Windows 10: Remove Printer in Windows 10

Discus and support Remove Printer in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Remove Printer in Windows 10 [img] Information If you have a printer in Windows 10 that you no longer want added, then you can remove the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Remove Printer in Windows 10

How to: Remove Printer in Windows 10

Remove Printer in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information If you have a printer in Windows 10 that you no longer want added, then you can remove the printer.

This tutorial will show you different ways on how to remove a printer in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to remove a printer.

Note Removing a printer does not uninstall its driver. You would need to manually uninstall the printer driver if wanted.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] Remove a Printer in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2. Click/tap on Printers & scanners on the left side, click/tap on printer (ex: "HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 PCL 6") you want to remove on the right side, and click/tap on Remove device. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Yes to confirm. (see screenshot below)

4. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Remove a Printer in Control Panel
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Devices and Printers icon.

2. Right click or press and hold on the printer (ex: "HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 PCL 6") you want to remove, and click/tap on Remove device. (see screenshot below)

4. You can now close Devices and Printers if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] Remove a Printer in Print Management
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type printmanagement.msc into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Print Management.

2. Expand open Print Servers, expand open your local print server (ex: "Brink-Desktop") for this PC, and open Printers in the left pane of Print Management. (see screenshot below)

3. Right click or press and hold on the printer (ex: "HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 PCL 6") you want to remove in the middle pane of Print Management, and click/tap on Delete. (see screenshot above)

4. Click/tap on Yes to confirm. (see screenshot below)

5. You can now close Print Management if you like.

OPTION FOUR [/i] Remove a Printer in Printers folder
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type explorer shell:::{2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D} into Run, and click/tap on OK to open the Printers folder.

2. Right click or press and hold on the printer (ex: "HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 PCL 6") you want to remove, and click/tap on Delete. (see screenshot below)

4. You can now close the Printers folder if you like.

OPTION FIVE [/i] Remove a Printer in Device Manager
    1. Open the Win+X menu, and click/tap on Device Manager.

2. Expand open Print queues or Printers, right click or press and hold on the printer (ex: "HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 PCL 6") you want to remove, and click/tap on Uninstall device. (see screenshots below)

3. Click/tap on Uninstall to confirm. (see screenshot below)

4. You can now close Device Manager if you like.

OPTION SIX [/i] Remove a Printer in PowerShell

Note To see more usage options for the Remove-Printer command, see: Remove-Printer | Microsoft Docs

1. Open an elevated PowerShell.

2. Copy and paste the command below into the elevated PowerShell, and press Enter to see a list of all your printers. Make note of the name (ex: "HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 PCL 6") of the printer you want to remove. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Get-Printer | Format-List Name

3. Type the command below into the elevated PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Remove-Printer -Name "Printer name"

Note Substitute Printer name in the command above with the actual name (ex: "HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 PCL 6") of the printer from step 2 you want to remove.

For example: Remove-Printer -Name "HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 PLC 6"

4. You can now close the elevated PowerShell if you like.

OPTION SEVEN [/i] Remove a Printer in Command Prompt
    1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. Copy and paste the command below into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter to see a list of all your printers. Make note of the name (ex: "HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 PCL 6") of the printer you want to remove. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow wmic printer get name

3. Type the command below into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow printui.exe /dl /n "Printer name"

Note Substitute Printer name in the command above with the actual name (ex: "HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 PCL 6") of the printer from step 2 you want to remove.

For example: printui.exe /dl /n "HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 PLC 6"

4. You can now close the elevated command prompt if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 2, 2017

2. Hp 3520 printer can't remove

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can uninstall the printer software from your system:

Step 1: Remove the printer from the devices list.

Remove printers and uninstall any Windows print drivers using Windows
    Devices and Printers.

• If your printer connects to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.

• Turn the printer off and on again, and make sure that it is in a ready state.

• Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers in the list of results.

• Right-click the printer icon (
      Remove Printer in Windows 10 c01514371.gif
      ) for your printer, and then click
      Remove Device. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

• If multiple icons exist for the printer, remove them all.

Step 2: Locating the List of Installed Printer Drivers and removing them.

