Windows 10: Install .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10

Discus and support Install .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Install .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10 How to Install .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10 The .NET Framework is a managed execution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by xDcado., Jul 19, 2018.

1. xDcado. Win User

Install .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10

How to: Install .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10

How to Install .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10

The .NET Framework is a managed execution environment for Windows that provides a variety of services to its running apps. It consists of two major components: the common language runtime (CLR), which is the execution engine that handles running apps, and the .NET Framework Class Library, which provides a library of tested, reusable code that developers can call from their own apps.

The Windows 10 May 2019 Update comes with .NET Framework 4.8 preinstalled.

However, some older apps may require .NET framework 3.5 to be installed to run.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you different ways to install .NET Framework 3.5 online and offline in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to install .NET Framework 3.5.

If you need to repair .NET Framework 3.5, you can uninstall it and then reinstall it using an option below to do so.

Contents

OPTION ONE [/i] Install .NET Framework 3.5 on Demand
    This option requires an Internet connection to install .NET Framework 3.5.

1 You may see the following configuration dialog if you try to run an app that requires the .NET Framework 3.5. Click/tap on Install this feature. (see screenshot below)

Install .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10 [​IMG]

2 If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.

3 Windows Features will now search, download, and install required files for .NET Framework 3.5 online from Windows Update. (see screenshots below)

4 Click/tap on Close when finished and successfully installed. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Install .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows Features

1 Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Programs and Features icon.

2 Click/tap on the Turn Windows features on or off link on the left side. (see screenshot below)

This will open the C:\Windows\System32\OptionalFeatures.exe file.

3 If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.
    4 Select
    (black square) .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0), and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

5 Click/tap on Let Windows Update download the files for you. (see screenshot below)

6 Windows Features will now download and apply (install) required files for .NET Framework 3.5 online from Windows Update. (see screenshots below)

7 Click/tap on Close when completed. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] Install .NET Framework 3.5 by Download

1 Go to the Download .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Microsoft website, and click/tap on the Download .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Runtime button at the site. (see screenshot below)

2 Save the dotnetfx35.exe file to your desktop, and run it.

3 If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.

4 Click/tap on Download and install this feature. (see screenshot below)

5 Windows Features will now search, download, and install required files for .NET Framework 3.5 online from Windows Update. (see screenshots below)

6 Click/tap on Close when finished and successfully installed. (see screenshot below)

7 You can now delete the dotnetfx35.exe file if wanted.

OPTION FOUR [/i] Install .NET Framework 3.5 in Command Prompt

1 Open an elevated command prompt.

2 Copy and paste the command below into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    Dism /online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:"NetFx3"
    3 When it has finished installing, you can close the elevated command prompt if wanted.

OPTION FIVE [/i] Install .NET Framework 3.5 in PowerShell

1 Open an elevated PowerShell.

2 Copy and paste the command below into the elevated PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshots below)
    Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName "NetFx3"
    3 When it has finished installing, you can close the elevated PowerShell if wanted.

OPTION SIX [/i] Install .NET Framework 3.5 Offline
    This option does not use an Internet connection to install .NET Framework 3.5. This can be handy if you are unable to install .NET Framework 3.5 using any of the other options above.

1 Perform one of the following actions depending on what you want to use:

If you don't use media that is the exact same Windows 10 build as what is currently installed, you will get a source files not found error, and .NET Framework 3.5 will fail to install.

A) Connect a build as what is currently installed.

OR

B) build as what is currently installed.

How to See Full Details including Build for a Windows 10 ISO file

2 Open This PC in File Explorer (Win+E), and make note of the drive letter (ex: "G") of this USB or mounted ISO. (see screenshot below)

3 Open an elevated command prompt.

4 Type the command below into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /Source:<drive letter>:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess

Substitute <drive letter> in the command above with the actual drive letter (ex: "G") from step 2 above for the USB or mounted ISO source.

For example: Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /Source:G:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess

5 When it has finished installing, you can close the elevated command prompt if wanted.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

xDcado., Jul 19, 2018

2. Windows 10: Issues with Installing .NET Framework 4.6.1 on Windows 10.

Hi Mahi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in .Net framework is not installed through Windows Features.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

I suggest you to perform the below steps to check if .Net Framework is installed or activated in the Windows Features or not and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Start Menu.

