Windows 10: Controller acting like a mouse on windows 10?

Discus and support Controller acting like a mouse on windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've looked for hours and literally nothing pops up. Any known fix? Basically my controller acts like a mouse, kinda annoying when playing fifa and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnFaint, Oct 10, 2019.

1. JohnFaint Win User

Controller acting like a mouse on windows 10?

I've looked for hours and literally nothing pops up. Any known fix? Basically my controller acts like a mouse, kinda annoying when playing fifa and ****

:)

JohnFaint, Oct 10, 2019

2. Mouse acts as a controller

Pull the mouse driver, if it continues replace the mouse

eidairaman1, Oct 10, 2019
  3. BoyE Win User
    Mouse acts as a controller

Back in september 2016 i bought a logitech g502, everything has been fine until now.
    A week ago it started acting as a controller in certain games such as The Witcher 3.
    The game would say "Press A to skip" but would go back to "Press Enter to skip" as soon as I unplugged the mouse.
    Also, windows becomes much less responsive when plugged in. for example:

- Deactivates the windows button (the one on the keyboard) (pressing it wont open the startmenu)
    - Cant switch to programs by clicking on them in the taskbar
    - Search function doesn't open when pressed.

And the lists goes on.

The funny thing is that this happens every computer that I plug it into.
    Tried on my new laptop (MSI GS73VR) and it immediately produced the same effects.

I've tried:
    - Installing new firmware on the mouse
    - Reinstalling drivers
    - Renaming xinput1_3.dll (someone said this could work)
    - Multiple different USB ports

The problem exists somewhere on the mouse or in the software on it.

Currently the only solution I see is throwing the mouse in the trashcan or launching it into orbit with a trebuchet.

P.S. Never owned a controller, so it isn't some other software playing games with me.

4. Controller acting like a mouse on windows 10?

Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Settings

How to Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Windows 10

If your Windows 10 device has a pen or another type of stylus, you can customize what your pen does and how it works with your PC.

Starting with Windows 10 build 17661, there is a new option in Pen & Windows Ink Settings that allows your pen to behave like a mouse instead of scrolling or panning the screen.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off allowing your pen to act as a mouse in legacy apps instead of scrolling or panning the screen for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse using a REG file

Controller acting like a mouse on windows 10? [​IMG]
    OPTION ONE
    Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2. Click/tap on Pen & Windows Ink on the left side, and check (on) or uncheck (off - default) Allow my pen to act as mouse in legacy applications for what you want on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO
    Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\Pen

PenInteractionModel DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Allow_pen_to_act_as_mouse_in_legacy_applications.reg

3. To Turn Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Allow_pen_to_act_as_mouse_in_legacy_applications.reg

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. Sign out and sign in to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Controller acting like a mouse on windows 10?

1. Controller acting like a mouse on windows 10? - Similar Threads - Controller acting mouse

2. Mouse acting weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse acting weird: After a Windows update my mouse on my HP laptop is acting weird, is very laggy sometimes. It even freezes sometimes. I've tried almost every method that the experts posted on this forum and I still have the issue....
  3. Spacekey/bar acting like Backspace

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spacekey/bar acting like Backspace: I have tried all tricks out the on the net - no luck yet ! I have tried to install english and UN-install danish then reinstall danish - no luck ! What is wrong here ?...
  4. Windows 10 - Right Key Sometimes Acts Like It's Stuck?

Windows 10 - Right Key Sometimes Acts Like It's Stuck?: Hi, I'm currently experiencing a problem with Windows 10 that is affecting me when I attempt to use the taskbar and when I attempt to play games. Whenever I try to use the search or use the calendar, it acts as if the right arrow key is being held down and has a specific...
  5. Mouse is acting up

Mouse is acting up: Hi all, I have a brand new Nuvision Encite two in one laptop/tablet. Today, the mouse has been clicking stuff when I've not touched it, it tremors over areas that it's idle, it won't click the things I want it to, it'll click its own things & even highlight things on its...
  6. Programs are invisible but act like they are there and open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs are invisible but act like they are there and open.: My pc has been experiencing an issue where some programs are not showing up. I have read many forms that said it is just minimized or lost in a corner but for me, it acts like it is there. When I open one of the programs that don't work it says it is open on the taskbar but...
  7. Internet Explorer acting like Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer acting like Firefox: I was on Yahoo and accessed the Games. I accessed the daily crossword and I got the ad bypass window that Firefox displays and then the game came up. I tried a couple of the other games and it did the same thing. One thing fixed... 3503
  8. Peculiar windows 10 behaviour acting like "no drive recognized"

Peculiar windows 10 behaviour acting like "no drive recognized": Ok not really sure what to title this or how to explain this so knowing where to post for best reply is also limited...anyways here goes. I have windows 10, and had it on the rig I am using at this time to make this post, and all has worked perfectly fine no issues at...
  9. Touchscreen acts as mouse

Touchscreen acts as mouse: I bought an LG 17mb15t-b touchscreen monitor. I have a pc running Windows 10 (Version 1607 OS build 14393.479). The touchscreen has a VGA connector and a USB connector. Windows detects the monitor in Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers as 1 normal Display...
  10. Windows Key acting like a universal Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Key acting like a universal Help: Until today, when I pressed the Windows key and number (e.g Win+3) it opens the nth item in the task bar. I've used that feature of Windows since 2009, when I switched to Windows 7, I don't think it was in XP. Now it always opens this page in Firefox ==>> get help in...