Windows 10: Uninstall Printer Driver in Windows 10

Discus and support Uninstall Printer Driver in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Uninstall Printer Driver in Windows 10 [img] Information When you remove a printer in Windows, the printer's driver is not uninstalled. You... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Uninstall Printer Driver in Windows 10

How to: Uninstall Printer Driver in Windows 10

Uninstall Printer Driver in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information When you remove a printer in Windows, the printer's driver is not uninstalled. You would need to manually uninstall the printer driver if wanted.

This tutorial will show you how uninstall a printer driver in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to uninstall a printer driver.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] Uninstall Printer Driver in Print Management
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type printmanagement.msc into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Print Management.

2. Expand open Print Servers, expand open your local print server (ex: "Brink-Desktop") for this PC, and open Drivers in the left pane of Print Management. (see screenshot below)

3. Select one or more drivers you want to uninstall in the middle pane of Print Management, right click or press and hold on the select driver(s), and click/tap on Remove Drive Package. (see screenshot above)

Tip You can press and hold the Ctrl key while clicking on drivers to select more than one driver.

4. Click/tap on Delete to confirm. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

6. You can now close Print Management if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Uninstall Printer Driver in Print Server Properties
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type printui /s /t2 into Run, and click/tap on OK to directly open Print Server Properties.

2. Click/tap on the Drivers tab, and click/tap on the Change Driver Settings at the bottom to "Run as administrator". (see screenshot below)

3. Select one or more drivers you want to uninstall, and click/tap on the Remove button. (see screenshot below)

Tip You can press and hold the Ctrl key while clicking on drivers to select more than one driver.

4. Select (dot) Remove driver only or Remove driver and driver package (recommended) for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on Yes to confirm (1 of 2). (see screenshots below)

6. Click/tap on Delete to confirm (2 of 2). (see screenshot below)

7. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

8. When finished, click/tap on Close. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] Uninstall Printer Driver in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2. Click/tap on Printers & scanners on the left side, click/tap on the Printer server properties link towards the bottom on the right side, and go to step 2 in Option Two above. (see screenshot below)

OPTION FOUR [/i] Uninstall Printer Driver in Control Panel
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Devices and Printers icon.

2. Select any printer, click/tap on the Printer server properties button on the toolbar at the top, and go to step 2 in Option Two above. (see screenshot below)

OPTION FIVE [/i] Uninstall Printer Driver in Printers folder
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type explorer shell:::{2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D} into Run, and click/tap on OK to open the Printers folder.

2. Right click or press and hold on an empty area in the Printers folder, click/tap on Server properties, and go to step 2 in Option Two above. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 12, 2017

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Uninstall Printer Driver in Windows 10 :confused:

oli_ramsay, Oct 26, 2019
  3. uninstall old printer drivers

Please try the steps recommended below to uninstall printer software

Press Windows key + X, click Apps & Features or Programs and Features

Select your printer.

Select Uninstall.

Press Windows key + R, type control, hit Enter

Open Devices and Printers.

In the Devices and Printers window look for your Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”

Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.

Type printui.exe /s and click OK.

Click on Drivers tab.

Look for Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.

Select OK.

Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.

Close Devices and Printers.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Uninstall Printer Driver in Windows 10

Unable to remove a printer gone in "Unspecified" group

An outdated, or incompatible printer driver could be causing the issue. We suggest that you update your printer driver, or
    uninstall the printer driver; then, restart the computer, and have Windows install the latest driver automatically. Check the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Locate the printer driver and uninstall it.
    • Restart the computer.

Keep us posted.

Michael Gall, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Printers in windows 10

Hello Rocky,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

With the issue description, I understand that after installing Windows 10 operating system you are not able to print from your computer. I will certainly help you in getting this fixed. I would appreciate if you could help me
    with more information:

• What is the make & model number of the printer?

• Is this a wired printer or wireless printer?
    Make sure that the printer is enabled in “devices and printer” by following below steps:

• Press “Windows key”, click on “Settings

• Click on “Devices”, now click on “Printer & Scanners” in the left pane

• Click on “Devices and Printers

• Right click on the printer and “Enable” it, now try to use the printer.

There might be a possibility that while upgrading/installing Windows 10, printer drivers might get corrupt. Hence you are facing issues while printing. I would suggest you to follow the below methods and check if that helps:

Method 1: Printer Troubleshooter

The built-in Printer Troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues while printing. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue
    with the sound. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Printer troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2:
    Uninstall and Reinstall the Printer's Driver

Step 1: Uninstall the Printer's Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device
      Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Printer from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this
      device
      ” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2:
    Go to the Printer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the printer model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Try method 3, if the issue persist

Method 3:
    Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is
      done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

SujataMoktan, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Uninstall Printer Driver in Windows 10

1. Uninstall Printer Driver in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Uninstall Printer Driver

2. Windows 10 printer drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 printer drivers: I have a Cannon printer with it's own driver. I would like to have Windows 10 driver for my printer. How can I do this?David Hunt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-printer-drivers/77fe1719-2ff1-42e5-8636-7a78f4c9fdbb
  3. Remove or Uninstall Printer Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove or Uninstall Printer Driver: I've searched and searched, and the methods I have found all require printmanagement.msc which no longer exists. I have changed printers. I have removed the old printer from Printers & Scanners.I have removed the associated programs from Apps.Programs such as Word and...
  4. Remove or Uninstall Printer Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove or Uninstall Printer Driver: I've searched and searched, and the methods I have found all require printmanagement.msc which no longer exists. I have changed printers. I have removed the old printer from Printers & Scanners.I have removed the associated programs from Apps.Programs such as Word and...
  5. Remove or Uninstall Printer Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Keep getting HP Printer driver updates for printer that was uninstalled

Keep getting HP Printer driver updates for printer that was uninstalled: HP printer driver updates reinstall on my desktop despite the HP Printer having been uninstalled long ago and it does not appear on the printer device list. I just recently was advised on how to stop the windows HP Printer updates, which worked, but now see in the update...
  7. Uninstalling Epson Printer Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling Epson Printer Driver: I do not recall installing Epson Printer Drivers as I d not have an Epson Printer I tried to uninstall in from System application program, It does not allow . Please asssist...
  8. Uninstalling a printer.

Uninstalling a printer.: I replaced my Epson XP-4100 with an HP printer but when I go into Control Panel, uninstall a Program and CL on uninstall, it won't do so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalling-a-printer/e3471560-ea18-40c0-9cf1-11ed26c59793
  9. printer uninstall

printer uninstall: I am trying to uninstall a printer from my laptop and it is froze up saying removing device for over an hour now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-uninstall/09c980b0-664e-43ca-a6d8-c5d74e040a4c
  10. Old Printer Driver Won't Uninstall

Old Printer Driver Won't Uninstall: Hey guys, so every time I've been restarting my computer for the last few months after updating to windows 10, there is an old HP Printer driver that has been trying to update. However, it has never done so successfully and it adds an extra 10-15 minutes to my restart time...