Windows 10: Hide or Show a Library in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

Discus and support Hide or Show a Library in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Hide or Show a Library in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show a Library in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hide or Show a Library in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

How to: Hide or Show a Library in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

How to Hide or Show a Library in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

Hide or Show a Library in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information remove folders and drives to be included in a library as you like.

Windows 10 has the Videos libraries by default.

When Libraries is set to show in the navigation pane, only the Documents, Music, Pictures, and Videos libraries are shown in the navigation pane by default under the Libraries group.

This tutorial will show you different ways on how to hide or show a specific library in the navigation pane of File Explorer for only your account in Windows 10.

Note If you have turned on Show all folders in the navigation pane, all of the Show in navigation pane and Don't show in navigation pane type settings in this tutorial below will be grayed out until your turn off Show all folders.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Hide or Show a Library in Navigation Pane from File Explorer Ribbon
    • Option Two: To Hide or Show a Library in Navigation Pane from Context Menu
    • Option Three: To Hide or Show a Library in Navigation Pane from Properties
    EXAMPLE: Libraries in File Explorer

OPTION ONE [/i] To Hide or Show a Library in Navigation Pane from File Explorer Ribbon
    1. Open Libraries in File Explorer.

2. Select the library you want to hide or show in the navigation pane. (see screenshots below)

3. Click/tap on the "Library Tools" Manage tab.

4. Click/tap on Show in navigation pane to toggle to hide or show the selected library.

Note If the selected library is currently shown in the navigation pane, the Show in navigation pane setting will be highlighted by default to indicate so.

If the selected library is currently not shown in the navigation pane, the Show in navigation pane setting will not be highlighted to indicate so.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Hide or Show a Library in Navigation Pane from Context Menu

2. Right click or press and hold on the library you want to hide or show in the navigation pane, and click/tap on Show in navigation pane or Don't show in navigation pane depending on if the library is currently shown or not in the navigation pane. (see screenshots below)

OPTION THREE [/i] To Hide or Show a Library in Navigation Pane from Properties

2. Right click or press and hold on the library you want to hide or show in the navigation pane, and click/tap on Properties. (see screenshot below)

3. Check or uncheck the Shown in navigation pane box for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 10, 2017
  2. Zardoc Win User

Hide or Show Libraries in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

Just a quick note,

Libraries activation box has been moved in 10240.

Zardoc, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  4. LAUBO Win User

Hi Shawn,

Unfortuantely, none of these tricks seem to be working for me. I have tried:

I am using Windows 10 x64, recently cleanly installed on a new laptop. I have not installed any third party software which could interfere. I am viewing Explorer with 'Show all folders' and 'Expand to current folder' enabled.

I checked in the registry whether the DWords were altered, and indeed, the values did change after applying your 'remove.reg'. However, it had no effect.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot! Laurens

LAUBO, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Brink Win User

That's normal when you have turned on "Show all folders". *Sad

However, you may still be able to use the method in the tutorial below to remove it.

*Arrow Libraries Folder - Add or Remove from Navigation Pane - Windows 7 Help Forums

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Hello Brink and thank you. This website is a very helpful resource. Hide or Show a Library in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 :)

Your suggested answer will hide the User Profile folder in the Navigation Pane.

Instead, this scenario involves not hiding the User Profile folder but hiding specific Personal Folders in the Navigation Pane that are marked "Hidden" in the Files/Folders Listing Area.

My suspicion is that there are more "PinToNamespace" registry entries for me to toggle the DWORD value.

TechGuy737, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Hide or Show a Library in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hide Show Library

2. How to hide the navigation pane in the file dialog

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to hide the navigation pane in the file dialog: How to hide navigation pane in file open/save/save as dialog File Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-the-navigation-pane-in-the-file-dialog/8a8f7cee-1138-46c9-8d21-4b6227fa9bf0
  3. How to Show or Hide File Explorer Navigation Pane in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Show or Hide File Explorer Navigation Pane in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]On Windows 11 or Windows 10, PC users can customize File Explorer to their preference. You can show or hide Quick access and Favorites from navigation pane, show the Preview Pane for Explorer, show Details pane in File Explorer. In this post, we will show you how to...
  4. How to Show/Hide Navigation Pane in Windows 11 Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Show/Hide Navigation Pane in Windows 11 Explorer: It must be me.I hid the Navigation pane in Explore and want ot show it now.But, for the life of me I can't find the option.I've clicked 'View' tab, which is where I thought it was, but it's not there.James...
  5. How to Show/Hide Navigation Pane in Windows 11 Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Show/Hide Navigation Pane in Windows 11 Explorer: It must be me.I hid the Navigation pane in Explore and want ot show it now.But, for the life of me I can't find the option.I've clicked 'View' tab, which is where I thought it was, but it's not there.James...
  6. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane: New tutorial all finished. *Smile *Arrow Hide or Show User Profile Personal Folders in Windows 10 File Explorer Windows 10 Tutorials
  7. Remove/Hide folders in navigation pane in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove/Hide folders in navigation pane in Windows Explorer: Hi, I read the tutorial about Libraries, which doesn't cover my question. I do not use the Documents, Music, Pictures, or Videos folders and I 'd like to get them off the navigation pane, is there a way to do that? 78713
  8. Hide or Show Libraries in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Libraries in Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Libraries in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Libraries in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 Libraries gather added folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one place. This tutorial...
  9. Move Libraries Above This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Libraries Above This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Move Libraries Above This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Move Libraries Above or Below This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [img] Information Libraries gather added folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one...
  10. Show or Hide Navigation Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show or Hide Navigation Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Show or Hide Navigation Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use the navigation pane in File Explorer to browse locations such as Quick access, OneDrive, Libraries, This PC, Network, and Homegroup. You can also move or copy items directly...