Windows 10: Enable Windows Mobility Center on a Desktop Windows PC

Discus and support Enable Windows Mobility Center on a Desktop Windows PC in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable Windows Mobility Center on a Desktop Windows PC How to Enable Windows Mobility Center on a Desktop Windows PC The Windows Mobility... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable Windows Mobility Center on a Desktop Windows PC

How to: Enable Windows Mobility Center on a Desktop Windows PC

How to Enable Windows Mobility Center on a Desktop Windows PC

The Windows Mobility Center (mblctr.exe) provides quick access to the most commonly used settings for mobile devices, such as brightness, volume, battery status, screen orientation, external display, Sync Center settings, and presentation settings.

By default, the Windows Mobility Center is only available on a Windows PC (ex: laptop or tablet) with a battery. The Windows Mobility Center is not available on a desktop PC by default unless enabled or the PC is connected to a UPS.

This tutorial will show you how to enable the Windows Mobility Center on a desktop PC for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Windows Mobility Center enabled or disabled on a desktop PC

Enable Windows Mobility Center on a Desktop Windows PC [​IMG]

Enable Windows Mobility Center on a Desktop Windows PC [​IMG]

Here's How:

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORDs in the registry keys below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MobilePC\AdaptableSettings

SkipBatteryCheck DWORD

<delete> = Disable
    1 = Enable

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MobilePC\MobilityCenter

RunOnDesktop DWORD

<delete> = Disable
    1 = Enable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Windows Mobility Center on a Desktop PC
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Windows_Mobiity_Center_on_desktop_PC.reg

Download

3. To Disable Windows Mobility Center on a Desktop PC
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Windows_Mobiity_Center_on_desktop_PC.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 21, 2017
  2. Law-II Win User

Windows Media Center Live TV Help

Hi

go here - Hauppauge | Page Not Found select "Windows Media Center install" tab

look at - Setting up your TV tuner in Windows 7 Media Center - select download (will open a pdf with screen by screen instructions)
    "Download
    Here is a screen by screen view of the setup of Windows Media Center. It was based on the WinTV-HVR-1600, but the setup with other WinTV-HVR products will be similar."

Follow the guide stage by stage

let the TPU community know at what "step" Media Center gets stuck at Example: step 1, step 2

nb: It may be to do with your zip code and or post code not being entered

In regard to your DVD Rom drive - go to -control panel/device manager/DVD/CD-ROM drives -make a note of the make and model number Example: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-215D ATA Device - highlight the device you have installed -press right mouse button-select properties-details-property and select Install Date from the drop down list and let us know this.

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Law-II, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Mobile Device Center can not run on Windows 10 OS

Hi Zhiyong,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you issues with
    Mobile Device Center on Windows 10.

I suggest you to install the Mobile device center in the compatibility mode and check if it helps. Follow the below steps.

• Right-click on the setup file of the Mobile device center and select Run as Administartor.

• Enter the Admin credentials if prompted.

If the issue still persists, then check the program compatibility. Follow the below steps.

• Right-click on the setup file of the Mobile device center and select
      Troubleshoot Compatibility.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to run the troubleshoot compatibility.
    I suggest you to refer the below thread and check if it help to resolve the issue.

Windows Mobile Device Center Compatibility with Windows 10

Windows Mobile Device Center Compatibility with Windows 10

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Windows Mobile Device Center on Desk Top

Since you already tried the compatibility settings and other troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you uninstall the newest update to isolate the issue. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the Search bar, type in Programs and Features and select the top most result.
    • On the left menu, select View installed updates.
    • Right click on the newest update and click Uninstall.

Monitor the Windows Mobile Device Center and see if there are any changes. If possible, try to reinstall the update and see if the Windows Mobile Device Center will still work.

Kindly get back to us with the results.

Xylee Del, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Flava0ne Win User
    Windows Media Center IR Remote on Windows Vista Ultimate

No, I havent purchased the Windows Media Center IR Remote yet. But the Remote comes with the IR Receiver at the place where I'm going to purchase it from.

So, I just want to confirm this, I can switch from my Cable TV to my PC Desktop with the Media Center IR Remote on Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit if my cable box is connected to my monitor via composite connector and my monitor to my PC via DVI-D connector?

Flava0ne, Oct 26, 2019
  6. newtekie1 Win User
    Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable Windows Mobility Center on a Desktop Windows PC - Similar Threads - Enable Mobility Center

2. Windows mobility center open with delay .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows mobility center open with delay .: Windows mobility center open with delay 10s on Windwos 10 LCTS build 17763.5122. Open via righ-bottom icon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mobility-center-open-with-delay/91ad377a-a4b0-42d1-8423-0484c8aab35a
  3. Windows mobility center open with delay .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows mobility center open with delay .: Windows mobility center open with delay 10s on Windwos 10 LCTS build 17763.5122. Open via righ-bottom icon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mobility-center-open-with-delay/91ad377a-a4b0-42d1-8423-0484c8aab35a
  4. Windows mobility center open with delay .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Mobile Device Center

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Mobile Device Center: Since upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, I cannot connect to my data collector that I use to conduct land surveys. I have read a lot of threads concerning this topic but can't seem to find an answer and all of the threads seem to be a couple of years old. Is there a patch or...
  6. Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center: Hello I'm trying to download Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center from microsoft, but it seems that the link is broken. can anyone help me please https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4f68eb56-7825-43b2-ac89-2030ed98ed95&displaylang=en...
  7. How to enable Windows Mobility Center on Windows 10 desktop computer

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Windows Mobility Center on Windows 10 desktop computer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Windows Mobility Center is available on Windows 10 laptops and not on a desktop computer. If you want to use it on your desktop, then we will show you how you can enable and use the Windows Mobility Center [...] This post How to enable Windows Mobility...
  8. enable Desktop emulation in Edge Mobile?

in Browsers and Email
    enable Desktop emulation in Edge Mobile?: It seems that MS have enabled desktop emulation in Win10 Mobiles - but neglected to tell anyone how the heck to flip the switch either way. Would some kind person please enlighten me? Phone is a Lumia 640 62260
  9. Windows mobile device center

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows mobile device center: Since i updated my Windows from 7 to 10 my PC is not recognizing my Hand Held anymore. Does anyone know any solution? Thank You 12527
  10. Enable or Disable Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10 The Windows Mobility Center (mblctr.exe) provides quick access to the most commonly used settings for mobile devices, such as brightness,...