Windows 10: Enable or Disable Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10 The Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10

The Windows Mobility Center (mblctr.exe) provides quick access to the most commonly used settings for mobile devices, such as brightness, volume, battery status, screen orientation, external display, Sync Center settings, and presentation settings.

By default, the Windows Mobility Center is only available on a Windows PC (ex: laptop or tablet) with a battery. The Windows Mobility Center is not available on a desktop PC by default unless enabled or the PC is connected to a UPS.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the Windows Mobility Center for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable Windows Mobility Center.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Enable or Disable Windows Mobility Center in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: To Enable or Disable Windows Mobility Center using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Windows Mobility Center

Enable or Disable Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Enable or Disable Windows Mobility Center in Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option TWO below.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. Navigate to the folder below in the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Mobility Center

3. In the right pane of Windows Mobility Center in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Turn off Windows Mobility Center policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Windows Mobility Center
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured[/B] is the default setting.

6. To Disable Windows Mobility Center
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Enable or Disable Windows Mobility Center using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry keys below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\MobilityCenter

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\MobilityCenter

NoMobilityCenter DWORD

<delete> = Enable
    1 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Windows Mobility Center
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Windows_Mobility_Center.reg

Download

3. To Disable Windows Mobility Center
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Windows_Mobility_Center.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 25, 2017
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Oct 26, 2019
  3. lorraine walsh, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Enable or Disable Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10

windows security center disabled...

windows security center disabled????????

i just installed windows defender on my computer (freshly formated new hard drive about 2 weeks ago) and it would not update because the security center was not running. so i went to msconfig and it was not in the services list so i went to services.msc and it was disabled. so i changed it to automatic and started it. after rebooting it was still running, so i restarted it again and it was disabled again, so i renabled it again. and when i went to the security center in control pannel it looked like this

Enable or Disable Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10 Untitled-1-3.jpg

i had to enable the windows firewall too. but it says that automatic updates are turned off, so i went to change it and it said that it was on...???...???? i did the fast format this time cause i didnt want to wait for 500gb to format *Big Grin Enable or Disable Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10 :D and i have noticed a few other quirks mainly my audigy 4 pro software acting funny time to time. do you think that i have a virus or something of that nature? i will put AVG on here tomorrow and maybe adaware. i have never had a virus so i didnt see any need for anti virus and or spyware programs eating up resources. but i am puzzled as to why my services are automatically shutting down...

acousticlemur, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Mobile Device Center can not run on Windows 10 OS

Hi Zhiyong,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you issues with
    Mobile Device Center on Windows 10.

I suggest you to install the Mobile device center in the compatibility mode and check if it helps. Follow the below steps.

• Right-click on the setup file of the Mobile device center and select Run as Administartor.

• Enter the Admin credentials if prompted.

If the issue still persists, then check the program compatibility. Follow the below steps.

• Right-click on the setup file of the Mobile device center and select
      Troubleshoot Compatibility.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to run the troubleshoot compatibility.
    I suggest you to refer the below thread and check if it help to resolve the issue.

Windows Mobile Device Center Compatibility with Windows 10

Windows Mobile Device Center Compatibility with Windows 10

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Enable or Disable Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10

1. Enable or Disable Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Mobility

2. How to Enable or Disable Notification Center in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Notification Center in Windows 11: [ATTACH]This post will show you how to disable the Notification Center in Windows 11. When you press Win+N, the Notification Center flies out from the bottom right corner to display notifications, calendar, etc. If you wish to turn it off, you can use the Registry or Group...
  3. How to enable Windows Mobility Center on Windows 10 desktop computer

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Windows Mobility Center on Windows 10 desktop computer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Windows Mobility Center is available on Windows 10 laptops and not on a desktop computer. If you want to use it on your desktop, then we will show you how you can enable and use the Windows Mobility Center [...] This post How to enable Windows Mobility...
  4. Windows Mobile Device Center in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mobile Device Center in Windows 10.: Hello, I have a problem concerning the variant of the problem that has already been mentioned in the forum, namely Windows Mobile Device Center in Windows 10. WMDC is going to work on my computer, I just have to run registry entries after every half-anual windows update....
  5. Windows Mobile Device Center in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Mobile Device Center in Windows 10.: Hello, I have a problem concerning the variant of the problem that has already been mentioned in the forum, namely Windows Mobile Device Center in Windows 10. WMDC is going to work on my computer, I just have to run registry entries after every half-anual windows update....
  6. Enable or Disable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely in Windows 10 You can turn your Windows 10 PC into a mobile hotspot by sharing your Internet connection with other devices over Wi-Fi. You...
  7. Open Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10: How to: Open Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10 How to Open Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10 The Windows Mobility Center (mblctr.exe) provides quick access to the most commonly used settings for mobile devices, such as brightness, volume, battery status, screen...
  8. Enable or Disable Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 By default, any user can turn your Windows 10 PC into a mobile hotspot by sharing the Internet connection with other devices over Wi-Fi. Users can share a Wi-Fi,...
  9. Enable Windows Mobility Center on a Desktop Windows PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable Windows Mobility Center on a Desktop Windows PC: How to: Enable Windows Mobility Center on a Desktop Windows PC How to Enable Windows Mobility Center on a Desktop Windows PC The Windows Mobility Center (mblctr.exe) provides quick access to the most commonly used settings for mobile devices, such as brightness, volume,...
  10. Enable or Disable Action Center in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Action Center in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Action Center in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable the Action Center in Windows 10 The Action Center in Windows 10 collects and shows toast notifications and alerts from traditional Windows applications and system notifications, alongside...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn off windows mobility center windows 10

2. turn off automatic show of windows mobility center