Windows 10: Controller acting like a mouse on windows 10?

Discus and support Controller acting like a mouse on windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've looked for hours and literally nothing pops up. Any known fix? Basically my controller acts like a mouse, kinda annoying when playing fifa and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnFaint, Oct 10, 2019.

1. JohnFaint Win User

Controller acting like a mouse on windows 10?

I've looked for hours and literally nothing pops up. Any known fix? Basically my controller acts like a mouse, kinda annoying when playing fifa and ****

:)

JohnFaint, Oct 10, 2019

2. Mouse acts as a controller

Pull the mouse driver, if it continues replace the mouse

eidairaman1, Oct 10, 2019
  3. BoyE Win User
    Mouse acts as a controller

Back in september 2016 i bought a logitech g502, everything has been fine until now.
    A week ago it started acting as a controller in certain games such as The Witcher 3.
    The game would say "Press A to skip" but would go back to "Press Enter to skip" as soon as I unplugged the mouse.
    Also, windows becomes much less responsive when plugged in. for example:

- Deactivates the windows button (the one on the keyboard) (pressing it wont open the startmenu)
    - Cant switch to programs by clicking on them in the taskbar
    - Search function doesn't open when pressed.

And the lists goes on.

The funny thing is that this happens every computer that I plug it into.
    Tried on my new laptop (MSI GS73VR) and it immediately produced the same effects.

I've tried:
    - Installing new firmware on the mouse
    - Reinstalling drivers
    - Renaming xinput1_3.dll (someone said this could work)
    - Multiple different USB ports

The problem exists somewhere on the mouse or in the software on it.

Currently the only solution I see is throwing the mouse in the trashcan or launching it into orbit with a trebuchet.

P.S. Never owned a controller, so it isn't some other software playing games with me.

4. Controller acting like a mouse on windows 10?

Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Settings

How to Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Windows 10

If your Windows 10 device has a pen or another type of stylus, you can customize what your pen does and how it works with your PC.

Starting with Windows 10 build 17661, there is a new option in Pen & Windows Ink Settings that allows your pen to behave like a mouse instead of scrolling or panning the screen.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off allowing your pen to act as a mouse in legacy apps instead of scrolling or panning the screen for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse using a REG file

Controller acting like a mouse on windows 10? [​IMG]
    OPTION ONE
    Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2. Click/tap on Pen & Windows Ink on the left side, and check (on) or uncheck (off - default) Allow my pen to act as mouse in legacy applications for what you want on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO
    Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\Pen

PenInteractionModel DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Allow_pen_to_act_as_mouse_in_legacy_applications.reg

3. To Turn Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Allow_pen_to_act_as_mouse_in_legacy_applications.reg

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. sign in to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Controller acting like a mouse on windows 10?

1. Controller acting like a mouse on windows 10? - Similar Threads - Controller acting mouse

2. Controller acting like a mouse on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller acting like a mouse on windows 11?: This question was asked back in 2019 - it referred to windows 10- this issue is still an issue "I've looked for hours and literally nothing pops up. Any known fix? Basically my controller acts like a mouse, kinda annoying when playing fifa and ****" and yes it is kinda...
  3. Controller Acting like a mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller Acting like a mouse: My controller is acting like a mouse making it impossible to play games. I have looked for a fix but I can not find one.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controller-acting-like-a-mouse/c49a0316-7005-486e-8f28-2725fa16a530
  4. Controller Acting like a mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Controller Acting like a mouse: My controller is acting like a mouse making it impossible to play games. I have looked for a fix but I can not find one.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controller-acting-like-a-mouse/c49a0316-7005-486e-8f28-2725fa16a530
  5. Controller Acting like a mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Controller acting like a mouse and keyboard on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller acting like a mouse and keyboard on windows 10?: when ever i try and sprint in a game a keyboard pops up and its really annoying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controller-acting-like-a-mouse-and-keyboard-on/618d958c-2194-48a5-aa06-9a037c99e023
  7. Controller acting like a mouse and keyboard on windows 10?

Controller acting like a mouse and keyboard on windows 10?: when ever i try and sprint in a game a keyboard pops up and its really annoying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controller-acting-like-a-mouse-and-keyboard-on/618d958c-2194-48a5-aa06-9a037c99e023
  8. Controller acting like a mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller acting like a mouse: I have a playstation 4 controller i have used for almost a year on my pc, i updated my windows 11 last night on 7/29/2022 and it started to cause my controller to act like a mouse and every time I connect it, it drifts the mouse cursor to the top left corner of my screen and...
  9. Controller acting like a mouse

Controller acting like a mouse: I have a playstation 4 controller i have used for almost a year on my pc, i updated my windows 11 last night on 7/29/2022 and it started to cause my controller to act like a mouse and every time I connect it, it drifts the mouse cursor to the top left corner of my screen and...
  10. Windows 10 acting like my controller is a mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 acting like my controller is a mouse: I downloaded DuckStation PS1 emulator today to replay some old favorites but I can't because when my Xbox 360 controller is plugged in the right analog stick moves the mouse and the buttons do various things. When I launch DuckStation I guess it does not recognize that it's a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. controller acting like mouse