Windows 10: Choose Where to Keep Text Cursor while using Magnifier in Windows 10

Discus and support Choose Where to Keep Text Cursor while using Magnifier in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Choose Where to Keep Text Cursor while using Magnifier in Windows 10 How to Choose Where to Keep Text Cursor while using Magnifier in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by margrave55, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Choose Where to Keep Text Cursor while using Magnifier in Windows 10

How to: Choose Where to Keep Text Cursor while using Magnifier in Windows 10

How to Choose Where to Keep Text Cursor while using Magnifier in Windows 10

Magnifier is a tool that enlarges partor allof your screen so you can see words and images better. It comes with a few different settings, so use it the way that suits you best.

Starting with Windows 10 build 18894, Windows Magnifier has a new ability to keep the text cursor in the center of the screen making it easier and smoother to type. Centered on the screen is on by default and can be changed in the Magnifier settings.

You can now choose to keep the text cursor centered on the screen or within the edges of the screen while using Magnifier in full screen view.

This tutorial will show you how to choose where to keep the text cursor while using Magnifier in full screen view for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Choose Where to Keep Text Cursor while using Magnifier in Settings
    • Option Two: Choose Where to Keep Text Cursor while using Magnifier using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Choose Where to Keep Text Cursor while using Magnifier in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Ease of Access icon.

2. Click/tap on Magnifier on the left side, and select Centered on the screen or Within the edge of the screen (default) in the "Keep the text cursor" drop menu for what you want in the "Change Magnifier view" section on the right side. (see screenshot below)

*note You will need to have Full screen selected in the Choose a view drop menu.

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

Choose Where to Keep Text Cursor while using Magnifier in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Choose Where to Keep Text Cursor while using Magnifier using a REG file
    *note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ScreenMagnifier

CenterTextInsertionPoint DWORD value

0 = Within the edge of the screen
    1 = Centered on the screen

1. Do step 2 (within edge) or step 3 (centered) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Keep Text Cursor "Within the edge of the screen"
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Magnifier_keep_text_cursor_within_edges_of_screen.reg

Download

3. To Keep Text Cursor "Centered on the screen"
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Magnifier_keep_text_cursor_centered_on_screen.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, OK (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

margrave55, Jun 20, 2018

2. magnifier on Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.

Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/use-magnifier-see-items

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 magnifier does not track cursor

Hello Andre,

Thank you very much for trying to help.

I tried doing both your suggestions and still doesn't work.

Please note that the magnifier does track the mouse but not the keyboard.

It is a very important feature for those who are visually impaired, without it one needs to type text and move the mouse every time the cursor escapes the magnifier area.

Any other suggestions? there must have been some update that corrupted it because
    it used to work fine before and now it's corrupted on both my computers .

Avishay

AvishayBransky, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Choose Where to Keep Text Cursor while using Magnifier in Windows 10

manage magnifier shortcut

Hey RXaverius,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.
    Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/use-magnifier-see-items

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Ernie San Win User
    Windows 10 update broke MS magnifier

Hello,

To fix the issue with Magnifier, we suggest to turn it off and turn on your Magnifier. Here are the steps below:

• Press Start key.
    • Click Settings.
    • Select and click, Ease of Access.
    • Select and click, Magnifier.
    • Under Magnifier in the right pane, click off/on.

You may also try to Run Magnifier as administrator. If you don't know how, follow the steps below:

• Press Start key.
    • Type Magnifier.
    • Right-click Run as administrator.
    • If there's a pop-up about User Account Control, you have to type your
      Username and Password to continue.
    • Click Yes.

Let us know what happened.

Regards.

Ernie San, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Choose Where to Keep Text Cursor while using Magnifier in Windows 10

1. Choose Where to Keep Text Cursor while using Magnifier in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Choose Where Keep

2. Windows10 keyboard lag while using magnifier.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 keyboard lag while using magnifier.: In the country in which I live, there is a law thatnprevent discrimination against disabled persons. It is called the ADA. You risk civil and criminal damages. I am William's age and have been using keyboards for as long as he has. Never had a keyboard that didn't work...
  3. Windows10 keyboard lag while using magnifier.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows10 keyboard lag while using magnifier.: In the country in which I live, there is a law thatnprevent discrimination against disabled persons. It is called the ADA. You risk civil and criminal damages. I am William's age and have been using keyboards for as long as he has. Never had a keyboard that didn't work...
  4. Magnifier options while using multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Magnifier options while using multiple monitors: I have my laptop in my living room here with a long HDMI cord going to the tv so if, for example, someone else living here wants to watch something on Netflix or another streaming site i don't have a smart tv they can while i watch what i want on my laptop screen with...
  5. Windows 10 lets you customize Text cursor; Gets Magnifier & Screen reader improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 lets you customize Text cursor; Gets Magnifier & Screen reader improvements: [ATTACH]Windows 10 Team has always made sure that anyone can use the operating system. It is the reason why Accessibility is built into the core, […] This article Windows 10 lets you customize Text cursor; Gets Magnifier & Screen reader improvements first appeared on...
  6. How to keep Magnifier mouse cursor in center of screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to keep Magnifier mouse cursor in center of screen in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Magnifier tool in Windows 10 lets you easily enlarge text and images on any section of your screen through a mouse cursor. If your mouse […] This article How to keep Magnifier mouse cursor in center of screen in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  7. Windows 10 magnifier does not track cursor

Windows 10 magnifier does not track cursor: Hello, I am using Windows 10 pro and its integrated magnifier. It used to track the mouse and keyboard cursor very well yet a few weeks ago it stopped tracking the keyboard cursor in some applications specifically Google Chrome while it continues tracking the keyboard cursor...
  8. Cursor jumps while highlighting text and inserting text.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor jumps while highlighting text and inserting text.: While I'm typing in an email my cursor will jump while inserting text in the email. What can I do to prevent this from happening? Also, when I go to highlight an area, it jumps around and highlights the entire text, not just the area I wanted highlighted. Any...
  9. How to magnify text?

How to magnify text?: I need my text larger on all websites. I know I can go to "display settings", but I have that set to the max (125%) and it's still not large enough. Then there is the magnifier which will only do 100% and 200% (plus I think it's only good for items on the computer). I need...
  10. Choose Where to Keep Mouse Cursor while using Magnifier in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Choose Where to Keep Mouse Cursor while using Magnifier in Windows 10: How to: Choose Where to Keep Mouse Cursor while using Magnifier in Windows 10 How to Choose Where to Keep Mouse Cursor while using Magnifier in Windows 10 Magnifier is a tool that enlarges partor allof your screen so you can see words and images better. It comes with a...