Windows 10: Change Pen Shortcut Button Settings in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Pen Shortcut Button Settings in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Pen Shortcut Button Settings in Windows 10 How to Change Pen Shortcut Button Settings in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 device has a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Pen Shortcut Button Settings in Windows 10

How to: Change Pen Shortcut Button Settings in Windows 10

How to Change Pen Shortcut Button Settings in Windows 10

If your Windows 10 device has a pen or another type of stylus, you can customize what your pen does and how it works with your PC.

If your pen has a shortcut button, you can choose what to do when you click once, double-click, and press and hold the button.

*note You might need to pair your pen via Bluetooth first.

Starting with Screen Snipping as an option for Click once.

This tutorial will show you how to choose what to do when you click once, double-click, and press and hold the pen shortcut button for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Pen shortcut button

Change Pen Shortcut Button Settings in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2. Do step 3 (click once), step 4 (doubel-click), step 5 (press and hold), and/or step 6 (app override) below for which shortcuts you want to change.

3. To Choose "Click once" shortcut button behavior for Pen
    A) Click/tap on Pen & Windows Ink on the left side, and select the behavior you want in the drop menu for Click once. (see screenshots below)
    • Nothing
    • Screen Snipping
    • Windows in Workspace
      • Home
      • Sketchpad
      • Sticky Notes
      • Screen sketch
      • Check (on) or uncheck (off) "When your device is locked click once can open your Windows Ink Workspace notes"
    • OneNote
    • Launch a classic app
      • Browse and select desktop app
    • Launch a universal app (Windows app)
      • Select an app

4. To Choose "Double-click" shortcut button behavior for Pen
    A) Click/tap on Pen & Windows Ink on the left side, and select the behavior you want in the drop menu for Double-click. (see screenshots below)
    • Nothing
    • Windows in Workspace
      • Home
      • Sketchpad
      • Sticky Notes
      • Screen sketch
    • Send screenshot to OneNote
    • Launch a classic app
      • Select an app

5. To Choose "Press and hold" shortcut button behavior for Pen
    A) Click/tap on Pen & Windows Ink on the left side, and select the behavior you want in the drop menu for Press and hold. (see screenshots below)
    • Nothing
    • Windows in Workspace
      • Home
      • Sketchpad
      • Sticky Notes
      • Screen sketch
    • Cortana
    • Launch a classic app
      • Select an app

6. To Turn On or Off "Allow apps to override the shortcut button behavior"
    *note This option is only supported on some pens.
    A) Click/tap on Pen & Windows Ink on the left side, and check (on) or uncheck (off) Allow apps to override the shortcut button behavior for what you want.

7. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 12, 2017
  2. founta Win User

How to change pen shortcuts?

Hello there,

I've recently purchased the Wacom Bamboo Ink pen for use with my Acer Spin 5. I've successfully paired the pen with the computer and can use the default shortcuts assigned to the top button of the pen (open windows ink workspace, start sketchpad, and start
    the sticky notes application). I have little use for these applications and desire to change these shortcuts.

As per the following link, I've tried opening the Pen settings menu, but there is no option for changing the pen shortcuts as suggested by the following linked page.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/27909/windows-10-change-pen-settings

Here is a couple screenshots of that settings menu for clarity.

Change Pen Shortcut Button Settings in Windows 10 a6782926-8b7d-4719-a4a3-8bd6f5be8388?upload=true.png

Change Pen Shortcut Button Settings in Windows 10 49df511e-3b64-428f-9b0d-b372ccb3a591?upload=true.png

How do I go about changing my pen shortcuts?

founta, Oct 27, 2019
  3. pineago Win User
    Pen Shortcuts cannot be changed

I changed the one-click pen shortcut to trigger OneNote, but it still opens the default Sketchpad app. I tried updating drivers, updating Windows, and posted on the Feedback Hub, but the pen shortcuts are still the default ones. What should I do?

Sometimes, clicking the button doesn't open any app. The busy cursor appears and then nothing happens.

I'm using the Lenovo Yoga 720 with Bamboo Ink.

I believe the issue might be related to Windows because after doing a system reset/reinstall, I was able to set my own apps for the pen shortcuts. However, once I got a Bamboo Ink pen replacement, this issue happened again. I probably could reinstall Windows
    again to resolve the issue, but I don't want to.