2. Then click on Programs and features.

3. Click on Turn Windows Features on or off.

4. Then expand .Net Framework 4.6.

5. Check mark on the ASAP.NET 4.6 and install it.

6. Restart your computer.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with installing .Net Framework in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Aparody Win User
    Install .NET 3.5 Framework on Windows 10

Is it even possible, the help for this is of no use.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...lation-error-0x800f0906-0x800f081f-0x800f0907

This is the bit thats applicable to me.

To fix the error codes for Windows 10, follow these steps:

1. Download the Windows Media Creation tool, and create an ISO image locally, or create an image for the version of Windows that you have installed.
    2. Configure the Group Policy as in Method 2, but also follow these steps:
      1. Mount the ISO image that's created in step 1.
      2. Point the "Alternate source file path" to the ISO sources\sxs folder from the ISO.
      3. Run the gpupdate /force command.
      4. Add the .Net framework feature.

Method 2 isn't mentioned anywhere.

Further more if i download the framework installer and run the dotnetfx35setup.exe file i get a window that says it requires the framework its trying to install, so its a loop that requires the framework to install the framework.

Next issue is that if i try to turn it on from Programs and Features in the control panel it throws me back to the initial error of not being able to install it which takes me back to the link above and method for fixing it which doesn't include the information
    for Method 2.

I'm starting to think MS are purposely making it uninstallable at this point.

Any help would be much apreciated.

Aparody, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Install .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10

.NET Framework 3.5 installation error: 0x800736B3

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to check whether the .NET Framework 3.5 has been installed or not.

• Press Windows+X and then select programs and features.
    • On the left hand side click on the option “turn windows features on or off”.
    • Check whether the “.NET Framework 3.5” has been checked or not.
    • If not check then I suggest you to check it and then install it.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 27, 2019
  5. das10 Win User
    Unable to download any framework for .net - (error code 0x80070002)

OK, the Windows 10 Feature installation method should have been straightforward, but since that errored out as well, something else seems to be going on with your Windows, so wait for somebody with more experience to suggest a way out.

In the mean time, if you haven't already, you could give muchomurka's suggestion a go as well with the elevated prompt and an install media to see if it works. The following link shows the detailed steps involved.

Offline install of .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10 using DISM

das10, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Install .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10

1. Install .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Install NET Framework

2. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  3. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  4. .net framework not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .net framework not installing: I'm trying to install the .net framework 3.5 so that I can install sql server report builder, but whenever I try to download it, it says that teh requested changes could not be completed and gives me the error 0x80244018. How do i fix this?...
  5. .Net Framework not installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .Net Framework not installed: Hey, 2 Days ago I had a problem with my PC that resulted in me resetting my Windows. Yesterday then my PC worked fine. I did an update overnight and when I now wanted to use my PC, most Programs say that I have to install .NET Framework v4.0.30319 or some say just I have to...
  6. .NET Framework not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    .NET Framework not installing: so i have an app Spark 4 for gta 4 that i need to open. when i click the app, it says this app needs this feature: [ATTACH] When i click install this happens: [ATTACH] i tried the offline installer but it doesnt work. please help. [ATTACH] I have also tried the...
  7. .NET Framework installation

.NET Framework installation: I am downloading software and received a prompt stating .NET Framework is required to continue the installation, and asking me to click Yes to continue installing Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0. Should I install this version or a later version, to continue? I read...
  8. .net framework not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .net framework not installing: Hello there I am Ronak Rajput. I got a problem with my .net framework3.5. The Problem is when i try to download the framework Windows Feature screen show me that Downloading Required files but it always stopes after 25% of downloading files but when i disconnected my...
  9. Installation of .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installation of .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10: Hi I am getting an error code 0x80070424 while installing .NET framework 3.5 on my Win 10 laptop, with a message " The specified service does not exist as an installed service" Looks like it has got to do something with Windows Defender Firewall. It is detecting...
  10. .Net Framework Not Installing

.Net Framework Not Installing: https://www.reddit.com/r/computer_help/comments/9pt8ie/net_framework_35_wont_install/?st=JNHDB2ET&sh=c5fa046a Hopefully somebody can help :D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework-not-installing/9606b9ea-0819-4a27-971e-b58996e53436

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox dvr application settings