Windows 10: Create Elevated Command Prompt Shortcut in Windows 10

Discus and support Create Elevated Command Prompt Shortcut in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create Elevated Command Prompt Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information A command prompt is an entry point for typing computer commands in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Create Elevated Command Prompt Shortcut in Windows 10

How to: Create Elevated Command Prompt Shortcut in Windows 10

Create Elevated Command Prompt Shortcut in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information A command prompt is an entry point for typing computer commands in the Command Prompt window. By typing commands in an elevated command prompt, you can perform tasks that require administrator rights on your computer without using the Windows graphical interface.

This tutorial will show you how to create an elevated command prompt shortcut in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to use this shortcut.

EXAMPLE: Elevated command prompt

Here's How:

1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.

2. Enter either command below into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow %ComSpec% /k

OR

*Arrow %windir%\System32\cmd.exe /k

3. Enter a name (ex: "Elevated Command Prompt") you want for the shortcut, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)

4. Right click or press and hold on the new shortcut, and click/tap on Properties.

5. Click/tap on the Shortcut tab, then click/tap on the Advanced button. (see screenshot below)

6. Check the Run as administrator box, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

7. Click/tap on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)

8. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow %SystemRoot%\System32\imageres.dll

9. Select the icon highlighted in blue above, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot above)
    NOTE: You could use any icon that you would like instead though.

10. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below step 7)

11. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 13, 2017

2. Elevated Command Prompt

Hi Tommy,

A command prompt is an entry point for typing computer commands in the Command Prompt window. By typing commands in an elevated command prompt, you can perform tasks that require administrator rights on your computer without using the Windows graphical interface.
    You may open an elevated Command Prompt by following the steps below.

1. Open the Start menu, and type cmd to open the search box.

2. When Command Prompt shows up in the search results, right click or press and hold on it, then click/tap on
    Run as administrator.

Feel free to post your query should you need assistance.

Vanessa Oca, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Barefoot Win User
    Create Elevated Shortcut without UAC prompt in Windows 10  

Sorry about your dead motherboard!

Barefoot, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

I didn't see on your list using Win-X to bring up the basic setup of system tools like the original control panel, easy access to device manager, etc. not technically a list of commands, but at least a shortcut *Smile Create Elevated Command Prompt Shortcut in Windows 10 :)

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Tommy7GV Win User
    Tommy7GV, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Create Elevated Command Prompt Shortcut in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create Elevated Command

2. Command Prompt Shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command Prompt Shortcut: Why don't we have a direct shortcut to open the command prompt cmd in windows ?The closest way i find opening cmd is using Win + R to open the run window and then typing "cmd" to open the cmd window, or by pressing Win Key then searching for cmd and opening an admin cmd...
  3. elevated admin command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    elevated admin command prompt: where is the dictionary and/or the appendix for the language to use in the elevated admin command prompt??? I would prefer to simply ask my friends in redmond at the garage to imput the needed code/txt so that my thumbs dont go numb...lolol...
  4. Unable to change -Command Prompt - To :- Elevated Command Prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to change -Command Prompt - To :- Elevated Command Prompt: Having problem installing updates windows 10 64bit - version 2004 -- need to access command prompt as an Administrator to try to fix. Any ideas ?...
  5. Access Denied in elevated command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access Denied in elevated command prompt: Hello everybody, I'm trying to run a simple command in an elevated Command Prompt that acts on a folder that resides on a secondary HDD. That drive and the entirety of its contents have my only machine's user account also the administrator set as the owner, as does...
  6. Run vs. Command Prompt vs Elevated command prompt?

in Windows 10 Support
    Run vs. Command Prompt vs Elevated command prompt?: Is there a rule of thumb to know which of the referenced you would use when entering a particular command or file name? Mark 112722
  7. Can’t Open Elevated Command Prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can’t Open Elevated Command Prompt: Hello I just installed WIN 10 on an old laptop (if one can call a lenovo W700 a laptop), used a win7 product key and the authentication was accepted had to create a microsoft account, refuse to give them all kind of info... arghhh I am now trying to put in the LENOVO...
  8. Windows 10 Command Prompt Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Command Prompt Shortcuts: I execute the following shortcut from the command prompt in Windows 10: explorer.exe shell:appsFolder\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App and it works fine. The new Windows Photos app main page shows up, ready to be used. I want to pass a file name as an...
  9. Create Elevated Shortcut without UAC prompt in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Elevated Shortcut without UAC prompt in Windows 10: How to: Create Elevated Shortcut without UAC prompt in Windows 10 How to Create Elevated App Shortcut without UAC Prompt in Windows 10 When you open an application file with UAC prompt for approval before the app is allowed to run with elevated rights. In addition,...
  10. Open Elevated Command Prompt in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Elevated Command Prompt in Windows 10: How to: Open Elevated Command Prompt in Windows 10 [img] Information A command prompt is an entry point for typing computer commands in the Command Prompt window. By typing commands in an elevated command prompt, you can perform tasks that require administrator rights on...