Windows 10: Turn On or Off Projecting to this PC in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Projecting to this PC in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Projecting to this PC in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Projecting to this PC in Windows 10 The Projecting to this PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Projecting to this PC in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Projecting to this PC in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Projecting to this PC in Windows 10

The Projecting to this PC feature uses the Connect app to allow you to wirelessly project your Windows Phone, another PC, or Android devices to the screen of this PC, and use its keyboard, mouse, and other devices too.

Starting with Windows 10 build 14328, there is separate settings available for Projecting to this PC if your PC has Wi-Fi.

Starting with Windows 10 build 14385, Projecting to a PC auto-discoverability is off by default.

Windows PCs and phones can project to your PC when you say it's OK.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off Projecting to this PC for all users in Windows 10.

*note Your PC might have trouble displaying the content of the Windows 10 Mobile phone or Windows 10 PC if its hardware wasn't specifically optimized for Miracast.

*note Your PC can on be projected to on private and domain networks, but not on public networks.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off "Projecting to this PC" in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off "Projecting to this PC" using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off "Projecting to this PC" in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Projecting to this PC on the left side. (see screenshot below)

3. Select Available everywhere on secure networks, Available everywhere, or Always Off (default) under Some Windows and Android devices can project to this PC when you say it's OK on the right side for what you want.

4. You may also wish to change the This PC can be discovered for projection only when it is plugged in settings.

5. You can now close Settings if you like.

Turn On or Off Projecting to this PC in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off "Projecting to this PC" using a REG file

*note You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do this option.

The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD values in the registry keys below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MiracastReceiver

NetworkQualificationEnabled DWORD

0 = Always Off/Available everywhere
    1 = Available everywhere on secure networks

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PlayToReceiver

AutoEnabled DWORD

0 = Always Off
    1 = Available everywhere/Available everywhere on secure networks

1. Do step 2 (Windows manage), step 3 (on), step 4 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Set Projecting to this PC as "Available everywhere on secure networks"
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Project_to_this_PC-Available_on_secure_networks.reg

Download

3. To Set Projecting to this PC as "Available everywhere"
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Project_to_this_PC-Available_everywhere.reg

Download

4. To Turn Projecting to this PC "Always Off"
    *note This is the default setting.

Project_to_this_PC-Always_Off.reg

Download
    5. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

6. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

7. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

8. If you like, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Dec 17, 2017
  2. Jeraldine Ase, Oct 26, 2019
  3. DanielB# Win User
    Projecting to this PC

I am trying to project my windows phone to my windows 10 PC however in the "Projecting to this PC" section of settings the options are greyed out and it states in red:

"we are still trying to determine the feature capabilities"

anyone have a suggestion so I can turn on the projections setting?

DanielB#, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Projecting to this PC in Windows 10

Projecting to this PC

I am trying to project my windows phone to my windows 10 PC however in the "Projecting to this PC" section of settings the options are greyed out and it states in red:

"we are still trying to determine the feature capabilities"

anyone have a suggestion so I can turn on the projections setting?

Leslie J.Sampher, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Project to my pc option missing

Hello,

One of the new features added to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update is called
    Projecting to this PC
    . It was designed to allow you to use a Wi-Fi connection to project the display from a Windows 10 computer or phone to another Windows 10 computer using a wireless network.

To use the Projecting to this PC feature on Windows 10, you need to customize the settings and then use Connect app to establish a connection.

Customizing Project to this PC on Windows 10

• Open Settings.
    • Under System, click on Projecting to this PC.
    • Customize Windows PCs and phone can project to this PC when say it's OK to make your device discoverable by other device you're trying to project.
    Projecting a device to computer

• Open Connect app on the device that you're tying to project a remote screen.
    • On the remote device (phone or other Windows 10 PC) please do the following:
    a. Open Action Center.

b. Click the Connect button.

c. Click the name of the device you're trying to project.

d. Check the Allow input from a keyboard or mouse connected to this display
    option.

Update us on the outcome.

Antoneth Ber, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Projecting to this PC in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Projecting to this PC in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Projecting

2. Cannot project to monitor when turned off HDR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot project to monitor when turned off HDR: Normally, the monitor will auto-project and change the display to fit with screen properties when I connect a monitor to my laptop and close the laptop lid.This time, I use a new S32A70 monitor and found the HDR toggle option in Display setting of Windows 10 version 21H2. I...
  3. Cannot project to monitor when turned off HDR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot project to monitor when turned off HDR: Normally, the monitor will auto-project and change the display to fit with screen properties when I connect a monitor to my laptop and close the laptop lid.This time, I use a new S32A70 monitor and found the HDR toggle option in Display setting of Windows 10 version 21H2. I...
  4. Cannot project to monitor when turned off HDR

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Pc turning off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pc turning off: So recently my pc started randomly turning off, but in quite weird way. The screen always turns black and after while my pc goes to the normal part where you put in the password so you get into your account, but the actual computer never turns off so iam not even close...
  6. Pc turns off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc turns off: This has happened twice while gaming on my laptop.It turns off completely than won't turn on unless I remove the battery and put it back in after that it sais bios battery low and to select date. I exit out it sais check media fail than I work normally with the computer....
  7. Projecting to this PC with Mobile Hotspot turned on ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Projecting to this PC with Mobile Hotspot turned on ?: Hi. I'm on Windows 10 Pro version 1909 trying to cast my Android phone to Windows 10 with Mobile Hotspot turned on. The phone is connected to the internet with Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot, but the screen cast is only is working when Mobile Hotspot is turned off. Is there a...
  8. PC not turning off

in Windows 10 Support
    PC not turning off: i upgraded my Win 10 PC, new MB, CPU, RAM & HDD a while ago but not really used it too much The problem i have is that the PC doesn't shut down and clicking on start > shut down, it just reboots. When i press the on button on the case for 5+ seconds to turn the PC off it...
  9. Turn On/Off Projecting to this PC Only when Plugged In in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On/Off Projecting to this PC Only when Plugged In in Windows 10: How to: Turn On/Off Projecting to this PC Only when Plugged In in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Projecting to this PC Only when Plugged In in Windows 10 The Projecting to this PC feature uses the Connect app to allow you to wirelessly project your Windows Phone,...
  10. Turn On or Off Require PIN for Projecting to this PC in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Require PIN for Projecting to this PC in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Require PIN for Projecting to this PC in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Require PIN for Pairing when Projecting to this PC in Windows 10 The Projecting to this PC feature uses the Connect app to allow you to wirelessly project your Windows...