Windows 10: Game bar auto turns off

Discus and support Game bar auto turns off in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My game bar and console companion won’t open. I tried editing the registry, no luck. submitted by /u/Finneganmac [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Finneganmac, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Game bar auto turns off

My game bar and console companion won’t open. I tried editing the registry, no luck.

submitted by /u/Finneganmac
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Finneganmac, Nov 10, 2019

2. To Turn On or Off Game Bar in Settings

Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller in Windows 10

The Xbox Game Bar makes it simple to take control of all your favorite gaming activities while playing.

When you open Xbox Game Bar (Win+G), youve got a variety of gaming activities at your fingertips. Select one and itll pop up as an overlaymany of these can be moved, resized, or pinned to your screen.

When the Xbox Game Bar is turned on, you can also open Xbox Game Bar using the Xbox button on a connected game controller by default.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the ability to open Xbox Game Bar using the Xbox button on a Xbox One controller for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller in Settings
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Xbox button on Xbox One Controller

Game bar auto turns off [​IMG]

OPTION ONE
    To Turn On or Off Game Bar in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Gaming icon.

2. Click/tap on Game bar on the left side, and check (enable - default) or uncheck Open Xbox Game Bar using this button on a controller on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)

*note Starting with Windows 10 (20H1) builds, you will need to click/tap on Xbox Game bar on the left side instead.

*note It is required to turn on the Xbox Game Bar to be able to open it.

OPTION TWO
    Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller using a REG file
    *note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\GameBar

UseNexusForGameBarEnabled DWORD

0 = Disable
    1 = Enable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller
    *note This is the default setting. It is required to turn on the Xbox Game Bar to be able to open it.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_open_Xbox_Game_Bar_using_Xbox_button_on_game_controller.reg

3. To Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_open_Xbox_Game_Bar_using_Xbox_button_on_game_controller.reg

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Game bar auto turns off

Game Bar update

Hi MatyasSvoboda,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the possible reasons why you're there's a little window when recording your games. To resolve this concern, I recommend that you turn off your Game bar and restart your computer before turning it on again. To do
    this, you may follow the steps below:

How to disable Game bar:

1. Right-click the Start button.
    2. Click Settings.
    3. Click Gaming.
    4. Click Game bar.
    5. Click the switch below Record game
      clips
      . Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns
      Off.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Game bar auto turns off

1. Game bar auto turns off - Similar Threads - Game bar auto

2. Auto hide task bar turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto hide task bar turns off: Hello, ever since my computer decided it would be a good time to upgrade to windows 11 I've had issues with auto hide task bar. Any time i walk away and my system goes to sleep quite often because i move around and work when i log into my system and it opens i have an alert...
  3. Auto hide task bar turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto hide task bar turns off: Hello, ever since my computer decided it would be a good time to upgrade to windows 11 I've had issues with auto hide task bar. Any time i walk away and my system goes to sleep quite often because i move around and work when i log into my system and it opens i have an alert...
  4. Game Bar Turning Off Automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Bar Turning Off Automatically: Hi, i traid to turn on my xbox game bar but it automatically turning off. i change my game resolution and change my screen mode but not working working plse help me...
  5. Game Bar Turning Off Automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game Bar Turning Off Automatically: Hi, i traid to turn on my xbox game bar but it automatically turning off. i change my game resolution and change my screen mode but not working working plse help me...
  6. Xbox game bar turning off

Xbox game bar turning off: I tried regedit and everything but it keeps getting disabled, I just want to record a video it just does not want to turn on.I did not try reinstalling.If it happens to you try these and let me know if this works I took from a form!>1. Navigate to...
  7. Turning Off Game Bar

Turning Off Game Bar: Hi, so I need to turn off game bar in order to use a lockdown browser. I went into the gaming settings and turned everything off, but it is still saything that it is active and I can't use the lockdown browser to take my exam. How do I completely turn this off?...
  8. Game Bar Turning Off Automatically

Game Bar Turning Off Automatically: How do I fix my Xbox game bar turning off automatically? whenever I turn it on it automatically turn it off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-bar-turning-off-automatically/91abf381-3f60-4d11-bc9c-49aa5b41b607
  9. Game Bar Turning Off Automatically

Game Bar Turning Off Automatically: How do I fix my xbox game bar turning off automatically? I tried doing stuff in the registry that I saw on YouTube but it doesn't work. Can someone help me?...
  10. Microsoft game bar will not turn off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft game bar will not turn off.: Hello, I am having a heck of a problem with windows game bar. No matter what I do it wont turn off. I have all the latest updates and Radeon video drivers installed. I have all the setting for game bar turned off in settings, I have even turned them off in the registry. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Game bar keeps turning off