Windows 10: Family Settings / How to remove child from divorced father's account?

Discus and support Family Settings / How to remove child from divorced father's account? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Help please. I need to put my 12 year old son into MY Family Account. When I try, it says that he is still under his father's account, of which I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PineTree789, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Family Settings / How to remove child from divorced father's account?

Help please. I need to put my 12 year old son into MY Family Account. When I try, it says that he is still under his father's account, of which I do not have password.

I cannot find a live assistant or person to speak to.

Thanks!

:)

PineTree789, Jun 30, 2019

2. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Problems adding a child on the family account

Hello,

We're here to help.

You might be facing this issue due to the account is not configured properly.
    Kindly refer to the steps below on how to reconfigure your
    Family Safety feature for your Windows 10 device.

To remove a child

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.
    • To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.

To add a child to your family

• Sign in at
      account.microsoft.com/family
    • If this is your first time setting up a family, select Add a child.

If you've already added child accounts to your family, go to Select a child to view or edit their settings and then select
      Add.
    • Enter your child's email address and select Send invite. If your child doesn't have an email address, select
      Create a new email address for your child and follow the instructions on the screen.

Your child will need to accept the invite from their email.

Do note, you need to accept the email invitation from a device with the Child account currently logged in.

Let us know how it goes and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Family Settings / How to remove child from divorced father's account?

Bypass Family Settings by conversion to Local Account

I assumed that you had created a child (family) account, not creating a local normal account then converting it.

In your case I would simply copy his personal stuff to an external backup drive, remove his account and start from scratch. Takes a few minutes but in doing so you get better control.

When you have removed his account, this is Phase 1 in recreating a controlled child account to him: Child Account - Add or Remove from Your Family in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums. When done, restore his personal content to respective folders under his user profile folder.

Doing this he has no way to switch to a local account.

Then, the more you have patience to read, the more practical tips you will get:

Thema:

Family Settings / How to remove child from divorced father's account?

1. Family Settings / How to remove child from divorced father's account? - Similar Threads - Family Settings remove

2. how to remove a child from a family!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove a child from a family!: Hello, I have A problem with Family safety.I want to remove a child from the family to reorganise it the objective, is to have both children in the same family and I manage two with different accounts.Thus, I tried everything but don't find the remove as for adult, nor in my...
  3. how to remove a child from a family!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to remove a child from a family!: Hello, I have A problem with Family safety.I want to remove a child from the family to reorganise it the objective, is to have both children in the same family and I manage two with different accounts.Thus, I tried everything but don't find the remove as for adult, nor in my...
  4. how to remove a child from a family!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Removing child from family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing child from family account: I cannot seem to remove my child's account from my family account even though I have followed the steps. The message that I get is that the organizer needs to remove the child but I am the organizer. How do I proceed?...
  6. Removing child from family account

Removing child from family account: I cannot seem to remove my child's account from my family account even though I have followed the steps. The message that I get is that the organizer needs to remove the child but I am the organizer. How do I proceed?...
  7. Cannot remove child from family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove child from family account: Cannot remove child from family account. Get message saying the original parent needs to remove the child. Both me and my wife cannot remove our child from the account. We want to change him to a new microsoft account...
  8. How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family: Hi,My child user account takes 40% of the disk space of one of my laptop, I want to remove this child's user account and all the data from this laptop but NOT from my Microsoft family.When I go to Settings> Family& Other accounts , the only options for the family members is...
  9. How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family: Hi,My child user account takes 40% of the disk space of one of my laptop, I want to remove this child's user account and all the data from this laptop but NOT from my Microsoft family.When I go to Settings> Family& Other accounts , the only options for the family members is...
  10. How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows child account divorced