Windows 10: Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows

Discus and support Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows How to Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by EdTittel, Apr 19, 2017.

1. EdTittel Win User

Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows

How to: Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows

How to Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows

When giving a presentation, you may want to turn on presentation mode.

While presentation mode is turned on, your computer stays awake, system notifications are turned off, and your presentation settings for screen saver, volume, and desktop background are applied. In addition, the presentation settings
    Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows [​IMG]
    . icon will show on the taskbar notification area to indicate it is currently turned on.

This tutorial will show you how to add a Presentation Settings desktop context menu for all users in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

The Presentation Settings context menu allows users to quickly open and change Presentation Settings, open turn on or off presentation mode on demand for their account.

*Warning While you must be signed in as an administrator to add or remove the context menu, all users will be able to use the context menu if added.

*note In Windows 7, Presentation Settings and presentation mode is only available in the Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions.

*note In Windows 8, Presentation Settings and presentation mode is only available in the RT, Pro, and Enterprise editions.

*note In Windows 10, Presentation Settings and presentation mode is only available in the Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

EXAMPLE: "Presentation Settings" desktop context menu

Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (add-right click), step 3 (add-Shift+right click) , or step 4 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add Right Click "Presentation Settings" to Desktop Context Menu
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Add_Presentation_Settings_to_desktop_context_menu.reg

Download

3. To Add Shift + Right Click "Presentation Settings" to Desktop Context Menu
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Add_Shift+_Presentation_Settings_to_desktop_context_menu.reg

Download

4. To Remove "Presentation Settings" from Desktop Context Menu
    *note This is the default setting.

Remove_Presentation_Settings_from_desktop_context_menu.reg

Download
    5. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

6. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

7. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

EdTittel, Apr 19, 2017

2. windows 10 desktop icon context menus

Hi Ramon,

In reply to your questions:

• Asus, not sure of model - 64 bit desktop system, Asus motherboard, Intel E5300 dual-core @ 2.6 GHz, 8 Gb RAM, 600 Gb disk (<80% full).
    • No error messages at all.
    • None of the desktop shortcuts (icons) launch their apps, including old original shortcuts and newer ones. (In other words, all icons' context menus misbehave the same way.)
    • No changes or custom mods... off-the-shelf prebuilt system, stock Windows install. Strictly used for home office functions - no gaming or external hardware hung off the PC.
    Some additional points:

• Note that the Win-X context menu also mostly not working - none of the utilities launch from the choices on the upper 75% of the menu, only system functions (Run, Shutdown, etc.) at the bottom.
    • Also note that context menus work normally elsewhere in the system: like inside File Explorer, and inside the Start Menu.
    • Not aware of any other issues anywhere in my system. Applications run promptly and at normal speed, no unusual hangs or error pop-ups. (BTW, Windows tablet mode is OFF - I checked.)
    • Windows 10 was an upgrade directly from Windows 7.
    • At that time everything worked, including all the desktop shortcut context menus and Win-X.
    • The context menus on the desktop stopped functioning after the Anniversary update... now shortcuts only launch on double-click from mouse.
    • All additional MS updates and patches since that time have successfully installed.
    Thanks for your help.

WarrenClearfield, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Necrofire Win User
    CCC Context menu

I was recently greeted to a new entry in my desktop context menu after installing 8.12 drivers with the Catalyst Control Center:

Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows ati2.png

I have no idea what the second entry does, since clicking it results in nothing happening.
    So I open up CCC and find this new section:

Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows ati1.png

It's completely disabled. I only have a single HD3850. The IGP on my mobo is nVidia, which is disabled anyway.

I spent the last hour or so finding a way to remove the second entry, and this is the only thing I could find:
    Deleting this key removes both entries from the context menu
    Code: KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE[/quote] This solved one problem and caused another. I do not like the tray icon, so I have it disabled, so the only way I know to get into CCC is via the context menu. Does anyone know of a way to disable just the "Configure Additive Graphics" entry and keep the CCC entry?

