Windows 10: Not able to project my Andriod phone screen on Windows 10 using "Connect" App

Discus and support Not able to project my Andriod phone screen on Windows 10 using "Connect" App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Im having issues projecting my android screen to my windows 10 laptop. I open the connect app on my laptop, but my android devices are unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EthanFarrell1, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Not able to project my Andriod phone screen on Windows 10 using "Connect" App

Hello, Im having issues projecting my android screen to my windows 10 laptop. I open the connect app on my laptop, but my android devices are unable to see my computer via the cast option on Android. Im usually pretty tech savvy but this one has me stumped. I am unsure if both devices need to be connected to the same WiFi. Ive tried that. Ultimately id like to be able to cast the screen without being on wifi. My cell phone plan now has truly unlimited data with no data caps(unable to use android hotspot). So it would be awesome to be able to cast netflix ect to my laptop so i can hook up my laptop to my tv via HDMI. Thanks in advance for all the help.

:)

EthanFarrell1, Oct 13, 2019

2. Connect and Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC

How to Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC

The Projecting to this PC feature uses the Connect app to allow you to wirelessly project your Windows Phone, another PC, or Android devices to the screen of this PC, and use its keyboard, mouse, and other devices too.

Some Windows and Android devices can project to your PC when you say it's ok.

This tutorial will show you how to connect and project an Android phone to the screen of your wireless Windows 10 PC.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Connect and Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC
    • Option Two: Disconnect and Stop Projecting Android Phone from Screen on Windows 10 PC

Not able to project my Andriod phone screen on Windows 10 using "Connect" App [​IMG]
    OPTION ONE
    Not able to project my Andriod phone screen on Windows 10 using "Connect" App [​IMG]
    Connect and Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC
    1. Make sure both the Android phone (ex: Galaxy S9) and Windows 10 PC are turned on and connected to the network using Wi-Fi.

2. If you haven't already, you will need to first set the Projecting to this PC settings on your Windows 10 PC to either Available everywhere or Available everywhere on secure networks for the type of wireless network connection used.

3. Swipe down from the top of your Android Phone to open the notification center, and tap on Smart View. (see screenshots below)

*note If you don't see the Smart View setting, then swipe left in the notification center to see more settings.

4. Tap on your available Windows 10 PC when it has been discovered. (see screenshot below)

5. On the Windows 10 PC, if Asked to Project to this PC, select how to allow or block, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshots below)

6. On the Windows 10 PC, if require PIN for pairing, make note of the PIN provided by the Connect app. (see screenshot below)

A) On the Android phone, type the PIN, and tap on Connect. (see screenshot below)

7. On the Adroid phone, tap on OK when projecting to the Windows 10 PC. (see screenshot below)

8. The Android phone will now be projecting to the screen on the Windows 10 PC using the Connect app. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO
    Disconnect and Stop Projecting Android Phone from Screen on Windows 10 PC
    1. Press the Power button on your Android phone to use its screen.

2. Tap on the Smart View button on your home screen. (see screenshot below)

3. Tap on Disconnect in the Smart View menu. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Not able to project my Andriod phone screen on Windows 10 using "Connect" App

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Ideally, to project the screen from your Android phone to Windows 10 PC, both the devices should be connected to same network. One the devices are connected to the same network, you will be able to cast the screen.

For more information, see
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Not able to project my Andriod phone screen on Windows 10 using "Connect" App

Hello, Im having issues projecting my android screen to my windows 10 laptop. I open the connect app on my laptop, but my android devices are unable to see my computer via the cast option on Android. Im usually pretty tech savvy but this one has me stumped.
    I am unsure if both devices need to be connected to the same WiFi. Ive tried that. Ultimately id like to be able to cast the screen without being on wifi. My cell phone plan now has truly unlimited data with no data caps(unable to use android hotspot). So
    it would be awesome to be able to cast netflix ect to my laptop so i can hook up my laptop to my tv via HDMI. Thanks in advance for all the help.

EthanFarrell1, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Not able to project my Andriod phone screen on Windows 10 using "Connect" App - Similar Threads - able project Andriod

2. Not able to Project Another screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to Project Another screen: my laptop will not project to my tv screen/ another PC screen any more and it did before I use a HDMI cord. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-project-another-screen/25c4bc7b-88bd-4e04-9a09-93a8542b5af5
  3. Not able to Project Another screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to Project Another screen: my laptop will not project to my tv screen/ another PC screen any more and it did before I use a HDMI cord. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-project-another-screen/25c4bc7b-88bd-4e04-9a09-93a8542b5af5
  4. Not able to Project Another screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Projection / Connect app using mismatched colour spaces

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Projection / Connect app using mismatched colour spaces: Hello,I have been trying to wirelessly extend my Windows 10 laptop display to another Windows 10 PC. However, I noticed that the images casted to the external display connected via VGA were quite blown out. I believe this is because the laptop is casting at a "Full" RGB range...
  6. Windows 10 Projection / Connect app using mismatched colour spaces

Windows 10 Projection / Connect app using mismatched colour spaces: Hello,I have been trying to wirelessly extend my Windows 10 laptop display to another Windows 10 PC. However, I noticed that the images casted to the external display connected via VGA were quite blown out. I believe this is because the laptop is casting at a "Full" RGB range...
  7. Not able to project my android phone screen to my laptop via "connect"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to project my android phone screen to my laptop via "connect": I have tried everything in projecting to this PC solution like restarting devices, adding the optional feature, etc but not able to display my android phone screen to my laptop. In the end, when we see the blue projecting screen it just loads but does not connect to my phone....
  8. Not able to project my android phone screen to my laptop via "connect"

Not able to project my android phone screen to my laptop via "connect": I have tried everything in projecting to this PC solution like restarting devices, adding the optional feature, etc but not able to display my android phone screen to my laptop. In the end, when we see the blue projecting screen it just loads but does not connect to my phone....
  9. Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC: How to: Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC How to Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC The Projecting to this PC feature uses the Connect app to allow you to wirelessly project your Windows Phone, another PC, or Android devices to the screen of...
  10. Windows 10 or Andriod?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 or Andriod?: I'm a little confused about Windows 10 (Pro). When I first started my new computer, it looked like android with apps (titles), but I didn't like that, so now my computers runs and looks like Windows 7 (Pro). Lately, I've been playing a game that runs on Android only, and...