Windows 10: Turn On or Off Wrap Text Output on Resize of Console Window in Windows

Discus and support Turn On or Off Wrap Text Output on Resize of Console Window in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Wrap Text Output on Resize of Console Window in Windows How to Turn On or Off Wrap Text Output on Resize of Console Window in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Wrap Text Output on Resize of Console Window in Windows

How to: Turn On or Off Wrap Text Output on Resize of Console Window in Windows

How to Turn On or Off Wrap Text Output on Resize of Console Window in Windows

A console (or "terminal) is an application that provides I/O to character-mode applications.

For example: Linux

When you resize a console window window in Windows, the text in the console window will wrap to fit the width by default.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off automatically wrap text when resizing a console window (ex: command prompt, PowerShell, Linux) for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

*note If you turn on or off automatically wrapping text when resizing a console window, it will only be applied to the specific console window shortcut that opened it.

For example, command prompt opened via Win+X menu VS Run (Win+R) dialog. Each location would have its own settings.

If you set to use legacy console, then the Wrap text output on resize feature and setting will be disabled and grayed out.

EXAMPLE: Wrap text output on resize of command prompt turned On and Off

Turn On or Off Wrap Text Output on Resize of Console Window in Windows [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open a Linux console window you want using the shortcut or location you want to turn on or off wrapping text for.

*note You could also just directly right click on the console window shortcut or file, click/tap on Properties, and go to step 3 below.

2. Right click or press and hold on the title bar of the console window, and click/tap on Properties. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the Layout tab, check (on - default) or uncheck (off) the Wrap text output on resize box under Screen Buffer Size for what you want, and click/tap on OK to apply. (see screenshot below)

4. When finished, you can close the console window if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 15, 2018
  2. DarkUltra Win User

Text wrap in Internet Explorer

If you want to suggest webmasters fix their code, then be my guest! :-D

(MOD EDIT: Removed links)

DarkUltra, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Khodi Win User
    Lack of word wrap when resizing email ...

When resizing an email ( pinch to zoom ) - it does not perform a word wrap - it forces me to scroll off the screen to read text. Is this a feature or is it only my phone or is there a setting I am missing somewhere or a rediculously overlooked issue?

Khodi, Oct 26, 2019
  4. DarkUltra Win User

Hi!

When I view some websites with this phone the paragraphs are really wide. This makes the text very small and uncomfortable to read, even in landscape mode. This was not the case with my old iPhone.

You can test this by viewing articles on the following sites:

Home - The Tech Report

AnandTech: Hardware News and Tech Reviews Since 1997

It would be nice if IE automatically wrapped the text or adjusted its size, or some other workaround.

Here is a related link where other users can vote:

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...an-wrap-text-to-fit-screem-when-zoom-like-and

DarkUltra, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Entegy Win User

Text wrap is something the website has to support as well to work in conjunction with the browser. As an example of a website that supports text wrap, look at Wikipedia. AnandTech and TechReport could do with supporting text wrap as well.

Entegy, Oct 26, 2019
  6. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Wrap Text Output on Resize of Console Window in Windows - Similar Threads - Turn Off Wrap

2. Turn 'Word Wrap' off default in Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn 'Word Wrap' off default in Notepad: My PC has recently updated, and with it a new version of Notepad has shown up this is the first time I've seen tabs in a notepad.Frustratingly, Word Wrap is now ticked on by default whenever a notepad is opened. I don't want it on, ever. I have no idea how to set it so that...
  3. Turn 'Word Wrap' off default in Notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn 'Word Wrap' off default in Notepad: My PC has recently updated, and with it a new version of Notepad has shown up this is the first time I've seen tabs in a notepad.Frustratingly, Word Wrap is now ticked on by default whenever a notepad is opened. I don't want it on, ever. I have no idea how to set it so that...
  4. Cant disable word wrap in windows 11 latest console

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant disable word wrap in windows 11 latest console: have been working on my C++ library to enchant visualization on console but after the windows 11 console update, I can't disable word wrap in console. I tried many settings of console but none work. Anyone know the process or C++ code to do so. I am using MSVS 2022.Sample...
  5. Cant disable word wrap in windows 11 latest console

Cant disable word wrap in windows 11 latest console: have been working on my C++ library to enchant visualization on console but after the windows 11 console update, I can't disable word wrap in console. I tried many settings of console but none work. Anyone know the process or C++ code to do so. I am using MSVS 2022.Sample...
  6. Text Wrap around image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text Wrap around image: G'day,When I use Word, if I add an image, I can use Text Wrap to type on the right of the image. Is there a way of doing that with my Windows Mail?Happy New YearMalcolm...
  7. Text Wrap around image

Text Wrap around image: G'day,When I use Word, if I add an image, I can use Text Wrap to type on the right of the image. Is there a way of doing that with my Windows Mail?Happy New YearMalcolm...
  8. Text Wrap around image

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Turn off image resizing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turn off image resizing: Several times I've needed to e-mail an image file on my computer. In previous versions of Windows, I could just right-click on the file and hit "Send to->Mail Recipient" and a new e-mail in Thunderbird would open up with the file attached. Now however I get a dialog box...
  10. Enable or Disable Line Wrapping Selection in Console in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Line Wrapping Selection in Console in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Line Wrapping Selection in Console in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Line Wrapping Selection in Console Window in Windows 10 A console (or "terminal) is an application that provides I/O to character-mode applications. For example: Linux...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. Turn On or Off Wrap Text Output on Resize of Console using powershell

3. cmd disable wrap text on resize

4. powershell console wraps on laptop screen