier_keep_mouse_cursor_centered_on_screen.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, OK (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 22, 2017

2. Windows 10 magnifier does not track cursor

Hello Andre,

Thank you very much for trying to help.

I tried doing both your suggestions and still doesn't work.

Please note that the magnifier does track the mouse but not the keyboard.

It is a very important feature for those who are visually impaired, without it one needs to type text and move the mouse every time the cursor escapes the magnifier area.

Any other suggestions? there must have been some update that corrupted it because
    it used to work fine before and now it's corrupted on both my computers .

Avishay

AvishayBransky, Oct 27, 2019
  3. magnifier on Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.

Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/use-magnifier-see-items

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Choose Where to Keep Mouse Cursor while using Magnifier in Windows 10

Windows 10 magnifier does not track cursor

Hi Avishay

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Click Start > Settings > Ease of Access > Magnifier

Scroll down to 'Have Magnifier follow:'

Uncheck 'Mouse cursor'

Exit Settings

Restart your computer

Click Start > Settings > Ease of Access > Magnifier

Scroll down to 'Have Magnifier follow:'

Check 'Mouse cursor'

Check if it now works.

If it does not work...

Press Windows key + X

Click Windows PowerShell (Admin).

At the command prompt, type the following, hit Enter the restart.

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Andre for Directly, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Windows 10 magnifier does not track cursor

Hello,

I am using Windows 10 pro and its integrated magnifier. It used to track the mouse and keyboard cursor very well yet a few weeks ago it stopped tracking the keyboard cursor in some applications specifically Google Chrome while it continues tracking the keyboard
    cursor in Office applications.

Does anyone knows the reason for that? any workarounds?

Thank you,

Avishay

AvishayBransky, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Mouse Cursor and pad cursor - Acer Aspire Lap Top.

Hi Tess,

Based on the description that you mentioned, you're having challenges controlling the mouse cursor. It looks like we will need more information about your concern in order to give the most appropriate advice. As such, please answer the following questions:

• Did make any changes to your computer prior to this issue (e.g. updating Windows operating system, hardware changes, etc.)?
    • Can you please tell us more description of the behavior of the mouse cursor?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to the link below for helpful tips and steps on how you can resolve this issue:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows

We also suggest that you update the drivers in
    Windows 10
    as this process will apply new features and fixes that are essential to your hardware drivers.

We're looking forward to your response.

Lawrence Lib, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Choose Where to Keep Mouse Cursor while using Magnifier in Windows 10

1. Choose Where to Keep Mouse Cursor while using Magnifier in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Choose Where Keep

2. Win 11 + magnifier. Mouse cursor alignment issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 + magnifier. Mouse cursor alignment issues: I am having a ton of issues with the magnifier in Windows. Well, the problem here is related to "cursor misallignment". I have magnifier configured to "center th mouse cursor" but fairly often something goes wrong, and the cursor is placed "out of center". For example in the...
  3. Win 11 + magnifier. Mouse cursor alignment issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 + magnifier. Mouse cursor alignment issues: I am having a ton of issues with the magnifier in Windows. Well, the problem here is related to "cursor misallignment". I have magnifier configured to "center th mouse cursor" but fairly often something goes wrong, and the cursor is placed "out of center". For example in the...
  4. Windows10 keyboard lag while using magnifier.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 keyboard lag while using magnifier.: In the country in which I live, there is a law thatnprevent discrimination against disabled persons. It is called the ADA. You risk civil and criminal damages. I am William's age and have been using keyboards for as long as he has. Never had a keyboard that didn't work...
  5. Magnifier options while using multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Magnifier options while using multiple monitors: I have my laptop in my living room here with a long HDMI cord going to the tv so if, for example, someone else living here wants to watch something on Netflix or another streaming site i don't have a smart tv they can while i watch what i want on my laptop screen with...
  6. Fix for mouse jumping when using magnifier

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fix for mouse jumping when using magnifier: I recently noticed that my mouse jumps around in certain programs. The problem is repeatable and the mouse always jump in a predictable fashion to the same exact spot in the program. The location it jumps to is program dependent, for example: In Outlook, when I click in...
  7. How to keep Magnifier mouse cursor in center of screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to keep Magnifier mouse cursor in center of screen in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Magnifier tool in Windows 10 lets you easily enlarge text and images on any section of your screen through a mouse cursor. If your mouse […] This article How to keep Magnifier mouse cursor in center of screen in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  8. Windows 10 magnifier does not track cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 magnifier does not track cursor: Hello, I am using Windows 10 pro and its integrated magnifier. It used to track the mouse and keyboard cursor very well yet a few weeks ago it stopped tracking the keyboard cursor in some applications specifically Google Chrome while it continues tracking the keyboard cursor...
  9. Choose Where to Keep Text Cursor while using Magnifier in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Choose Where to Keep Text Cursor while using Magnifier in Windows 10: How to: Choose Where to Keep Text Cursor while using Magnifier in Windows 10 How to Choose Where to Keep Text Cursor while using Magnifier in Windows 10 Magnifier is a tool that enlarges partor allof your screen so you can see words and images better. It comes with a...
  10. How do I keep the mouse courser centered while zooming with magnifier?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I keep the mouse courser centered while zooming with magnifier?: Hello. When I'm zoomed in, the screen doesn't move until the courser hits a screen corner. I find this to be super annoying. Is there a way to center the mouse so that the screen will move with the mouse? And is there a way to zoom in and out using the mouse wheel rather...