Windows 10: Hide or Unhide Your Apps in Store My Library List in Windows 10

Discus and support Hide or Unhide Your Apps in Store My Library List in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Hide or Unhide Your Apps in Store My Library List in Windows 10 How to Hide or Unhide Your Apps in Store My Library List in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cliff S, May 26, 2016.

1. Cliff S New Member

Hide or Unhide Your Apps in Store My Library List in Windows 10

How to: Hide or Unhide Your Apps in Store My Library List in Windows 10

How to Hide or Unhide Your Apps in Store My Library List in Windows 10

[info]The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through, purchase, or get for free to download and install for their Microsoft account in Windows 10 PCs and devices.

The Store app in Windows 10 has a My Library feature that shows you all of the apps, games, music, and movies & TV that you installed on all devices while signed in with your Microsoft account. My Library in the Store makes it easy to quickly download and install an app or game owned by a Microsoft account to any account (local or Microsoft) on any Windows 10 PC or device.

Starting with update available for the Store app that now allows you to hide and unhide your apps listed in "My Library".

This tutorial will show you how to hide and unhide your apps from showing in the My Library list by default in the Store app for your account in Windows 10.

*note If you have the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, or Education edition installed, you will no longer need to be signed in to the Store with a Microsoft account to install an app from the Store.

There are some restrictions though:
    1. The Windows 10 Home edition still requires signing in to the Store with a Microsoft account before any apps or games can be downloaded.
    2. Only free apps or games can be installed without a Microsoft account. This is likely done to avoid situations where pay for apps or games would not be available to reinstall (if needed) without having to pay for them again.
    3. You will need to download all apps again whenever you reinstall Windows 10.
    4. Some applications may still require a Microsoft account or another account to work properly or at all.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Hide Your Apps in Store My Library List
    • Option Two: To Unhide Your Apps in Store My Library List

OPTION ONE [/i] To Hide Your Apps in Store My Library List
    1. Open the Microsoft Store app.

2. In the Store, click/tap on the account icon, and click/tap on My Library. (see screenshot below)

Hide or Unhide Your Apps in Store My Library List in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Click/tap on the More Actions (3 dots) button to the right of the app you want to hide, and click/tap on Hide. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Unhide Your Apps in Store My Library List
    1. Open the Microsoft Store app.

2. In the Store, click/tap on the account icon, and click/tap on My Library. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the Show hidden products button. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on the More Actions (3 dots) button to the right of the app you want to unhide, and click/tap on Unhide. (see screenshot below)

5. When finished, you can click/tap on the Re-hide button to no longer see hidden apps in My Library. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cliff S, May 26, 2016

2. Windows 10 mail app - double click to open

Hi.

Recently I tried Windows 10 built-in mail app.

I'm looking for two options:

• Double clicking on an email will open it in a new window (currently double click hide/unhide the email in preview pane)
    • Hiding email preview pane permanently

Thanks in advance!

JohnDope(2), May 26, 2016
  3. 5800 - Stop ringtones playing in music player - how?

Using Y-Browser, hiding the foler and unhiding it again i think is a tough job wen compared to the solution below:

Prior to executing Refresh Library, rename the folder that contains all your ringtones, then go to library and do a refresh.

After refresh completes, change the folder name back to the original ones.

This way the tone files will still be listed in your library but the player will skip them and go to the next song.

Hide or Unhide Your Apps in Store My Library List in Windows 10 :).

jayanthg---01, May 26, 2016
  4. Hide or Unhide Your Apps in Store My Library List in Windows 10

I've also been wanting this since Windows 8. Shows you how often I go to My Library, only just noticed the change. Luckily I did a search before posting old news. I've always hated the way any App you ever tried gets locked into your My Library. Even worse is if you log into a new PC you just bought, with your Microsoft ID, all those factory installed Apps get added even if you never ever launched them and immediately uninstalled them. I have a bunch that came preinstalled on my ASUS laptop I never used or wanted. My "My Library" is so littered with useless Apps I dread going there. Which is why I'm only just now noticing the change. I'd rather just be able to outright delete the junk but this is at least a step in the right direction. It makes it a lot easier to find the ones I do use.

alphanumeric, Oct 5, 2016
Thema:

Hide or Unhide Your Apps in Store My Library List in Windows 10

1. Hide or Unhide Your Apps in Store My Library List in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hide Unhide Apps

2. PERMANENTLY REMOVE Apps from my Microsoft Store List, not just HIDE them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PERMANENTLY REMOVE Apps from my Microsoft Store List, not just HIDE them: How do i remove a app that is free from my library ? I havent downloaded it , because last time i did i stole all my password and i have change over 200 passwords and they post ISIS and other disgusting things on my Instagram and Facebook. So that was fun , i want it removed...
  3. application to hide and unhide files in folders

application to hide and unhide files in folders: Hi. Our genealogy society has hundreds of folders with jpeg images of sacramental records like baptisms. To the public, we are only allowed to show records that are 70 years old or older. That means we have to copy over a new year's worth of records for all the books every...
  4. To Hide or Unhide Folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    To Hide or Unhide Folders: In my user folder (ex: C:\Users\...) there are many .xxxx files from various programs I've installed. It would be nice to actually use my user folder, but with so many different program files the folder becomes a bit of a mess. I can easily make a folder and its contents...
  5. Permanent removal of the unwanted apps from the Microsoft store Library list

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Permanent removal of the unwanted apps from the Microsoft store Library list: I want to know when we will be able to permanently remove numerous old useless unwanted apps from the Microsoft Store Library list. It is quite a headache to search for an important app among hundreds of old unwanted apps which are just occupying space in the library list....
  6. Permanent removal of the unwanted apps from the Microsoft store Library list

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Permanent removal of the unwanted apps from the Microsoft store Library list: I want to know when we will be able to permanently remove numerous old useless unwanted apps from the Microsoft Store Library list. It is quite a headache to search for an important app among hundreds of old unwanted apps which are just occupying space in the library list....
  7. Windows Store "My Library" and App differences

Windows Store "My Library" and App differences: Finally got around freshly installing my gaming desktop and wanted to install some apps from the Windows Store that I use frequently. Noticed a few things and trying to wrap my OCD head around this: 1. I used Apps like Facebook regularly. Why does the store say "get"...
  8. How do I hide/remove apps from "your apps" list? 2018

How do I hide/remove apps from "your apps" list? 2018: VICVALE SAys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's 2025, and I thought all APP-lication of this problem would've been solve by now?? Wasn't the "APP-RAPTURE" - to TAKE PLACE, AND A-CARE... AROUND THIS TIME??? Or, would it be beyond 2045, WHEN NEW APP-GRADE OF APP-TITUDE WILL COME TO...
  9. Hide/Unhide windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hide/Unhide windows 10 update: Hello, So i hide the windows 10 april update but today i wanted to unhide it and give it another try but the program says i dont have any updates hidden. And im sure it did hide the april update. What to do? 110580
  10. Install Your Apps from My Library in the Store in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install Your Apps from My Library in the Store in Windows 10: How to: Install Your Apps from My Library in the Store in Windows 10 How to Install Your Apps from My Library in Microsoft Store in Windows 10 The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through,...