Windows 10: Improve Windows Hello Face Recognition in Windows 10

Discus and support Improve Windows Hello Face Recognition in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Improve Windows Hello Face Recognition in Windows 10 [img] Information fingerprint [/b]or face recognition. Windows Hello, greets you by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by RLAR, Sep 14, 2017.

1. RLAR Win User

Improve Windows Hello Face Recognition in Windows 10

How to: Improve Windows Hello Face Recognition in Windows 10

Improve Windows Hello Face Recognition in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information fingerprint [/b]or face recognition.

Windows Hello, greets you by name and with a smile, letting you sign in without a password and providing instant, more secure access to your Windows 10 devices. Windows Hello introduces system support for biometric authentication – using your face, iris, or fingerprint to unlock your devices – with technology that is much safer than traditional passwords. You– uniquely you– plus your device are the keys to your Windows experience, apps, data and even websites and services – not a random assortment of letters and numbers that are easily forgotten, hacked, or written down and pinned to a bulletin board. Modern sensors recognize your unique personal characteristics to sign-you-in on a supporting Windows 10 device.

Starting with Windows 10 build 15007, Microsoft is bringing in some exciting improvements around how you discover and enroll into Windows Hello’s facial recognition. For devices and peripherals that support Windows Hello. you’ll now see a visual guidance that tracks your face in real-time, shows you an improved progress indicator and gives you real-time feedback to quickly and smoothly set your face up for signing in.

For more about Windows Hello, see:

If Windows Hello can't always recognize your face (ex: with and without glasses, different lighting conditions, or face angles) while trying to unlock and sign in to your PC, then you may need to improve recognition for your face to help.

This tutorial will show you how to improve recognition of your face in Windows Hello for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.

2. Click/tap on Sign-in options on the left side, and click/tap on the Improve recognition button for Face Recognition under Windows Hello on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Get started. (see screenshot below)

4. Enter your PIN to verify it's you. (see screenshot below)

5. Make sure your face is centered in the frame, and keep looking directly at your screen until it has finished. (see screenshots below)

6. When finished, click/tap on Close. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

2. Windows hello not working

Hello

I am using Windows 10.

Windows Hello will start the recognition process. But after the camera views my face, Hello just stops and ihave to sign in with pin or password. I have taken a new face shot using the improve recognition button. Same problem every time. I updated the
    driver no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

CraigShuman, Sep 14, 2017
  3. Windows Hello

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

Windows Hello's aspect of facial recognition requires a special array which Intel is currently providing through the hardware with its RealSense set ups. With a RealSense camera, either built in or an external, facial recognition will work in Windows 10.

Follow the below steps to set up Windows Hello facial recognition in Windows 10.

1. Set up a PIN code by click on “Add” button. Once you have done that step, the options to set up Windows Hello will visible.

2. Set up a PIN code by click on “Add” button. Once you have done that step, the options to set up Windows Hello will visible.

3. You will see an option named “Face”, just click on “Set Up”.

4. Click on “Get started”.

5. Move yourself to the front of the camera and make sure your face is in the center of the frame. It will automatically register your face to the system.

6. There is an improvement option in the next step to improve recognition. Use it if you wear glasses (or not). It will help to make sure you are recognized in quality.

You can now able to access features like improvement recognition, automatically unlock the Windows, remove your face or increase security.

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 14, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello RLAR, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Since you want to have an option to sign in with PIN or Face, you could use the tutorial below to make sure Automatically dismiss the lock screen if we recognize your face is turned off.

*Arrow Face - Turn On or Off Automatically Unlock Screen in Windows 10 Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

While on your sign-in screen, you can click tap on the Sign-in options link to be able to select which option you want to use. Usually, the last option you used is what is selected by default next time.

*Arrow Sign in to Windows 10 Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Sep 14, 2017
  5. RLAR Win User
    Thnx. I did try turning off the "Automatically dismiss the lock screen if we recognize your face" button. (That wording is a little different then your screen is showing.) When I restarted my computer, the face recognition mode came up with a dismiss comment, red lights flashing and it just sat there. Eventually it said welcome, but then the screen went black...for about 10 minutes. I thought I was dead in the water. So kinda chicken to try it again. And chicken to attempt step 2....way out of my league. Maybe under face recognition, above the turn on/off auto face button, I should select "remove," and it would defaut to my pin? Seems odd that something that should be so simple isn't.

