Windows 10: OneDrive and files access / delete

Discus and support OneDrive and files access / delete in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Had OneDrive running on my pc for some time, then I have stopped the synchronization lately. I have also an external HDD for primary back-up. Over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VasileR., Oct 16, 2019.

1. VasileR. Win User

OneDrive and files access / delete

Had OneDrive running on my pc for some time, then I have stopped the synchronization lately.

I have also an external HDD for primary back-up.

Over the weekend I have back-up all my data on the external HDD, checked important folders to have the same amount of data, files, etc on the external HDD as on the primary SSD. In some cases I had more bits, files and folders on the back-up than on the SSD. Then I have done a clean install of Windows 10 on my SSD. Upon reinstall, OneDrive was restarted and then all hell broke loose.

The back-up files on HDD I have copied on my SSD, but without any explanation as to what had happened, some of the files and folders made after the OneDrive was stopped sometime in late July 2019, can't be found anywhere - SDD, external HDD. Not all file but some (word, pdf and jpeg).

It seems that OneDrive when synchronizing is not copying the files I have on my SSD online rather back-up the online files onto my SSD. Should that happen?

The files and folders missing are very important and I need to recover but I don't know what causes the loss in the first place.

:)

VasileR., Oct 16, 2019

2. Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications when Many Files are Deleted in Cloud in OneDrive Settings

How to Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications in Windows 10 when Many Files are Deleted in Cloud

Microsoft account. OneDrive is integrated into Windows 10 where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online to OneDrive from any PC, tablet, or phone.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable OneDrive notifications for your account in Windows 10 when many files are deleted in the cloud.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications when Many Files are Deleted in Cloud in OneDrive Settings
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications when Many Files are Deleted in Cloud using a REG file

OneDrive and files access / delete [​IMG]
    OPTION ONE
    Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications when Many Files are Deleted in Cloud in OneDrive Settings
    1. Click/tap on the OneDrive icon
    in the notification area on the taskbar, click/tap on More, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

2. Click/tap on the Settings tab, check (enable - default) or uncheck (disable) the Notify me when many files are deleted in the cloud box under the bottom Notifications section, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO
    Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications when Many Files are Deleted in Cloud using a REG file
    *note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\OneDrive\Accounts\Personal

MassDeleteNotificationDisabled DWORD

0 = Enable
    1 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. Enable OneDrive Notifications when Many Files are Deleted in Cloud
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_OneDrive_notifications_when_many_files_deleted_in_cloud.reg

3. Disable OneDrive Notifications when Many Files are Deleted in Cloud
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_OneDrive_notifications_when_many_files_deleted_in_cloud.reg

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 16, 2019
  4. OneDrive and files access / delete

Manjunath_H, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive and files access / delete

1. OneDrive and files access / delete - Similar Threads - OneDrive files access

2. How can I delete OneDrive local files, without access to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I delete OneDrive local files, without access to OneDrive?: I've recently left the company I was working for, and no longer have access to my company OneDrive account. I was working from home after the pandemic, so I had sync'd one of our primary project folders to my home PC. It's over 300GB. Now that I'm no longer working for the...
  3. How can I delete OneDrive local files, without access to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I delete OneDrive local files, without access to OneDrive?: I've recently left the company I was working for, and no longer have access to my company OneDrive account. I was working from home after the pandemic, so I had sync'd one of our primary project folders to my home PC. It's over 300GB. Now that I'm no longer working for the...
  4. How can I delete OneDrive local files, without access to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleting files on OneDrive

Deleting files on OneDrive: I deleted two Microsoft Word documents in the OneDrive Desktop folder. I exited the folder but the files are still there - but I can't open, rename, hide or delete them, only move their location on the Desktop screen, because the 'file location wasn't found'. Help - what do I...
  6. Deleting files on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting files on OneDrive: I deleted two Microsoft Word documents in the OneDrive Desktop folder. I exited the folder but the files are still there - but I can't open, rename, hide or delete them, only move their location on the Desktop screen, because the 'file location wasn't found'. Help - what do I...
  7. Deleting files on OneDrive

8. OneDrive and File Deletion

OneDrive and File Deletion: On Windows 10, using MS File Explorer to elete a file that is in a directory where the settings are set to keep a copy on the pC and on OneDrive. Whe I delete some files, I get this message which makes me suspecious that there is something wrong. This only started a week...
  9. Onedrive folder/file deletion

Onedrive folder/file deletion: Had this issue before today's cum update and still there. Local folders created within the default folders (Docs, Pictures, etc) can't be deleted and files within can't be either. If files is in a default folder vs a personally created sub-folder, they behave normally and I...
  10. Deleting files in OneDrive

Deleting files in OneDrive: I have a lot of files I want to delete, and it is easier to do on the desktop than on the web. I have multiple images that are not local, but I have the icons showing. When I delete them, they download before they will delete which takes an inordinate amount of time. Is there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. MassDeleteNotificationDisabled

2. deactivate onedrive pc app and delete all file on it online