Windows 10: Turn On or Off OneDrive Notifications for Shared Files in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off OneDrive Notifications for Shared Files in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off OneDrive Notifications for Shared Files in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Notifications for OneDrive Shared Files in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off OneDrive Notifications for Shared Files in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off OneDrive Notifications for Shared Files in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Notifications for OneDrive Shared Files in Windows 10

You can use OneDrive to share photos, Microsoft Office documents, other files, and entire folders with people.

You can stop sharing an item, or change the permissions others have to it, if you are the owner of the item or have edit permissions.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to display notifications for your account in Windows 10 when people share with you or edit your shared files in OneDrive.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Notifications for OneDrive Shared Files in OneDrive Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Notifications for OneDrive Shared Files using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Notifications for OneDrive Shared Files in OneDrive Settings
    1. Right click or press and hold on the OneDrive
    Turn On or Off OneDrive Notifications for Shared Files in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    notification area icon on the taskbar, click/tap on the menu (3 dots) button, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

*note If you don't have the OneDrive notification area icon available, then open your OneDrive folder from File Explorer or Start menu to have it available afterwards.

2. In the Settings tab, check (on - default) or uncheck (off) the Display notifications when people share with me or edit my shared files box under the bottom Notifications section, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Notifications for OneDrive Shared Files using a REG file
    *note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\OneDrive\Accounts\Personal

ShareNotificationDisabled DWORD

0 = On
    1 = Off

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Notifications for OneDrive Shared Files
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_On_OneDrive_Share_notifications.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Notifications for OneDrive Shared Files
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_Off_OneDrive_Share_notifications.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 11, 2018
  2. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Easo Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Can we have rant-less version, please?

5. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Oct 26, 2019
  6. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off OneDrive Notifications for Shared Files in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off OneDrive

2. How to turn off OneDrive notification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off OneDrive notification?: Does anybody know where to turn off the OneDrive notification? I can't find it anywhere on the settings. It keeps getting annoying everytime it shows up....
  3. How to turn off OneDrive notification?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off OneDrive notification?: Does anybody know where to turn off the OneDrive notification? I can't find it anywhere on the settings. It keeps getting annoying everytime it shows up....
  4. How to turn off OneDrive notification?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Turning off notifications for onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning off notifications for onedrive: Hi, at first I didn't mind, but now I'm starting to get a bit frustrated because every single day it reminds me that onedrive is full. I can't get more space on it, can I somehow turn off that notifications? If so please tell me how....
  6. Turning off notifications for onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turning off notifications for onedrive: Hi, at first I didn't mind, but now I'm starting to get a bit frustrated because every single day it reminds me that onedrive is full. I can't get more space on it, can I somehow turn off that notifications? If so please tell me how....
  7. Turning off notifications for onedrive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10 File and printer sharing is the ability of a computer running Windows to share a folder or attached printer with other computers on a network....
  9. Turn On or Off OneDrive Fetch Files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off OneDrive Fetch Files in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off OneDrive Fetch Files in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off OneDrive Fetch Files on your PC in Windows 10 [img] Information OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online to...
  10. Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10 At Build 2017, Joe Belfiore announced that the new OneDrive Files On-Demand feature will be delivered with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update....