Windows 10: Local Administrator account locked by family time restrictions

Discus and support Local Administrator account locked by family time restrictions in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Now I’m not sure how this has happened but I have the built-in administrator account active and it’s telling me that the time has run out as if it were... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by PastAttorney353, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Local Administrator account locked by family time restrictions

Now I’m not sure how this has happened but I have the built-in administrator account active and it’s telling me that the time has run out as if it were a child account in a Microsoft family. I can’t imagine how it would have been added to a family without a microsoft account tied to it. It says that the time will come back automatically at 12:00am but I waited until about that time to check and it had the same error message. When I checked my microsoft family for the admin account, assuming it somehow got added to the family as a child, it was not listed. How could this have happened, and how can I fix the administrator system account so it goes back to not having time restrictions?

:)

PastAttorney353, Jul 8, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Shahjahan Win User
    Deleting an Local Administrator Account

Hello Thanks for your reply, I red the article and followed the steps within my capacity, however still having the same problem technically I do not see the delete link at the Administrator Account like it is at the other one...So confusing pls check the image - Thanks
    Local Administrator account locked by family time restrictions [​IMG]

Local Administrator account locked by family time restrictions [​IMG]

Shahjahan, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Local Administrator account locked by family time restrictions

Bypass Family Settings by conversion to Local Account

I assumed that you had created a child (family) account, not creating a local normal account then converting it.

In your case I would simply copy his personal stuff to an external backup drive, remove his account and start from scratch. Takes a few minutes but in doing so you get better control.

When you have removed his account, this is Phase 1 in recreating a controlled child account to him: Child Account - Add or Remove from Your Family in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums. When done, restore his personal content to respective folders under his user profile folder.

Doing this he has no way to switch to a local account.

Then, the more you have patience to read, the more practical tips you will get:

Kari, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Local Administrator account locked by family time restrictions

1. Local Administrator account locked by family time restrictions - Similar Threads - Local Administrator account

2. Locked out of local administrator's account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of local administrator's account: I'm currently logged out of my local administrator account and I don't know the password to it. It seems there is no way to reset it from a non-administrator account and I don't have a password reset disk. I need to be able to have administrator access for work but can't make...
  3. Locked out of local administrator's account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of local administrator's account: I'm currently logged out of my local administrator account and I don't know the password to it. It seems there is no way to reset it from a non-administrator account and I don't have a password reset disk. I need to be able to have administrator access for work but can't make...
  4. Locked out of local administrator's account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to remove family restriction at a local admin account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove family restriction at a local admin account?: I am using my WIN 11 PC with a local administrator account. My son accessed the Windows Store and maybe more with his email and downloaded a game in my account. As a result, my local account is linked to his family security and restricts my access.The computer is not...
  6. How to remove family restriction at a local admin account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove family restriction at a local admin account?: I am using my WIN 11 PC with a local administrator account. My son accessed the Windows Store and maybe more with his email and downloaded a game in my account. As a result, my local account is linked to his family security and restricts my access.The computer is not...
  7. Time Restrictions Family group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Time Restrictions Family group: I left the family group on my Microsoft account for I am no longer a child and removed myself from my old group my mom put me in when I was younger. Now it did remove the time restrictions but not for very long because as soon as I turned off my pc and turned it back on to...
  8. Restrictions to local account

Restrictions to local account: HiI would like to control what apps and how long can be used on local account. How it is possible to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restrictions-to-local-account/3efb3f72-f97b-4149-a4c7-edb4d41a40a2
  9. Locked out of local administrator account

Locked out of local administrator account: Window Version 1803 My Windows 10 local account has been locked out on a stand-alone offline computer. It is the administrator account and the only account on the PC. I cannot get back in as the account lockout duration was set to "0" - permanently locked until administrator...
  10. Locked out of local administrator account

in Windows 10 Support
    Locked out of local administrator account: Window Version 1803 My Windows 10 local account has been locked out on a stand-alone offline computer. It is the administrator account and the only account on the PC. I cannot get back in as the account lockout duration was set to "0" - permanently locked until administrator...