Windows 10: Enable or Disable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by EdTittel, Jun 7, 2018.

1. EdTittel Win User

Enable or Disable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely in Windows 10

You can turn your Windows 10 PC into a mobile hotspot by sharing your Internet connection with other devices over Wi-Fi. You can share a Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or cellular data connection.

When you turn off mobile hotspot, you can turn on or off to allow another device to turn on mobile hotspot remotely on your device when it connects to the mobile hotspot.

*note Both devices must have Bluetooth turned on and be paired to turn on mobile hotspot remotely.

This tutorial will show you hoe to enable or disable allowing another device to turn on mobile hotspot remotely on your Windows 10 PC.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely in Settings
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Network & Internet icon.

2. Click/tap on Mobile hotspot on the left side. (see screenshot below step 4)

3. While you have Share my Internet connection with other devices (mobile hotspot) turned off, turn on (default) or off Turn on remotely for what you want on the right side.

*note The Turn on remotely setting is not shown when mobile hotspot is turned on.

4. You can now close Settings if you like.

Enable or Disable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely using a REG file

*note You must be signed in as an administrator to do this option.

The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WcmSvc\Tethering

RemoteStartupDisabled DWORD

0 = Enable (on)
    1 = Disable (off)

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_remotely_turn_on_mobile_hotspot.reg

Download

3. To Disable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_remotely_turn_on_mobile_hotspot.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

EdTittel, Jun 7, 2018

2. Turned Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot "ON" but not visible on devices..

have you followed all the steps? U might have missed something. Check out instructions mentioned here Windows 10 Tip: Set Up a Mobile Hotspot - Thurrott.com

lorraine walsh, Oct 27, 2019
  3. franco d'esaro, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Enable or Disable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely in Windows 10

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 27, 2019
  5. mobile hotspot enabling

Q: Hello everyone, i have a problem with creating a hotspot on windows 10. Every time i try to turn it on it says "We can't set up mobile hotspot."

My original problem was to allow internet usage via the mobile hotspot , but it wouldn't.

I managed to somehow set a 'Disable' switch which turned off the ability to switch on the Mobile hotspot.

I cannot get back to that setting to enable it again.

Help??

roygascoigne, Oct 27, 2019
  6. borhan48 Win User
    Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10

Why should I turn on mobile hotspot on phone instead of turning on wifi? Moreover I can't turn on hotspot on mobile if cellular data is not turned on.

borhan48, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Enable or Disable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely in Windows 10

1. Enable or Disable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Turn

2. How to remotely turn on mobile hotspot on Windows11 via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remotely turn on mobile hotspot on Windows11 via bluetooth: All the help on this topic seems to say in order to enable remote activation of Windows 11 mobile hotspot via a bluetooth device we need to enable the "Turn on Remotely" switch. I am running Windows 11, and I do not see such a switch on the mobile hotspot page. I am able to...
  3. How to remotely turn on mobile hotspot on Windows11 via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remotely turn on mobile hotspot on Windows11 via bluetooth: All the help on this topic seems to say in order to enable remote activation of Windows 11 mobile hotspot via a bluetooth device we need to enable the "Turn on Remotely" switch. I am running Windows 11, and I do not see such a switch on the mobile hotspot page. I am able to...
  4. hotspot mobile disable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hotspot mobile disable: Notif : The selected network band isn't available. Select a different band and try again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotspot-mobile-disable/5ffad920-8987-4966-b984-7ab488b4fe18
  5. hotspot mobile disable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hotspot mobile disable: Notif : The selected network band isn't available. Select a different band and try again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotspot-mobile-disable/5ffad920-8987-4966-b984-7ab488b4fe18
  6. Disabled mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disabled mobile hotspot: I accidentally disabled mobile hotspot in my adapter options and it’s disappeared. Now it won’t allow me to turn hot spot back on. How do I get it back?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabled-mobile-hotspot/b9ac00f5-0da1-4838-b329-6518a78e7009
  7. How to turn on or off Mobile Hotspot remotely in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn on or off Mobile Hotspot remotely in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has added support in Windows 10 for turning Mobile Hotspot remotely on and off. Though the Mobile Hotspot feature (earlier known as Virtual Networks) was introduced with the initial release of Windows 10 this feature was added recently. With [...]...
  8. Cannot enable mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot enable mobile hotspot: So I've always used my mobile hotspot but now today there isn't a button for it in the bottom right menu. It's only an airplane mode option(which is not on) So when I go into 'mobile hotspot settings' I try to enable the share my internet connection with other devices but it...
  9. Enable or Disable Automatically Turn Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Automatically Turn Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Automatically Turn Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 Enable or Disable Automatically Turn Off Mobile Hotspot when No Devices Connected in Windows 10 You can turn your Windows 10 PC into a mobile hotspot by sharing your Internet connection with...
  10. Enable or Disable Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 By default, any user can turn your Windows 10 PC into a mobile hotspot by sharing the Internet connection with other devices over Wi-Fi. Users can share a Wi-Fi,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Enable or Disable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely using a REG file

2. enable or disable hotspot w10