Windows 10: Projecting to this PC from Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Discus and support Projecting to this PC from Windows 10 Mobile Phone in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Projecting to this PC from Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Project to this PC from Windows 10 Mobile Phone The Projecting to this PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by jmcgrath, Sep 28, 2017.

1. jmcgrath Win User

Projecting to this PC from Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to: Projecting to this PC from Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Project to this PC from Windows 10 Mobile Phone

The Projecting to this PC feature uses the Connect app to allow you to wirelessly project your Windows Phone, another PC, or Android devices to the screen of this PC, and use its keyboard, mouse, and other devices too.

Starting with Windows 10 build 14328, there is separate settings available for Projecting to this PC if your PC has Wi-Fi.

Windows PCs and phones can project to your PC when you say it's OK.

This tutorial will show you how to connect and project a Windows 10 Mobile phone to your wireless Windows 10 PC.

*note Your PC might have trouble displaying the content of the projected Windows 10 Mobile phone or Windows 10 PC if its hardware wasn't specifically optimized for Miracast.

Projecting to this PC from Windows 10 Mobile Phone [​IMG]

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Connect and Project Windows 10 Mobile Phone to Windows 10 PC
    • Option Two: To Disconnect and Stop Projecting Windows 10 Mobile Phone from Windows 10 PC

OPTION ONE [/i] To Connect and Project Windows 10 Mobile Phone to Windows 10 PC
    1. Make sure that both the Windows 10 Mobile phone and Windows 10 PC are turned on and connected to Wi-Fi.

2. If you haven't already, you will need to first set the Projecting to this PC settings on your Windows 10 PC to either Available everywhere or Available everywhere on secure networks for the type of wireless network connection used.

3. Open Settings on the Windows 10 Mobile phone, and tap on System. (see screenshot below)

4. On the Windows 10 Mobile phone, tap on Display. (see screenshot below)

5. On the Windows 10 Mobile phone, tap on the Connect to a wireless display link. (see screenshot below)

6. On the Windows 10 Mobile phone, tap on the listed PC name (ex: BRINK-SURFACE) you want to project to. (see screenshot below)

7. On the Windows 10 PC, if Asked to Project to this PC, click/tap on Yes to allow the Windows 10 Mobile phone (ex: Brink phone) to project to this PC. (see screenshot below)

8. If the Windows 10 PC requires a PIN for pairing, then make note of the PIN (ex: 70022957) provided by the Connect app on the Windows 10 PC. (see screenshot below)

A) On the Windows 10 Mobile phone, enter the PIN (ex: 70022957), and tap on Connect. (see screenshot below)

9. The Windows 10 Mobile phone will now be projecting on the Windows 10 PC using the Connect app. (see screenshots below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Disconnect and Stop Projecting Windows 10 Mobile Phone from Windows 10 PC
    1. Do step 2 (from PC) or step 3 (from phone) below for how you want to disconnect and stop projecting the Windows 10 Mobile phone.

2. To Disconnect Windows 10 Mobile Phone from Windows 10 PC
    A) On the Windows 10 PC, close the Connect app. The Windows 10 Mobile phone will automatically disconnect after a few moments. (see screenshot below)

3. To Disconnect Windows 10 Mobile Phone from Phone
    A) On the Windows 10 Mobile phone, tap on the Disconnect button in Connect settings. (see screenshot below)

*note Steps 3 to 5 in Option One above will show you how to open Connect settings on the Windows 10 Mobile phone.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

jmcgrath, Sep 28, 2017

2. Project my screen app not working.

In windows 8.1 mobile i was able to project my phone screen on my pc via USB but now in windows 10 mobile the message to project or not doesn't pop up and of course project my screen app doesn't work. How do i fix this problem? Please reply!

Flogertndou, Sep 28, 2017
  3. Brown Bob Win User
    Projecting to this PC

Hi there

I'm projecting from the mobile running 10.0.14393.693 build of Windows 10 Mobile to my VAIO PC. So VAIO SVF15 is my PC I'm projecting to. Both projecting and Continuum as an independent screen work fine except I cannot use my keyboard, mouse and touch
    screen of my VAIO PC in Continuum and I have a message mentioned above in the 'Connect' app. When I disconnect the mobile, I can see this message which exactly matches the screenshot posted by the topic starter.

