Windows 10: How to sync Sticky Notes across different Devices in Windows 10

Discus and support How to sync Sticky Notes across different Devices in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Sticky Notes application is a preinstalled Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app and has been a part of Windows for years now. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 7, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to sync Sticky Notes across different Devices in Windows 10

WinClub, Nov 7, 2019

2. Manually Sync Sticky Notes on Windows 10 PC  

How to Manually Sync Sticky Notes on Windows 10 PC

The Sticky Notes app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10.

With Sticky Notes, you can create notes, type, ink or add a picture, add text formatting, stick them to the desktop, move them around there freely, close them to the Notes list, and sync them across devices and apps like OneNote Mobile, Microsoft Launcher for Android, and Outlook for Windows.

Starting with the Windows 10 May 2019 Update, you can sync and backup notes across your phone, laptop and desktop - all your devices.

Now, you can also jot down a note on your PC and look it up on your phone, using applications such as Microsoft Launcher, Microsoft OneNote for Android and Microsoft OneNote for iPhone.

The Sticky Notes app will by default automatically sync across all your devices that you are signed in to with the same Microsoft account.

See also: Windows 10 Tip: Sticky Notes synced | Microsoft Windows Blog

This tutorial will show you how to manually sync the Sticky Notes app as needed for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Sticky Notes

How to sync Sticky Notes across different Devices in Windows 10 [​IMG]

fZj0WLxj-T0

Here's How:

1. Perform one of the following actions to open Sticky Notes settings.
    A) Open the Start menu *Start, right click or press and hold on Sticky Notes, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

OR

B) Right click or press and hold on the Sticky Notes (if open) icon on the taskbar, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

OR

C) Click/tap on the Settings (gear) icon in the notes list of Sticky Notes. (see screenshot below)

2. In Sticky Notes settings, click/tap on the Sync now button under the Help & feedback section. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Is there a Sticky Note app that syncs with Android

Try the steps listed
    here
    or
    here

Smittychat., Nov 7, 2019
  4. How to sync Sticky Notes across different Devices in Windows 10

Sign in to Sticky Notes

How to Sign in and Sign out of Sticky Notes in Windows 10

The Sticky Notes app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. This apps allows you to create and save notes to the desktop of your Windows 10 PC. Thanks to a new and improved design, added intelligence and Pen support, it is now easier than ever to quickly capture and add context to all your notes.

Sticky Notes 3.0 brings the following amazing new features and capabilities:
    • Sync (& backup) your notes across your Windows devices.
    • If you have a lot of notes, your desktop can get a bit crowded! Microsoft is introducing a new home for all your notes. You can choose which notes to stick to your desktop or tuck them away and find them again easily with search.
    • Before all the beautiful sunshine arrived, Microsoft channeled their dark energy into a dark themed note: Charcoal Note.
    • Crossing tasks off feel better than deleting them! Now you can style your note with the new formatting bar.
    • You may notice that Sticky Notes is performing a lot faster – that is completely on purpose.
    • Microsoft applied so much polish that the app is starting to look like a shiny pony!
    • Drastic improvements on being more inclusive:
      • Using assistive technologies and Narrator.
      • Keyboard navigation.
      • Using mouse, touch, and pen.
      • High Contrast.
    You can now get to your notes from anywhere with the introduction of Sticky Notes on the web.

If you sign in to Sticky Notes with your Microsoft account or work or school account, you will be able to sync your notes to the cloud.

When you sign out of Sticky Notes, you will not have access to your synced notes again until you sign back in. Any new notes you create will not be synced until you sign in next.

This tutorial will show you how to sign in and sign out of Sticky Notes with your Microsoft account or work or school account to sync your notes in Windows 10 and online.

CONTENTS:

EXAMPLE: Sticky Notes

fZj0WLxj-T0

OPTION ONE
    Sign in to Sticky Notes
    1. Right click or press and hold on Sticky Notes in the Start menu (All apps) or on the taskbar, and click/tap on Settings in its jump list. (see screenshots below)

*note If your account is not listed or you want to use a different account, click/tap on Microsoft account or Work or school account, and follow the instructions to sign in to the account.

4. You will now be signed in to Sticky Notes with access to all of your notes for this account. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO
    Sign out of Sticky Notes
    1. Right click or press and hold on Sticky Notes in the Start menu (All apps) or on the taskbar, and click/tap on Settings in its jump list. (see screenshots below)

Note If you have a note open, you could click/tap on the Menu (3 dots) button, click/tap on All Notes, and click/tap on the Settings (gear) icon.

2. Click/tap on the Sign out link. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Sign out to confirm. (see screenshot below)

4. You will now be signed out of Sticky Notes. You can now close Sticky Notes if you like. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

How to sync Sticky Notes across different Devices in Windows 10

1. How to sync Sticky Notes across different Devices in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - sync Sticky Notes

2. Sticky Notes not syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Notes not syncing: Sticky Notes not syncing anymore Last sync was today at 9am ESTIs MS having issues with sticky notes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-not-syncing/9373ec5a-9498-4e9a-b7f7-18376ab35d42
  3. Sticky Notes not syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes not syncing: Sticky Notes not syncing anymore Last sync was today at 9am ESTIs MS having issues with sticky notes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-not-syncing/9373ec5a-9498-4e9a-b7f7-18376ab35d42
  4. sticky notes not syncing

sticky notes not syncing: am unable to sync sticky notes tried all troubleshoot but no luck am on windows 10 all up to date my sticky note version is 6.0.10please help are my all note gone ?...
  5. sticky notes not syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sticky notes not syncing: am unable to sync sticky notes tried all troubleshoot but no luck am on windows 10 all up to date my sticky note version is 6.0.10please help are my all note gone ?...
  6. Sticky Notes Won't Sync in Windows 10

Sticky Notes Won't Sync in Windows 10: On my newest system I started having a problem with Sticky Notes on Windows 10. It is now unable to sync to my notes on other systems, which caused a bit of frustration today when my system drive failed and I could no longer get to my notes.Having done a clean Windows 10...
  7. Sticky Notes not syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Notes not syncing: I have a couple of sticky notes on the pc. I have a new laptop. I open sticky notes and sign in on the laptop. Nothing. Sync says all caught up. I don't understand, it should be absolutely simple and yet there is a problem. What could it be?...
  8. Sticky Notes not syncing

Sticky Notes not syncing: I have a couple of sticky notes on the pc. I have a new laptop. I open sticky notes and sign in on the laptop. Nothing. Sync says all caught up. I don't understand, it should be absolutely simple and yet there is a problem. What could it be?...
  9. Sticky notes not syncing

Sticky notes not syncing: For some reason I have to reset my pc, but after i reset my pc my sticky notes won't sync. I cannot see my old notes. If I am creating a new one, that too is not syncing.The error says "We're having trouble connecting with the Sticky Notes server right now, but we'll keep...
  10. sticky note syncing

sticky note syncing: Question. I can type the word "House" on a Sticky Note and it saves in the cloud. I can open that same sticky note in outlook.com and read "House". I can open outlook on my computer, go to notes and open the note and read "House". With that said.... I DRAW a house on a...