Windows 10: Turn On or Off Presentation Mode in Windows

Discus and support Turn On or Off Presentation Mode in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Presentation Mode in Windows How to Turn On or Off Presentation Mode in Windows When giving a presentation, you may want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by thelevigator, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Turn On or Off Presentation Mode in Windows

How to: Turn On or Off Presentation Mode in Windows

How to Turn On or Off Presentation Mode in Windows

When giving a presentation, you may want to turn on presentation mode.

While presentation mode is turned on, your computer stays awake, system notifications are turned off, and your presentation settings for screen saver, volume, and desktop background are applied. In addition, the presentation settings
    Turn On or Off Presentation Mode in Windows [​IMG]
    . icon will show on the taskbar notification area to indicate it is currently turned on.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off presentation mode for your account when giving a presentation in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

*note In Windows 7, Presentation Settings and presentation mode is only available in the Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions.

*note In Windows 8, Presentation Settings and presentation mode is only available in the RT, Pro, and Enterprise editions.

*note In Windows 10, Presentation Settings and presentation mode is only available in the Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Presentation Mode in Windows Mobility Center
    • Option Two: Turn Off Presentation Mode from Presentation Settings Notification Area Icon
    • Option Three: Turn On or Off Presentation Mode in Presentation Settings
    • Option Four: Turn On or Off Presentation Mode in Command Prompt

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Presentation Mode in Windows Mobility Center
    1. Open the Windows Mobility Center (mblctr.exe).

2. Click/tap on the available Turn on or Turn off button for Presentation Settings. (see screenshots below)

3. When finished, you can close the Windows Mobility Center if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn Off Presentation Mode from Presentation Settings Notification Area Icon
    1. Click on, right click, or press and hold on the presentation settings icon on the taskbar notification area, and click/tap on Stop Presentation. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] Turn On or Off Presentation Mode in Presentation Settings
    1. Open Presentation Settings (PresentationSettings.exe).

2. Check (on) or uncheck (off) the I am currently giving a presentation box for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

OPTION FOUR [/i] Turn On or Off Presentation Mode in Command Prompt
    1. Open a command prompt (cmd.exe).

2. Copy and paste the command below you want to use into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshots below)
    (Turn on presentation mode)
    *Arrow PresentationSettings.exe /start

OR

(Turn off presentation mode)
    *Arrow PresentationSettings.exe /stop
    3. When finished, you can close the command prompt if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

thelevigator, Aug 21, 2017
  2. TechDoran Win User

Interrupting Presentation Mode

So I am working on creating some code that will interrupt Presentation Mode on Windows 10. Our workstations are set to log out after 5 minutes, but this GPO can be circumvented by using Presentation Mode.

I've manged to create a bare-bones script that will detect if Presentation Mode is running, let it run for a specified amount of time, and then shut Presentation Mode off, but the problem is that the Mobility Center UI doesn't change to reflect the fact
    that Presentation Mode has been turned off. Mobility Center is where a user normally turns Presentation Mode on or off; when my code turns Presentation Mode off, the UI doesn't show any change and still claims Presentation Mode is on. Clicking the button in
    Mobility Center to turn off Presentation Mode after the code has turned it off causes the script to report that Presentation Mode has been turned back on, when in fact it has not.

TechDoran, Oct 27, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 AIRPLANE MODE AUTOMATICALLY TURNS

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1:

You can turn off aero plane mode from setting and check if it helps:

1. Go to settings.

2. Click on network.

3. Select flight mode and toggle to disable it.

4. After you tap or click the toggle to turn Airplane mode on or off, it can take your PC a few seconds to turn each wireless device on or off.

Step 2:

Try to Turn off Airplane Mode in Action Center and check the status.

1. Press Windows keys +A to open action center.

2. Click tap on airplane mode quick action button to toggle it on or off.

Step 3:

Try to turn off Airplane Mode in Network Notification Area Icon and check if that helps.

1. Click on network icon on the task bar.

2. Click/tap on aero plane icon to toggle it on or off.

Step 4:

If issue still persists, I suggest you to update the Wireless network drivers once again and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X key together and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate the Network adapter and expand the driver icon.

