Windows 10: Remove User Account Picture on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

Discus and support Remove User Account Picture on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Remove User Account Picture on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 How to Remove User Account Picture on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 A user's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Remove User Account Picture on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

How to: Remove User Account Picture on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

How to Remove User Account Picture on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

A user's sign-in screen by default in Windows 10.

This tutorial will show you how to remove the user account picture on the sign-in screen for all users in Windows 10.

*note You must be signed in as an administrator to remove the user account picture on the sign-in screen.

*Warning If you run a sfc /scannow command, it will restore the original User-192.png system file undoing the removal of the user account picture on the sign-in screen.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Remove User Account Picture on Sign-in Screen
    • Option Two: To Undo Remove User Account Picture on Sign-in Screen

EXAMPLE: Add and remove user account picture on sign-in screen

Remove User Account Picture on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Remove User Account Picture on Sign-in Screen
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the Transparent_User-192.zip file.
    Download
    2. Save the Transparent_User-192.zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the Transparent_User-192.zip file.

4. Open the ZIP file, and extract (drag and drop) the transparent User-192.png file to your desktop.

5. Open File Explorer (Win+E).

6. Copy and paste the location below into the address bar of File Explorer, and press Enter.
    *Arrow %ProgramData%\Microsoft\User Account Pictures
    7. In the User Account Pictures folder, file name extension, and click/tap on Yes to approve when prompted. (see screenshots below)

*note user-192.bak will serve as the backup of the original user-192.png file.

8. Copy or Move the transparent User-192.png file from step 4 into the User Account Pictures folder. (see screenshot below)

9. You can now close File Explorer if you like.

10. Enable apply default account picture to all users (click on link) to apply.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Undo Remove User Account Picture on Sign-in Screen
    *note This is the default setting.
    1. Open File Explorer (Win+E).

2. Copy and paste the location below into the address bar of File Explorer, and press Enter.
    *Arrow %ProgramData%\Microsoft\User Account Pictures
    3. In the User Account Pictures folder, delete the transparent User-192.png file with a black square. (see screenshot below)

4. In the User Account Pictures folder, file name extension, and click/tap on Yes to approve when prompted. (see screenshots below)

5. You can now close File Explorer if you like.

6. Disable (not configured) apply default account picture to all users (click on link) to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 30, 2018

2. Remove user account picture on lock-screen.

I recently updated to Version 1903 and the usual tactics to get rid of the user account picture or default logo on the lock-screen are not working.

This is what I want to remove to the left of the red arrow:

I used the methods successfully outlined in this thread before; but now Microsoft has somehow devised a way to hide where the logo picture is located on the system ---------- here is that thread I am talking about:

Remove User Account Picture

I have even deleted the accounts SID folder that was empty anyhow, and it still didn't make a difference as outlined here:

How to Change or Remove User Account Picture in Windows 10 / 8 | Password Recovery

Anyone know where to look for additional .png images to delete so the logo disappears from the lock-screen?

EyeInTheSky, Oct 27, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

sign in picture

Hi Kenneth,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to change your profile picture on sign-in screen in Windows 10:

• Press the Windows key, then click your account at the top of
      Start menu.
    • Click Change account settings.
    • Under your account name, you will see a circle then click the Browse button to choose a photo you want to set as profile picture.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Explorer9 Win User
    force default user account to always be selected on sign-in screen

A PC has Windows 10 (version 1703, build 15063.726) installed on it. A person named Robert has a user account on it, named Robert. A person named Jennifer has a user account on it, named Jennifer. The user accounts Robert and Jennifer are "Standard" type accounts. There is a third user account, named Adm, and it's type is "Administrator".

The PC specs are: laptop, brand Asus, model X550CA, cpu Intel Celeron 1007U 1.50GHz, 8 GB RAM DDR3, 500 GB HDD 5200 RPM, 120 GB SSD.

Windows 10 default behavior, case 1 - the Robert and Jennifer user accounts are both password protected

1. Jennifer turns PC on.
    2. At the sign-in screen, the password field for the account Robert is shown.
    3. At the sign-in screen, Jennifer clicks on the account Jennifer in the lower left part of the sign-in screen, then types her password and presses Enter.
    4. Jennifer clicks on the "Start" button on the taskbar, clicks on the "Power" button, then clicks "Shut down".
    5. Robert turns PC on.
    6. At the sign-in screen, the password field for the account Jennifer is shown.
    7. Robert clicks on the account Robert in the lower left part of the sign-in screen, then types his password and presses Enter.

