Windows 10: Force System UI Language as Display Language in Windows

Discus and support Force System UI Language as Display Language in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Force System UI Language as Display Language in Windows How to Force System UI Language as Display Language in Windows The display language... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Ben Daniels, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Force System UI Language as Display Language in Windows

How to: Force System UI Language as Display Language in Windows

How to Force System UI Language as Display Language in Windows

The display language a user selects changes the default language the entire operating system uses for that specific user account.

The display language) is installed on the computer.

If you like, you can enable a group policy setting to force the selected change their display language.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable forcing the system UI language to be used as the display language for all users in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to force the system UI language to be used as the display language.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Force System UI Language as Display Language in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Force System UI Language as Display Language using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Display language forced to use system UI language

Force System UI Language as Display Language in Windows [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Force System UI Language as Display Language in Local Group Policy Editor

*note In Windows 7, the Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions.

In Windows 8, the Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions.

In Windows 10, the Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Regional and Language Options

3. In the right pane of Regional and Language Options, double click/tap on the Force selected system UI language to overwrite the user UI language policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Force System UI Language as Display Language
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

6. To Disable Force System UI Language as Display Language
    A) Select (dot) either Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

7. When finished, you can close Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Force System UI Language as Display Language using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\MUI\Settings

MachineUILock DWORD

(delete) = Disable
    1 = Enable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Force System UI Language as Display Language
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_force_system_UI_language_as_display_language_for_all_users.reg

Download

3. To Disable Force System UI Language as Display Language
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_force_system_UI_language_as_display_language_for_all_users.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Ben Daniels, Apr 15, 2016
  2. RFC3514 Win User

Tooltips displayed in the wrong language

Although my version of Windows is set to English and the GPU-Z "Tooltip Language" appears as "System Default (English (United Kingdom))", the tooltips are appearing in the language corresponding to my system locale (or possibly keyboard layout), not the actual system language. I frequently change the keyboard layout and date format (to match the clients I'm working for and the language I'm writing in), but the system language never changes (and software is supposed to run in that language).

I can manually select "English (United States)", but this basically makes it impossible for me to select the "correct" language (i.e., UK English), because it doesn't appear in the list (other than as "system default" - but is then ignored). Obviously it makes no difference to me if it's in UK or US English, but people with other language combinations might have a problem.

It seems the routine that populates the language list in the options is (correctly) determining the system language, but the routine that actually generates the tooltips is (incorrectly) reading the system locale instead of language.

RFC3514, Oct 27, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Force System UI Language as Display Language in Windows

unable to change the language of UI

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Existing language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Existing language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

If you want a language pack:

You may refer to the suggestions posted by Andre Da Costa on the following thread.

Can I change language in Windows 10 Home edition?

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Nikhar_K Win User
    Make Korean language as Windows Display Language

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As per the screenshot, I see that Korean language pack is already installed on the computer that is the reason the option is greyed out.

As you have mentioned that you want to set Korean language as the Windows UI language, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click o Time & Language and click on
      Language on the left pane.
    3. Now, under Windows display language, select
      Korean from the drop down.
    4. Sign out and
      sign in
      back to the computer to set the Korean language as display language.

For more information, see Manage the input and display language settings
    in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    add display language

Hello casale, *Smile

The steps in the tutorial below are updated for adding a display language in Windows 10. You will need to install the language pack of a language to have it available as a display language.

*Arrow Add a Language in Windows 10

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Force System UI Language as Display Language in Windows

1. Force System UI Language as Display Language in Windows - Similar Threads - Force System Language

2. Change Windows Default System UI Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Windows Default System UI Language: Yes, there are many of these types of posts here. But I tried most of the methods shown there but just failed.I accidentally installed the wrong Windows ISO when trying to do a repair upgrade and now I can't keep my apps kind of an inconvenience but I just wanted to do a...
  3. Change Windows Default System UI Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Windows Default System UI Language: Yes, there are many of these types of posts here. But I tried most of the methods shown there but just failed.I accidentally installed the wrong Windows ISO when trying to do a repair upgrade and now I can't keep my apps kind of an inconvenience but I just wanted to do a...
  4. How to change default system UI Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change default system UI Language: i want it in italian how can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-default-system-ui-language/f4b1520b-c31c-4993-af14-aba954338dc1
  5. How to change default system UI Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change default system UI Language: i want it in italian how can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-default-system-ui-language/f4b1520b-c31c-4993-af14-aba954338dc1
  6. How to change default system UI Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Change default system UI language

Change default system UI language: Hi. I want to change my default system UI language, but any method can't allow that. I tried everything i know about editing languages, but nothing changes the default system UI language.Windows Language Settings - Everywhere is English, but default system UI language is...
  8. Parts of the UI language correspond to input language instead of display language

Parts of the UI language correspond to input language instead of display language: The problem exists when: Step 1. The original language both display and input is Chinese China. Step 2. Change the display language but not the input language to French France, log in again, and then problem arises: Some part of the UI is French and some part of the UI is...
  9. How to change default system UI language

How to change default system UI language: Because of some reason, I need to change the default system UI language. Is there any way to change the language to what I want? Many thx! [ATTACH]...
  10. Change System UI Language in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change System UI Language in Windows 10: How to: Change System UI Language in Windows 10 How to Change System UI Language in Windows 10 The system default UI language is the language of the localized version used to set up Windows during installation. All menus, dialog boxes, error messages, and help files are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. download cn ui-language reg file