If I kept both disabled, is there some sort of shortcut I could make to get there instead? I don't want to have to go to Display->Settings->Advanced->CCC every time.
    EDIT: Just made a hotkey to get there. *Smile Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows :)

Necrofire, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows

windows 10 desktop icon context menus

(Windows 10 with Anniversary Update, patched up to date.) Following installation of Anniversary Update I have 2 context menu issues. When I right-click a desktop shortcut the context menu appears but Open, Run As Administrator, and Pin to Start don't work
    - e.g., the app won't launch and it won't pin to the Start Menu (but it will pin to Taskbar). On the other hand, Cut, Copy, Delete, and Properties do work. It doesn't matter which shortcut I try, and this all worked before the upgrade. Also the Win-X menu
    pops open, but none of those choices work either except the 4 bottom ones - Desktop, Shutdown, Run, and Search. Again, if the choice is to run a program, there may be a momentary spinner, but nothing starts up. The shortcuts only launch if I double-click,
    and the context menus seem to work from inside the Start list (including creating a tile and pinning to the Start Menu from there.

I've tried different Google searches, but none of the hits quite describe my issues. One of the postings that came close suggested running a utility called ShellExView. I disabled all 7 suspect non-MS context menus it identified, but that made no difference.
    So, can anybody help?

WarrenClearfield, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows :(

ArmoredCavalry, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Jelu Cal Win User
    Context menu problem

Hi,

Your concern with the context menu can be due to the configuration of your device and/or broken system files. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• The last known changes made/activities performed on your device prior to your concern.
    • If you've experienced your concern on all areas in Windows 10 where context menu is expected to be available. Examples are File Explorer and desktop icons.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In addition, we'd like to request for a screenshot of your concern with the context menu.

In the meantime, we'd recommend performing a clean boot in Windows to isolate software conflicts on your device. To do this, you can perform the steps posted on this link.
    In the clean boot environment, check if you'll be able to load the usual options for the context menu. The link will also provide steps to isolate the possible cause of the issue. Once you're done troubleshooting, check the How
    to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    section to revert your device to normal boot.

If you still experience your concern while in the clean boot environment, we'd recommend creating a new user/administrator account to isolate profile related issues. To do this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows

1. Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows - Similar Threads - Add Presentation Settings

2. How to add Settings to the Desktop context menu in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Settings to the Desktop context menu in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]It is important that you have convenient access to the most frequently used utilities while working on your computer. One of these, at least for me, is Windows Settings. They serve a plethora of purposes and I heavily rely on them. One of the easiest ways to make them...
  3. How to add Restart Start Menu to Context Menu on Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Restart Start Menu to Context Menu on Desktop: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 v1903 Update introduced several new features and enhancements. One of the under the hood changes is the separation of the Start Menu from the Explorer process. It is now an independent process. This process can be seen in [...] This post How to...
  4. How to add Settings to context menu with icon

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add Settings to context menu with icon: I found a video on how to add "Settings" to my context menu. It also explained how to add an icon to "Settings" which is the same operation. I now have "Settings" on my context menu but I have tried over and over to add an icon and it isn't working. But I can't seem to add...
  5. Add Restart Start Menu to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Restart Start Menu to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Restart Start Menu to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Restart Start Menu to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 The Start menu contains shortcuts of all your apps, settings, and files. Starting with Windows 10 build 18317, Microsoft separated...
  6. Add Shut Down to Desktop Context Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add Shut Down to Desktop Context Menu: I finished upgrading my laptop to Window 10 Pro and I got Microsoft Money Sunset and Frontpage 2003 working. So I am happy. *Party An old problem came back, after a shutdown, the system "resumes" instead of starting without the option of allowing me to get into the bios. I...
  7. Add Windows Update Settings context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Windows Update Settings context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Windows Update Settings context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Windows Update Settings context menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows Update helps keep your PC safer and your software current by automatically downloading and installing...
  8. Add Settings to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Settings to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Settings to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Settings context menu in Windows 10 Most of the settings you'll want to change in Windows 10 are in Settings. Settings is organized into the separate System, Devices, Phone, Network & Internet,...
  9. Add Accounts Settings context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Accounts Settings context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Accounts Settings context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Accounts Settings context menu in Windows 10 [img] Information You need a user account to use Windows, and if you share a single PC with other people, each person should have their own...
  10. Add or Remove Set as desktop background Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Set as desktop background Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Set as desktop background Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Set as desktop background' Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information When you right click on a .bmp, .dib, .gif, .jfif, .jpe, .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .tif, .tiff, or .wdp...