Windows 10: PC icon change PC case to Blue transparent cube in Control Panel

Discus and support PC icon change PC case to Blue transparent cube in Control Panel in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi dear mentors; My problem is; DESKTOP-PC icon in Control panel is changed PC case to Blue transparent cube ? what is this how to fix this ? [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KsKBeko, Nov 7, 2019.

1. KsKBeko Win User

PC icon change PC case to Blue transparent cube in Control Panel

Hi dear mentors;

My problem is; DESKTOP-PC icon in Control panel is changed PC case to Blue transparent cube ? what is this how to fix this ?

PC icon change PC case to Blue transparent cube in Control Panel [​IMG]

Thanks in advance and best regards

:)

KsKBeko, Nov 7, 2019
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Nov 7, 2019
  3. YanAndrew Win User
    How to Customise icons in the Control Panel

Hi Guys,

I have been using CustomiserGod to change the icons in Windows 10, but as we know the programme has its limitations as to which icons it can change. So my question is: Is there another way to change the icons in the control panel or any icons in Windows 10 anywhere?

I found a Windows 8 tutorial that tweaks the registry to change icons, but I'm not sure if it applies to Windows 10 as I couldn't change it after following the steps.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Andrew

YanAndrew, Nov 7, 2019
  4. PC icon change PC case to Blue transparent cube in Control Panel

Change Control Panel Icon for Current User

How to Change Control Panel Icon in File Explorer in Windows

You can use Control Panel to change settings for Windows. These settings control nearly everything about how Windows looks and works, and you can use them to set up Windows so that it's just right for you.

This tutorial will show you how to change the default icon for Control Panel in File Explorer to any icon for your account or all users in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

EXAMPLE: Default Control Panel icon in File Explorer

OPTION ONE
    Change Control Panel Icon for Current User

*note This option will override Option Two.

*note This option will only be applied to the current user, and no other user account on the PC.
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type regedit into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.

2. Navigate to the key below in the left pane of Registry Editor. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CLSID\{26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683}\DefaultIcon

*note If you do not have a {26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683} key, right click on the CLSID key, click/tap on New, click/tap on Key, type {26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683} for the name, and press Enter.

*note If you do not have a DefaultIcon key, right click on the {26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683} key, click/tap on New, click/tap on Key, type DefaultIcon for the name, and press Enter.

3. In the right pane of the DefaultIcon key, double click/tap on the (Default) string value (REG_SZ) to modify it. (see screenshot above)

4. Type the full path of the .ico file wrapped in quotes you want to use for the icon, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

*note The default icon is: %SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-27

5. You can now close Registry Editor if you like.

6. If File Explorer (Win+E) is currently open, close and reopen it to apply.

*note If the icon doesn't change, then sign in to apply instead.

OPTION TWO
    Change Control Panel Icon for All Users

*note You must be signed in as an administrator to do this option.

*note If any user uses Option One, it will override this option for their account.
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type regedit into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.

2. If you used Option One, delete the DefaultIcon key located below. (see screenshots below)
    *Arrow HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CLSID\{26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683}\DefaultIcon

3. Navigate to the key below in the left pane of Registry Editor. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683}\DefaultIcon

4. Change the owner of the DefaultIcon key to the Administrators group.

5. Change the permissions of the DefaultIcon key to "Allow" Administrators "Full control" of it.

6. In the right pane of the DefaultIcon key, double click/tap on the (Default) string value (REG_SZ) to modify it. (see screenshot above)

7. Type the full path of the .ico file wrapped in quotes you want to use for the icon, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

*note The .ico file will need to be saved at a location (ex: "C:\Windows" or "C:\Users\Public") that all users have access to. If it's not, the icon may show as a default folder for some users instead.

*note The default icon is: %SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-27

8. You can now close Registry Editor if you like.

9. If File Explorer (Win+E) is currently open, close and reopen it to apply.

*note If the icon doesn't change, then sign in to apply instead.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

PC icon change PC case to Blue transparent cube in Control Panel

1. PC icon change PC case to Blue transparent cube in Control Panel - Similar Threads - icon change case

2. Icons changed to transparent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons changed to transparent: After upgrade icons become transparent and I tried fixing it but still not fixed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-changed-to-transparent/f18a09e2-0508-429d-92f3-980e373729b1
  3. Icons changed to transparent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons changed to transparent: After upgrade icons become transparent and I tried fixing it but still not fixed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-changed-to-transparent/f18a09e2-0508-429d-92f3-980e373729b1
  4. Blanc icon in the control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Blanc icon in the control panel: I have in my control panel a blanc icon (no name) i don't no what is? can somebody help me i have already make IconCache.db delete and rebuild but no changing. Windows10 20H2 [img] 169935
  5. Control Panel Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel Icons: Hello, Could someone explain me I obtain these new icons in Control Panel. I've installed the French 2004 version updated June 2020 Build 19041.329 on two different machines. Fresh install after formatting the drive. One have these new icons, the other not. Many thanks for...
  6. Change control panel categories icons

Change control panel categories icons: In this tutorial explains how to change control panel icons, but some of them are missing, (all in categories list) Change Default Control Panel Icons in Windows 10 [img] How to change them? 146282
  7. Change Control Panel Icon

Change Control Panel Icon: Does anyone know how I can change the Control Panel icon? I have the Control Panel as a shortcut on my desktop. Can it be done with a reg key edit? Thanks 43982
  8. Change Default Control Panel Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Control Panel Icons in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Control Panel Icons in Windows 10 How to Change Default Control Panel Icons in Windows 10 In addition to Control Panel to change settings for Windows 10. These settings control nearly everything about how Windows looks and works, and you can use...
  9. Change Control Panel Icon in File Explorer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Control Panel Icon in File Explorer in Windows: How to: Change Control Panel Icon in File Explorer in Windows How to Change Control Panel Icon in File Explorer in Windows You can use Control Panel to change settings for Windows. These settings control nearly everything about how Windows looks and works, and you can...
  10. No Nvdia Icon in Control Panel

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No Nvdia Icon in Control Panel: Hmmn? I noticed Win 10 installed its own digitally signed driver says its the latest 5.362 but date is 22/07/2015 Downloading the latest drivers from Nvidia for my GTX970 shockingly my system reports that I can't install them. I don't know how I'm going to get the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. System32\imageres.dll