Windows 10: Turn On or Off Invert Colors of Magnifier Window in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Invert Colors of Magnifier Window in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Invert Colors of Magnifier Window in Windows 10 [img] Information Magnifier is a tool that enlarges part—or all—of your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Invert Colors of Magnifier Window in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Invert Colors of Magnifier Window in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Invert Colors of Magnifier Window in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Magnifier is a tool that enlarges part—or all—of your screen so you can see words and images better. It comes with a few different settings, so use it the way that suits you best.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off invert colors of the Magnifier window for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Invert Colors of Magnifier Window using Keyboard Shortcut
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Invert Colors of Magnifier Window from Settings
    • Option Three: To Turn On or Off Invert Colors of Magnifier Window using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Invert colors of Magnifier window turned on and off

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Invert Colors of Magnifier Window using Keyboard Shortcut
    1. While you have Magnifier opened, press the Ctlr + Alt + I keys to toggle invert colors on and off.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Invert Colors of Magnifier Window from Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Ease of Access icon.

2. Click/tap on Magnifier on the left side, and turn on or off (default) Invert colors on the right side under Magnifier options for what you want. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] To Turn On or Off Invert Colors of Magnifier Window using a REG file

Note The .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ScreenMagnifier

Invert DWORD value

0= Off
    1= On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Invert Colors of Magnifier Window
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_On_invert_colors_of_Magnifier_window.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Invert Colors of Magnifier Window
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_Off_invert_colors_of_Magnifier_window.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click on Run, OK (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Dec 3, 2016

2. Windows 10 invert screen colors on some cases

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with the inverted colors on the screen while using certain apps. I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by following certain troubleshooting steps.

One of the possible thing of the color inversion could be if by any chance magnifier or color filters are being triggered using the keyboard shortcuts with inverted settings.

You can try changing the settings for Magnifier and color filters and see if the issue persists.

Changing settings for Magnifier:

1. Press Windows + I keys together to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Ease of access and then select
      Magnifier
    3. Now uncheck the box next to
      Invert colors

Change settings for Color filters:

1. Press Windows + I keys together to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Ease of access and then select
      Magnifier
    3. Now click on the radio button to Grayscale.
    4. You can also try unchecking the box next to
      Turn on color filters

You can refer the screenshots below for further reference

Turn On or Off Invert Colors of Magnifier Window in Windows 10 b1f760fa-a623-4e98-9b81-fe27d140625e?upload=true.png

Turn On or Off Invert Colors of Magnifier Window in Windows 10 c99430ba-813f-47d7-b423-4da2057b9b9d?upload=true.jpg

In addition, you may also want to refer the article
    Fix common Surface problems using the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit
    and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Invert colors

Invert colors shortcut does not work in win10.

Ctrl+alt+i hasen't worked in win 10 for at least 1 year. Still in magnifier option it clearly says to press that shortcut like in win 7.

christianschoerner, Oct 26, 2019
  4. jayvicrx Win User

invert colors not working

i just bought a hp pavilion x360. I tried to set up to invert colors, clicked the box, tried keyboard shortcut. no luck,. I want to use the invert colors options without the actual magnifier. I've done this on other computer but have no luck on here

jayvicrx, Oct 26, 2019
  5. color invert probem...

Recently updated windows 10 and facing color invert problems. Whenever I play game or whenever I plug in accessories, laptop screen will just blink to color invert and goes back to normal. I did not face any problem before update.

Please suggest me what to do...

NBSMONEESH, Oct 26, 2019
  6. magnifier on Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.

Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/use-magnifier-see-items

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Invert Colors of Magnifier Window in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Invert

2. how to turn off the magnifier permanently

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn off the magnifier permanently: I want to turn the magnifier OFF permanently and have tried all the solutions I could find and they aren't working. This is only in my email. The screen is right size but the reading pane text and the folder column are so small you need a strong magnifying glass to read them....
  3. Colors are inverted when I turn on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Colors are inverted when I turn on fullscreen: When I try to turn on fullscreen in games Minecraft and Roblox it inverts the colors this has been happening for a few weeks now I tried searching it in Youtube on how to fix but none of them has the same problem as mine. Picture: [ATTACH] Processor: AMD A4-6210 APU...
  4. inverted colors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    inverted colors: Hello! I was watching netflix today and i moved it over to my second monitor and all the colors inverted them selves only on netflix so i tried moving a game over and it did the same thing? its only on apps or games everything else is the normal color and im a bit confused i...
  5. Windows 10 Inverted Color?

Windows 10 Inverted Color?: Hi one day I woke up to find my laptop in this weird state. Please help. Windows version 1809 OS Build 17763.1098 Background is gone, Green was originally grey. Yellow was Blue and White was Black. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. windows 10 inverts colors on click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 inverts colors on click: hi im having trouble on windows 10 tried everything when i click on folders the colors invert for a second and than go back to normal, only the colors of the explorer window, any ideas? i tried everything Thanks submitted by /u/AnylizerExE [link] [comments]...
  7. Color inverted (turned to negative) on monitor.

Color inverted (turned to negative) on monitor.: I got a new laptop with windows 10. I was playing with the personalization controls in order to personalize it. Somewhere along the line I pushed a button that did this. Now I've forgotten where I did this. Help, I really messed up. I want my regular colors back. Oh, I thank...
  8. Turn On or Off Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Floating Transparent Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Windows 10 [img] Information Magnifier is a tool that enlarges part—or all—of your screen so you can see words and images...
  9. Turn On or Off Auto Start Magnifier before Login in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto Start Magnifier before Login in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto Start Magnifier before Login in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Start Magnifier Automatically before Login in Windows 10 [img] Information Magnifier is a tool that enlarges part—or all—of your screen so you can see words and images better....
  10. Turn On or Off Start Magnifier Automatically at Login in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Start Magnifier Automatically at Login in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Start Magnifier Automatically at Login in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Start Magnifier Automatically at Login in Windows 10 [img] Information Magnifier is a tool that enlarges part—or all—of your screen so you can see words and images...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn off invert colors in windows 10

2. how do you turn off invert colors on windows

3. with magnifier off colors are inverted