Brown Bob, Sep 28, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello jmcgrath, *Smile

Double check to make sure step 2 is set on your PC, and see if trying again may allow it to be successful this round.

Brink, Sep 29, 2017
  5. jmcgrath Win User
    Hi Brink, I verified everything again but it still fails. The PC reports my phone "about to project". So they see each other. My phone momentarily flashes a screen that indicates they're connected but it immediately disappears. The PC reports then "something went wrong try again". Very strange. Could it be something with the WiFi settings somewhere?

jmcgrath, Sep 29, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hmm, I just tested on my laptop with build 16299, and it just fails to connect now.

Brink, Sep 29, 2017
  7. jmcgrath Win User
    Maybe I'm not alone in the wilderness. Projecting to this PC from Windows 10 Mobile Phone :) I'll keep trying let me know if you get it to work again. Thanks.

jmcgrath, Sep 29, 2017
  8. jmcgrath Win User

FYI, I am running build 16299 also.

jmcgrath, Sep 29, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 29, 2017
  10. jmcgrath Win User
    I've up voted somebody else's report about having the same problem with their 650. I also did a recreation capture and submitted it. Hopefully it will get their attention in time to fix it before they do a final release build of RS3. Thanks, Brink

jmcgrath, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Projecting to this PC from Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Similar Threads - Projecting Mobile Phone

2. Issue transferring files from mobile phone to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue transferring files from mobile phone to PC: Hi,I have always had issues transferring files from my mobile android to PC, because the windows Photo app which I didn't want to use repeatedly got in the way causing problems. Today I found a question/answer to remove Photos from my PC which I did via Windows Power...
  3. Issue transferring files from mobile phone to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue transferring files from mobile phone to PC: Hi,I have always had issues transferring files from my mobile android to PC, because the windows Photo app which I didn't want to use repeatedly got in the way causing problems. Today I found a question/answer to remove Photos from my PC which I did via Windows Power...
  4. Issue transferring files from mobile phone to PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. wireless projecting Pc to mobile ??

in Windows 10 Customization
    wireless projecting Pc to mobile ??: Im able to wirelessly mirror cast my mobile to my pc - but can it be done vise versa ?? wireless projecting Pc to mobile ??? I can not find any youtube links for this - only links for the method I already have....
  6. Cast mobile phone to Windows PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cast mobile phone to Windows PC?: Just got YouTube TV on my phone and I want to cast it toy PC. Is it possible to get the application form Microsoft store instead I have not found the exact same app so far searching Microsoft store. Can you download the playstore app and get it off there I'm sorry but I am...
  7. Projecting to this PC with Mobile Hotspot turned on ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Projecting to this PC with Mobile Hotspot turned on ?: Hi. I'm on Windows 10 Pro version 1909 trying to cast my Android phone to Windows 10 with Mobile Hotspot turned on. The phone is connected to the internet with Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot, but the screen cast is only is working when Mobile Hotspot is turned off. Is there a...
  8. Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC: How to: Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC How to Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC The Projecting to this PC feature uses the Connect app to allow you to wirelessly project your Windows Phone, another PC, or Android devices to the screen of...
  9. Get Windows 10 Mobile Phone Notifications from Cortana on PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Get Windows 10 Mobile Phone Notifications from Cortana on PC: How to: Get Windows 10 Mobile Phone Notifications from Cortana on PC How to Turn On or Off Get Windows 10 Mobile Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC Cortana is your digital cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft...
  10. Pair Bluetooth Windows 10 Mobile Phone with Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pair Bluetooth Windows 10 Mobile Phone with Windows 10 PC: How to: Pair Bluetooth Windows 10 Mobile Phone with Windows 10 PC How to Pair Windows 10 Mobile Phone with Windows 10 PC using Bluetooth [img] Information Bluetooth is a short range wireless technology which enables wireless data transmission between two...