Windows 10: Preview pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Preview pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Preview pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Preview pane to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The preview... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Preview pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

How to: Preview pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

How to Add Preview pane to Context Menu in Windows 10

Preview pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information The preview pane shows you see the contents of a file, such as image or text files, without having to open it with an app.

By default, you can click/tap on Preview pane from the View tab in the ribbon of File Explorer to quickly toggle to show or hide the preview pane in File Explorer.

This tutorial will show you how to add Preview pane to the context menu in File Explorer for all users to quickly toggle the preview pane in Windows 10.

While you must be signed in as an administrator to add or remove the context menu, all users will be able to use the context menu.

Note Setting the preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer is a global setting that is applied to all folders, and not just in the current folder.

You can drag the left border of the preview pane left and right to increase or decrease its width in File Explorer.

If you set the preview pane to show, then it will replace the details pane if it is currently showing.

If you turn off thumbnail previews in File Explorer, image files will also not show a preview in the preview pane.

EXAMPLE: "Preview pane" context menu

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Preview pane" to Context Menu
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Preview_pane_to_context_menu.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Preview pane" from Context Menu
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Preview_pane_from_context_menu.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 3, 2017
  2. Eclassbud Win User

Video in the preview pane

Aileen,

Thank you so much for your reply.

What I really need to know is how get the video to play in the preview pane. Prior to Windows 10, this worked wonderfully and was an asset. Now, it requires making changes to the Windows registry - not recommended due to the enormous amount of issues with
    Windows 10.

Any other suggestions?

Eclassbud, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows 7 Preview Pane

I use the preview pane quite often so I can watch videos without having to launch an application to play them. I do this with mostly with tutorials. Most of the tutorials were in quicktime format; quicktime takes a significant amount of time to open on my system, so I used format factory to change them into MP4's (they will play in the preview pane). Just out of boredom, I installed a new convert, called CoverterLite. Now every single video that I converted causes WMP to crash even inside the preview pane. If I were to change my default media player would that affect to preview pane as well? Or does it require so registry editing?

GoFigureItOut, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Preview pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Video in the preview pane

Hi,

To enable the Preview pane, open File Explorer and follow these steps:

• In the File Explorer window, click the View
      tab.

• In the Panes section, click the Preview Pane button. The Preview pane is added to the right side of the File Explorer window.

• Select several files one by one to preview their contents. You can preview their contents if they are text, images, or videos.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Preview pane doesn't work in Windows 10

Hi RuthZekowski,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Are you facing issue with all your files or any particular files?
    2. Which version of Windows you are using?
    3. Since when are you facing this issue?

The Preview pane shows the contents of certain files selected in File Explorer. For images, it is a thumbnail preview.

If you are unable to preview in File explorer, I suggest you to try the below steps.

1. Open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.
    2. Click Options, and then click Change folder and search options to open Folder Options dialog.
    3. Check the Show preview handlers in preview pane box, and click/tap on OK.​

Please reply for all the required information to help you further.

Hope it helps.

Mithin_EJ, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Preview pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

1. Preview pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Preview pane Add

2. Preview/Context Pane in Windows Search is missing

in Cortana
    Preview/Context Pane in Windows Search is missing: Expected Result: [ATTACH] source: Business Insider Actual result: [ATTACH] I can't for the life of me get the damn context/preview menu/pane thing on the right to open up :// Any and all suggestions welcome! I'm on Windows 10 Home, Version 1909...
  3. Details pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Details pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Details pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The details pane shows you see the most common properties associated with the selected file. File properties provide more detailed info about a file, such as the author, the date you last changed...
  4. History - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    History - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: History - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add History to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use File History to automatically back up versions of your files on a schedule to a location you select to save to. You can select to save...
  5. Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10 Restart will close all apps, sign out all users, and full shutdown and restart (reboot) the PC. Starting with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Old behavior: - When...
  6. Cleanup - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Cleanup - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Cleanup - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Cleanup to Context Menu of Drives in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use Disk Cleanup to reduce the number of unnecessary files on your drives, which can help your PC run faster. It can delete...
  7. Navigation pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Navigation pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Navigation pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Navigation pane to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use the navigation pane to browse locations such as Quick access, OneDrive, Libraries, This PC, Network, and Homegroup. You...
  8. Add Settings to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Settings to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Settings to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Settings context menu in Windows 10 Most of the settings you'll want to change in Windows 10 are in Settings. Settings is organized into the separate System, Devices, Phone, Network & Internet,...
  9. Add Bluetooth context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Bluetooth context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Bluetooth context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove a Bluetooth context menu in Windows 10 There are many different types of Bluetooth enabled devices you can add to your PC, such as mobile phones, wireless headsets, and wireless mouse devices and...
  10. Email - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Email - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Email - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Email to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use Email from the Share tab in the ribbon of File Explorer by default when you have files and/or folders selected. It allows you to send the...