Windows 10: Remove Windows 10 Download Devices from Store Account

Discus and support Remove Windows 10 Download Devices from Store Account in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Remove Windows 10 Download Devices from Store Account How to Remove Windows 10 Devices from your Store Account The Microsoft Store app in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Remove Windows 10 Download Devices from Store Account

How to: Remove Windows 10 Download Devices from Store Account

How to Remove Windows 10 Devices from your Store Account

The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through, purchase, or get for free to download and install for their Microsoft account in Windows 10 PCs and devices.

To be able to install apps from the Store, you must be signed in to the Store with a Microsoft account. When signed in to the Store with a Microsoft account, you will be able to install any apps already owned by that Microsoft.

You can remove a device if you're trying to install an app or a game from the Store on a Windows 10 device and you've reached your device limit. You can install apps or games on up to 10 devices.

If you have the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, or Education edition installed, you will no longer need to be signed in to the Store with a Microsoft account to install an app from the Store.

There are some restrictions though:
    1. The Windows 10 Home edition still requires signing in to the Store with a Microsoft account before any apps or games can be downloaded.
    2. Only free apps or games can be installed without a Microsoft account. This is likely done to avoid situations where pay for apps or games would not be available to reinstall (if needed) without having to pay for them again.
    3. You will need to download all apps again whenever you reinstall Windows 10.
    4. Some applications may still require a Microsoft account or another account to work properly or at all.
    Windows Store device limit

Depending on the content or service, Microsoft has different licensing rules, and there are four separate lists you need to control:
    • Apps and games: On apps and games you download for free or purchase from the Store, you're limited to 10 devices, which is a significantly smaller number than the 81 device limit on Windows 8.1.
    • Music: The rules are even more restricted with music. If you have a Groove Music Pass (Xbox Music Pass), then you're limited to only four devices. However, music purchased from the Store can be authorized on up to five personal devices.
    • Movies & TV: Similar to the music rules, for TV shows and movies you acquire from the Store you're limited to four devices for video playback.
    • Books: This is a new list, and the limits won't be clear until the feature become available with the Windows 10 Creators Update.
    This tutorial will show you how to remove Windows 10 devices from being associated with your Store account for getting apps and games.

*Warning Once you remove a device, apps you've installed from the Windows Store for your Store account won't work on the device.

Here's How:

1. Go to the Apps and games | Manage your download devices page online for your Microsoft account, and sign in if you are not already.

2. Click/tap on the Remove link for the device you want to remove from your Store account. (see screenshot below)

Remove Windows 10 Download Devices from Store Account [​IMG]

3. Check the I'm ready to remove this device box, and click/tap on Remove. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on Close. The device isn't linked to your store account anymore. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 11, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Remove Windows 10 Download Devices from Store Account

Remove Microsoft account from Windows store

Hi, Abbas.

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, I understand your concern and we will try to assist you the best way we can.

As per your query, I am led to believe that you want to remove your Office PC from the list of devices that you have configured to Windows Store.

If that is the case then, I suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Windows Store, click on the symbol that contains your username.

2. Locate and click on View Account, this will redirect you to the
    Microsoft account page.

3. On the page, click on Devices.

4. Now select the Device that you wish to remove and click on Remove PC.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Cannot remove device from my account

Hello Zanardi,

Thank you for the update on the issue.

I would suggest you to follow below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

Remove Trusted Devices for your Microsoft Account in More security settings.

1. Switch back to local account and remove all trusted devices (in More security settings).

2. check if you are offline from the Windows store app

3. return to device list (Microsoft account site) and check if the problem is solved.

4. switch your local account into a Microsoft account and trust this pc using phone, sms or email.

5. Use Windows Store to download a free game (just to test) and return one more time to device list and check if the problem is solved.

For more information you may refer to the below mentioned Microsoft article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-is-trusted-device

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Oct 26, 2019
  6. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Remove Windows 10 Download Devices from Store Account

1. Remove Windows 10 Download Devices from Store Account - Similar Threads - Remove Download Devices

2. Removing Device from Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Device from Microsoft account: So I had an old Toshiba Satellite laptop that is no longer in my possession, and it was linked to my Microsoft account.I recently removed the deviceToshiba Satellite from my account, but what does that mean for the laptop's current user?Can they still access the files/folders...
  3. Account removal from a device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account removal from a device: Hi everyone, I set up Windows 10 on a my mums laptop and since she didnt have an email address, I used mine. So basically the user 'Mum' on he PC is linked to my account, so she gets pop-ups whenever I receive an email and the favorites on her internet explorer are my...
  4. Account removal from a device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account removal from a device: Hi everyone, I set up Windows 10 on a my mums laptop and since she didnt have an email address, I used mine. So basically the user 'Mum' on he PC is linked to my account, so she gets pop-ups whenever I receive an email and the favorites on her internet explorer are my...
  5. Account removal from a device

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  6. Remove Device from account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Device from account: Hello everyone. I’m a bit confused. So my computer that broke down on me that has a M2 SSD and I have to send it in for a replacement pc. And I have no way to erase the computer as the motherboard died and I have no other computer with a M2 SSD. In fact I have no new...
  7. Removing device from Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removing device from Microsoft account: How does one remove a device from Microsoft accounts. I believe the help file is outdated and there is no way do do that this moment. Recently updated Win to 2004. This might be the problem. The live agent was clueless and he and I were looking at completely different things...
  8. Removing device from Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removing device from Microsoft account: I have two computers connected with my Microsoft account. Currently I want to remove one of them from the Microsoft account. I was wondering if I can remove it without any unpleasant consequences to the Windows activation? Thank you for the replay...
  9. Remove 'Store' from Windows 10 Child Account profiles

Remove 'Store' from Windows 10 Child Account profiles: Hi I'm running Windows Pro Build 1903 and logged in with my (Adult) Outlook.com account. I have an account for my Son who uses Xbox with a 'Child' account. I have setup the Child account with blocking websites etc which works fine when he logs in. However, he can access...
  10. Remove Device from MS account

Remove Device from MS account: Disregard/Delete this post - pilot error. 117484

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 re-activation remove from list of devices