Follow the steps below:

1. Select Device and Printers
    from Control Panel.

2. Click one time on the printer which you want to uninstall, then click the
    Print Server Properties button in the horizontal blue bar at the top of the window.

3. Click the
    Drivers
    tab at the top of this window.

4. click the old printer driver you want to remove, then click the
    Remove button at the bottom of the window.

5. Click the option to the left of
    Remove driver and driver package, then click the OK button.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Window 10 - printer device will not remove

Hi,

Let us verify some information to properly assist you with this issue. Are you using Windows 10 Pro? If you are, please check out the troubleshooting steps shared by
    Ramesh Srinivasan on this
    link

You may also use the Print Management to remove the printer. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows key, and type Print Management on the search bar
    • Select Print Management.
    • Once the page opens, go to Customer Files > All Printers.
    • Look for the printer that you want to remove, right-click it and select
      Delete

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Unable to remove a printer gone in "Unspecified" group

An outdated, or incompatible printer driver could be causing the issue. We suggest that you update your printer driver, or
    uninstall the printer driver; then, restart the computer, and have Windows install the latest driver automatically. Check the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Locate the printer driver and uninstall it.
    • Restart the computer.

Keep us posted.

Michael Gall, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Remove Printer in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remove Printer

2. I have windows 11, I am having trouble with my printer. I tried removing it so I could...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have windows 11, I am having trouble with my printer. I tried removing it so I could...: I have windows 11, I am having trouble with my printer. I tried removing it so I could reinstall it. It is stuck in removing device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-windows-11-i-am-having-trouble-with-my/d7f0f076-e758-4f56-9a9b-57429c20b9c5
  3. I have windows 11, I am having trouble with my printer. I tried removing it so I could...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have windows 11, I am having trouble with my printer. I tried removing it so I could...: I have windows 11, I am having trouble with my printer. I tried removing it so I could reinstall it. It is stuck in removing device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-windows-11-i-am-having-trouble-with-my/d7f0f076-e758-4f56-9a9b-57429c20b9c5
  4. Windows 11 23H2 KB5034765 2024-02 Cumulative update removed all printers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 23H2 KB5034765 2024-02 Cumulative update removed all printers.: We pushed out last week the latest Windows 11 2024-02 Cumulative update KB5034765 and users are reporting all added printers are gone. We have had to manaully add printers back....
  5. Windows 11 23H2 KB5034765 2024-02 Cumulative update removed all printers.

Windows 11 23H2 KB5034765 2024-02 Cumulative update removed all printers.: We pushed out last week the latest Windows 11 2024-02 Cumulative update KB5034765 and users are reporting all added printers are gone. We have had to manaully add printers back....
  6. Why did Windows 11 remove printers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did Windows 11 remove printers?: Struggling to get my HP printers apps, I was able to do ager contacting MS, Dell and HP several attempts toget advice. HP actualy added viable operational apps online.This was easy to do 5 days ago. testing, and; worked.SO why did windows 11 remove or deny access HP 400 color...
  7. Why did Windows 11 remove printers?

Why did Windows 11 remove printers?: Struggling to get my HP printers apps, I was able to do ager contacting MS, Dell and HP several attempts toget advice. HP actualy added viable operational apps online.This was easy to do 5 days ago. testing, and; worked.SO why did windows 11 remove or deny access HP 400 color...
  8. How can I remove a wifi direct printer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove a wifi direct printer?: My printer supports wifi direct connection, so I tried to connect to my printer via wifi direct. It has been added in the list settings->Bluetooth & devices -> Printers & scanners, but it's been marked with a message ,'Driver is unavailable', and it doesn't work. So, I just...
  9. How can I remove a wifi direct printer?

How can I remove a wifi direct printer?: My printer support wifi direct connection, so I tried to connect to my printer via wifi direct. It has been added in the list settings->Bluetooth & devices -> Printers & scanners, but it's been marked with a message ,'Driver is unavailable', and it doesn't work. So, I just...
  10. My Local USB connected printers removed

My Local USB connected printers removed: Hello, Since about two weeks it appears that my local USB Connected printers disappear from the Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Control-panel Devices and printers. They are no longer available. If I restart my PC, one of the printers is back and available. The other printer which is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. propiedades de impresora kyocera Contabilidad de trabajos