Update:

I noticed an update was done for the Wacom app, which allows you to choose whether Windows or Wacom should set the Pen shortcut.

However, now, no matter what I do, none of the pen shortcuts open anything anymore. Please help! ;( Any support or advice will be appreciated.

pineago, Oct 27, 2019
  4. TodW Win User

Shortcuts for Pen - Handwriting input? Can you bring it back?

back in the day with Windows XP and a Slate computer there were a number of shortcut when using the pen (stylus) to write. other than strikeout, non of these seem to work anymore. For example a stroke left in the input area (Writing line) would delete the
    previous character. Also, a stroke to the write would be like pressing spacebar. ALso, the input area had both a delete button and a backspace button. lastly, entering words could be corrected more easily...

Are their any shortcuts in Windows 10 using the pen that i don't know about? The navigation...ones in the control panel under "pen and Touch" are not the type of shortcuts i am seeking.

thanks,

Tod

While this is not directly and "accessiblity & ease of access" topic i could not find a batter topic to list this under.

5. Finners Win User
    [Solved] Windows 10 and the shutdown button

Asrock the settings to change fast start up are not in the drop down menus,

On the power options>change what buttons do page.

Click the change settings currently not available at the top of the screen

Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

Finners, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Pen Shortcut Button Settings in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Pen Shortcut

2. Why is my "Choose what your shortcut button does" setting option for my Samsung S Pen gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my "Choose what your shortcut button does" setting option for my Samsung S Pen gone?: The "Choose what your shortcut button does" is simply not there, not available, and not in the settings anywhere, but I know it should be. There is no option under "Pen & Windows Ink" to edit what the shortcut button does like there should be.When you select "Tips about pen"...
  3. Why is my "Choose what your shortcut button does" setting option for my Samsung S Pen gone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my "Choose what your shortcut button does" setting option for my Samsung S Pen gone?: The "Choose what your shortcut button does" is simply not there, not available, and not in the settings anywhere, but I know it should be. There is no option under "Pen & Windows Ink" to edit what the shortcut button does like there should be.When you select "Tips about pen"...
  4. whiteboard can't be open by pen shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whiteboard can't be open by pen shortcut: my pen work normally with other app, just can't open the whitebboard shortcut. I have uninstall then install again. it always say need other app to open whiteboard...
  5. whiteboard can't be open by pen shortcut

whiteboard can't be open by pen shortcut: my pen work normally with other app, just can't open the whitebboard shortcut. I have uninstall then install again. it always say need other app to open whiteboard...
  6. Where are the Pen settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are the Pen settings?: Hi, I just purchased an HP Tilt Pen to use with my HP ENVY 17-ce1xxx laptop. While the pen has paired with the laptop successfully the buttons work and the driver is installed, I can't seem to use the pen to draw or even tap on the touchscreen, and in part, I think that's...
  7. Where are the Pen settings?

Where are the Pen settings?: Hi, I just purchased an HP Tilt Pen to use with my HP ENVY 17-ce1xxx laptop. While the pen has paired with the laptop successfully the buttons work and the driver is installed, I can't seem to use the pen to draw or even tap on the touchscreen, and in part, I think that's...
  8. Windows 10 Pen Keyboard Shortcuts Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pen Keyboard Shortcuts Help: Randomly whenever I am playing games, the pen keyboard shortcuts pop up, such as when I hold W, it opens up the pen settings / snip n sketch. I don't even own a pen, so I do not know why these shortcuts are opening randomly. Then whenever I open the feedback menu, they go...
  9. Windows 10 Button change!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Button change!: [ATTACH] I search for a Theme where i can change for all Programms (inkluding Chrome...) the 3 Buttons on the top right corner. The minimize button, the Large button and the Close Button. they should be 3 dots like in macos but not left. so where do i find a theme like...
  10. Setting a pen on win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Setting a pen on win10: Hello forum, I am trying to set a pen stylus with my windows10. Under control panel>hardware and sound>pen and touch>I dont have the option to "change tablet pen setting". Does it mean that my computer is unable to use pen (hardware issue) or does it mean that I need...