• Look for Wireless driver and then right click and click on Update driver.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

Turn On or Off Presentation Mode in Windows

Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Windows 10 --- Airplane Mode Will Not Turn Off / Wi-Fi will not turn on

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would like to inform you that if the Airplane mode is turned on the computer it will suspends any signal transmissions from your computer to comply with airline regulations. Hence the feature like Wi-Fi and Bluetooth will not
    work when this mode is enabled on the computer.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run network troubleshooter to check for any Internet connectivity issues.

• Open Control Panel.

• Click ‘Troubleshooting’
        in the search result.

• Click on ‘Network and Internet’.

• Click on ‘Network Adapter’
        to start the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.

• Open the Control Panel, click on the
      Network and Sharing Center link and click on the Connect to a network.
    • Airplane mode, move the slider right or left to turn it on or off.
    • When finished, you could close the Control Panel and press the
      Windows key to return to the Start screen.

Note: You will not see an Airplane mode option if you are connected to a wired, Ethernet-based network.

Method 3:

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to download and install latest network driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Oct 27, 2019
  6. How to turn on off Airplane mode in windows 10?

Two methods as given in the article as well.

• Open Action Center by clicking the rightmost icon. In the bottom side, a tile of airplane mode would be given. Clicking that would turn it ON and turn it into bright tile.
    • Navigate to Settings>Network and Internet and turn Airplane mode ON or OFF.
    All clear steps are here as well:

Ten Forums - Windows 10 Help and Support Forum

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Presentation Mode in Windows

1. Turn On or Off Presentation Mode in Windows - Similar Threads - Turn Off Presentation

2. S Mode turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    S Mode turned off: I just got a Lenovo computer and signed out of S mode too quickly. My mom said that my computer will no longer update. That’s probably my biggest/only concern. Can I go to a store and get it rebooted or will my computer never update again? Besides security will my computer be...
  3. S Mode turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    S Mode turned off: I just got a Lenovo computer and signed out of S mode too quickly. My mom said that my computer will no longer update. That’s probably my biggest/only concern. Can I go to a store and get it rebooted or will my computer never update again? Besides security will my computer be...
  4. turn off s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off s mode: Hello,I have microsoft windows 11 home, I'm trying to turn off the S mode as I am unable to open Bourden Printmaster down load, can you help me with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-s-mode/5e264971-3503-487e-bbf6-bf1e31c68329
  5. Turn off dark mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off dark mode: I tried out dark mode recently, didn't like that it also affected chrome. I went back to the same exact spot to turn it off, but apparently, windows like to change the layout of the settings on me without me even updating. How tf do I fix this? Shouldn't even need to ask....
  6. S Mode will not turn off.

S Mode will not turn off.: So, I've been trying to turn off S mode as soon as I got this new PC. It did turn off once the moment I first got this PC But then it came back when I restarted my PC. So, I attempt to try to turn this off once again but then it leaves an infinite "Working on it..."...
  7. Windows S mode will not turn off

Windows S mode will not turn off: I switched out of "S" mode and successfully downloaded Malwarebytes and Google Chrome. now neither program will run and the system is indicating that I need to switch out of "S" mode. I thought once you were out of "S" mode there was no going back. All attempts to once again...
  8. `Flight Mode will not turn off`

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    `Flight Mode will not turn off`: Has a solution to the "Flight Mode will not turn off" problem or do I scrap my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-mode-will-not-turn-off/ca58e285-3b8f-40cd-bfb0-0c25e2b58145
  9. Turn off track pad when mouse is present

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn off track pad when mouse is present: just running the by everyone. I'm configuring a dell inspiration 13 7368, I have been unable to turn off the trackpad. No options seem to be available in either control panel or setting/trackpad or settings/mouse. and no trackpad software. although the trackpad works great. I...
  10. Turning off Airplane Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turning off Airplane Mode: How do I turn off airplane mode on my computer, when the wifi/airplane mode icon on the taskbar does not work? (I have clicked on the wifi icon, then on "airplane mode", but nothing changes and cannot turn the mode off)....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable presentation settings in gpo