Windows 10: Remove a Language in Windows 10

Discus and support Remove a Language in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Remove a Language in Windows 10 How to Remove a Language in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can keyboard layout. This tutorial will show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by jm44jg39, Feb 28, 2017.

1. jm44jg39 Win User

Remove a Language in Windows 10

How to: Remove a Language in Windows 10

How to Remove a Language in Windows 10

In Windows 10, you can keyboard layout.

This tutorial will show you how to completely uninstall a language for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Time & Language icon.

2. Click/tap on Region & language on the left side. (see screenshot below)

*note Starting with Windows 10 build 17686, you will click/tap on Language on the left side instead.

3. Click/tap on the language (ex: "English (United Kingdom)") you want to remove on the right side, and click/tap on Remove.

*note If the language you want to remove is listed at the top of your language list as the "default" language, you will need to click/tap on the down arrow so it's no longer listed at the top, select another language, and then select the language you want to remove again.

Remove a Language in Windows 10 [​IMG]

4. If the language you are removing is currently the set display language, then click/tap on Remove language to confirm. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

jm44jg39, Feb 28, 2017

2. Language

Hi Sassy,

To remove the Croatian language in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app, select Time & Language, and click
      Region & Language
    • Under Add a language, select English, and click
      Set as default
    • Select the Croatian language and click Remove.
    • Close the Settings app, restart the computer, and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Removing Language

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre Da Costa, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Remove a Language in Windows 10

change language display on windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for your interest on Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Japanese language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Japanese language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Windows 10 Installed in the Wrong Language?

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Existing language.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Existing language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

If you want a language pack:

You may refer to the suggestions posted by Andre Da Costa on the following thread.

Can I change language in Windows 10 Home edition?

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Can't remove a language

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre Da Costa, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Remove a Language in Windows 10

1. Remove a Language in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remove Language

2. Can't remove language from the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove language from the task bar: I have removed an unused language from the language preference setting but it still exists in the task bar. How can I remove it from the task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remove-language-from-the-task-bar/ac507f7e-ff48-45de-a6b4-7f840f7d1d63
  3. Can't remove language from the task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove language from the task bar: I have removed an unused language from the language preference setting but it still exists in the task bar. How can I remove it from the task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remove-language-from-the-task-bar/ac507f7e-ff48-45de-a6b4-7f840f7d1d63
  4. How can i remove English from my language list see picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i remove English from my language list see picture: Recently, windows has been adding random keyboards language inputs and random display languages to my computer, and i can get them off except EnglishSince the microsoft website too is broken, i cant upload files directly so i have to put linksImgur link to screenshots :...
  5. How can i remove English from my language list see picture

How can i remove English from my language list see picture: Recently, windows has been adding random keyboards language inputs and random display languages to my computer, and i can get them off except EnglishSince the microsoft website too is broken, i cant upload files directly so i have to put linksImgur link to screenshots :...
  6. unwanted input language layouts. how to remove?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unwanted input language layouts. how to remove?: hiI prefer my PC be in English, but I live in Finland, so I have only the Finnish keyboards to use.Windows however has decided that I must need the US layout, as well as the US Zimbabwe layout for some reason.it's really annoying since the language swaps sometimes and then...
  7. unwanted input language layouts. how to remove?

unwanted input language layouts. how to remove?: hiI prefer my PC be in English, but I live in Finland, so I have only the Finnish keyboards to use.Windows however has decided that I must need the US layout, as well as the US Zimbabwe layout for some reason.it's really annoying since the language swaps sometimes and then...
  8. How do I keep the keyboard language, but remove windows software language localization?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I keep the keyboard language, but remove windows software language localization?: I need Estonian ET keyboard, time and date things in my work. However, installing language pack to get the keyboard option made all default apps to display in Estonian. I absolutely do not want this, and rather keep them in English.How to do that?...
  9. How do I keep the keyboard language, but remove windows software language localization?

How do I keep the keyboard language, but remove windows software language localization?: I need Estonian ET keyboard, time and date things in my work. However, installing language pack to get the keyboard option made all default apps to display in Estonian. I absolutely do not want this, and rather keep them in English.How to do that?...
  10. How to force remove unneccessary language / keyboards in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to force remove unneccessary language / keyboards in Windows 11?: Windows 11 during installation choosed en-GB language. After installation installed US layout. Deleted en-GB layout still present on login window and in my account. I tried this...