Windows 10 default behavior, case 2 - the Robert user account is password protected, the Jennifer user account is not password protected

1. Jennifer turns PC on.
    2. At the sign-in screen, the password field for the account Robert is shown.
    3. At the sign-in screen, Jennifer clicks on the account Jennifer in the lower left part of the sign-in screen, then clicks on the "Sign-in" button.
    4. Jennifer clicks on the "Start" button on the taskbar, clicks on the "Power" button, then clicks on "Shut down".
    5. Robert turns PC on.
    6. Windows 10 signs in automatically into the Jennifer user account.
    7. Robert clicks on the "Start" button, clicks on the "Jennifer" button, then clicks on "Sign out".
    8. At the sign-in screen, the button "Sign in" for the user account Jennifer is shown.
    9. Robert clicks on the account Robert in the lower left part of the sign-in screen, then types his password and presses Enter.

Question 1

Is it possible for Robert to change Windows 10's default behavior, to the behavior described below?

1. Robert or Jennifer turns on the PC.
    2. At the sign-in screen, the password field for the Robert user account is shown, even if Jennifer was the last person to sign-in and then click on "Shut down" from the "Start" menu.

Question 2

If the answer to question 1 is yes, then what settings does Robert have to make, in order to get the behavior described at question 1?

Changing "dontdisplaylastusername" is not the solution

By changing the "dontdisplaylastusername" registry DWORD from 0 to 1, Robert doesn't get the behavior described at question 1. After setting "dontdisplaylastusername" to 1, Robert has to type both his user account name, and his password, at the sign-in screen. Robert wants to type only his password, at the sign-in screen, and nothing else.

Why does Robert want to change the default behavior

The reasons Robert would like to change to the behavior described at question 1:
    • he is the owner of the PC;
    • he uses his PC frequently, Jennifer uses his PC rarely, therefore it makes sense that Robert should have one less click to do in order to sign in;
    • he doesn't want to click on something in order to get at his password field, he wants to press the power button on the PC and then type his password (doesn't want unnecessary intermediate steps between pressing the power button and typing his password).

Explorer9, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Remove User Account Picture on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remove User Account

2. OneDrive Documents and Pictures not removed after removal of Windows User account on...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    OneDrive Documents and Pictures not removed after removal of Windows User account on...: I have removed my MS/OneDrive account from a 4 year old Dell laptop, and am using a Local Administrator Account to access the computer. However, in File Explorer I still can see my OneDrive Documents and Pictures. I thought removing a MS account also removes all associated...
  3. How to remove default Windows 10 Sign in User Account picture

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove default Windows 10 Sign in User Account picture: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When the computer boots, and you get to the login screen, The user image with name is displayed. The image is one you have uploaded in User account picture or the profile picture connected with your Microsoft account. In this [...] This post How to remove...
  4. Remove user account picture on lock-screen.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove user account picture on lock-screen.: I recently updated to Version 1903 and the usual tactics to get rid of the user account picture or default logo on the lock-screen are not working. This is what I want to remove to the left of the red arrow: [img] I used the methods successfully outlined in this thread...
  5. Remove User Account Picture Followup Question

Remove User Account Picture Followup Question: There seems to be very little activity in the Customization forum so I am posting here hoping not to get admonished : ) I tried this method outlined here last year with out any success (1703) though that was before @Ten Forward 's comments. Has anyone tried this lately...
  6. Remove User Account Picture Followup Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove User Account Picture Followup Question: There seems to be very little activity in the Customization forum so I am posting here hoping not to get admonished : ) I tried this method outlined here last year with out any success (1703) though that was before @Ten Forward 's comments. Has anyone tried this lately...
  7. Remove User Account Picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove User Account Picture: Pardon me if this is answered already. Bros i just installed Windows 10 Pro Creators Update Version 1703 Build 15063.0. I want to remove user account picture on login screen. I tried some tutorials but nothing is working for me. I don't remember how i did it in...
  8. Remove User Account Picture "Placeholder" in Windows 10 1709

Remove User Account Picture "Placeholder" in Windows 10 1709: Just to be clear I do not want to remove or change or substitute a picture. I don't have one there. I want to remove entirely the generic "picture" or placeholder where your picture goes.This is what I see when I log in above my name: Imgur I want it to look like the...
  9. How To Remove User Account Picture in Windows 10

How To Remove User Account Picture in Windows 10: So I have no problem with my name showing when I need to log in with my password but the User Account Picture "icon" (see attached pic) messes up the custom background picture I am using and I want to get rid of it. A Google search came up with lots of info but the first...
  10. User account picture not showing at the welcome screen on windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    User account picture not showing at the welcome screen on windows 10: My personal account picture shows up when I sign in/out but not at windows startup welcome screen. FYI, I'm using netplwiz to enable auto-log in. I don't want to reset my Windows 10. 14831