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Correct. If you wanted to remove Face, you would be left with PIN or password to sign in with.

Brink, Sep 14, 2017
  7. RLAR Win User
    I'm back. Since you are being so helpful, I would like to ask you a few more questions: On the start window, where it lists the apps/programs vertically on the left and to the right of that it has various large picture app icons laid out; well, I've tried to eliminate/add and rearrange the layout of those large icons on right, but when I go back to page, it defaults to how it arrived. And it also doesn't leave the screen enlarged when I expand it. Is there a button to select that will let this be customized? And set the vertical right layout to horizontal, etc.

Also, when I said my computer seemed to be dead in the water when booting up; I've since learned that this is a common Windows 10 problem. Some have said to disable/uninstall unnecessary apps/programs. I did what I thought I could, and still a slow boot up. Sheesh, why would the experts create that kind of situation? I have more memory/hard drive space than ever, yet my old ASUS with Windows 8 and 1/2 that, surpasses the new stuff on so many levels. I'm old and not especially interested in the newfangled stuff; but even if I were, you'd think all would be more accessible and user friendly. Oh well.

P.S. I asked Admin, but I can't seem to find where to go to ask a question/start a new thread. Reason I keep posting on your thread. Sorry, but thnx.

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

After you open a forum (ex: "General Support"), you will see a "Post New Thread" button to click on to start a new thread for post.

I'll keep an eye out for them. *Smile

Brink, Sep 14, 2017
  9. RLAR Win User
    Ahh....much appreciate the direction.

I'm searching posts for how to customize the start menu. Seeing some opinions.

RLAR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Improve Windows Hello Face Recognition in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Improve Hello Face

2. Windows hello biometrics and face recognition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hello biometrics and face recognition: Hello,I have a Dell Latitude 5300 2in 1Online my laptop says that it supports windows hello for fingerprint and face ID,However, in settings it says its unable to find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello and the same but with face recognition. SEE PHOTOI have...
  3. Windows Hello Face Recognition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face Recognition: Hi,I'm using a DELL Inspiron 3501, i5 11th Generation, NVIDIA GeForce MX330 2GB GDDR5 Laptop.Do I have to have IR devices listed in my devmgmt.msc to use my camera with Windows Hello Face?If yes, could anyone share a screenshot of the device manager which contains IR...
  4. Improve recognition from Windows Hello doesn't recognize face

Improve recognition from Windows Hello doesn't recognize face: Windows Hello often fails to recognize me, so I would like to improve its recognition. But when I use the improve recognition tool, it doesn't recognize my face, despite that it is centered and well lit....
  5. Hello face recognition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hello face recognition: My hello face recognition has stopped working. In the settings it says my camera is not compatible. How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-face-recognition/dd429b1c-e3eb-45ee-978e-efd8086b1f1f
  6. Windows Hello face recognition

Windows Hello face recognition: I can't remove Windows Hello face recognition. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-face-recognition/642129e9-85f4-4869-b862-04a08a2162dc
  7. Hello Face Recognition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hello Face Recognition: I recently bought a Microsoft Pro. It set up my face recognition while doing a whole laptop setup, however I dont need it anymore. when i go into settings to remove face recognition, it says currently not available but the remove and improve recognition buttons cannot be...
  8. Windows Hello Face recognition

Windows Hello Face recognition: Hello all, I have a problem that seems to be common on this forum but none of the common fixes have worked for me. My windows Hello face recognition built into my surface laptop 3 has recently in the past few days just stopped working. When I go into the sign-in options in...
  9. windows hello face recognition

windows hello face recognition: I'm in serious need of some help. I've been going through countless websites, videos and comments here about problems involving windows hello face recognition being unavailable, but nothing has worked so far. My laptop had been working perfectly fine this morning and when...
  10. Windows Hello Face Recognition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello Face Recognition: I have a Microsoft go tablet and I use it as my school laptop. I used to use the facial recognition but now it won't let me use it and I don't know why. It is saying the option is currently unavailable. Can anyone help me? It is so annoying to have to type in a pin or a...