Windows 10: See Network Adapter Speed in Windows 10

Discus and support See Network Adapter Speed in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: See Network Adapter Speed in Windows 10 How to See Network Adapter Speed in Windows 10 A network adapter is the component of a PC's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Bree, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Bree New Member

See Network Adapter Speed in Windows 10

How to: See Network Adapter Speed in Windows 10

How to See Network Adapter Speed in Windows 10

A network adapter is the component of a PC's internal hardware that is used for communicating over a network with another computer and Internet.

Sometimes you may need to check to see what the current maximum speed is for your network adapters to see if they are performing at specs. This can be helpful with troubleshooting network performance issues.

This tutorial will show you how to check the current maximum speed of your network adapters in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Check Network Adapter Speed in Network and Sharing Center
    • Option Two: To Check Wireless Network Adapter Speed using Netsh command
    • Option Three: To Check Network Adapters Speed using WMIC command
    • Option Four: To Check Network Adapters Speed using PowerShell script
    • Option Five: To Check Network Adapters Speed in Settings

OPTION ONE [/i] To Check Network Adapter Speed in Network and Sharing Center
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Network and Sharing Center icon to open the Network and Sharing Center.

2. Click/tap on a Connections link for the network adapter speed you want to see. (see screenshot below)

See Network Adapter Speed in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. You will now see the current maximum speed in Mbps (megabits per second) for the selected network adapter. (see screenshots below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Check Wireless Network Adapter Speed using Netsh command
    1. Open a PowerShell.

2. Enter the command below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow netsh wlan show interfaces
    3. You will now see the current maximum Receive rate and Transmit rate speed in Mbps (megabits per second) for your wireless network adapters.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Check Network Adapters Speed using WMIC command
    1. Open a PowerShell.

*Arrow wmic NIC where "NetEnabled='true'" get "Name","Speed"
    3. You will now see the current maximum speed for your wireless and Ethernet network adapters.

OPTION FOUR [/i] To Check Network Adapters Speed using PowerShell script
    1. Open PowerShell.

Code:
    3. You will now see the current maximum speed for all of your network adapters.

OPTION FIVE [/i] To Check Network Adapters Speed in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Network & Internet icon.

2. Click/tap on Status on the left side, and click/tap on the View your network properties link on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. Scroll to each "operational" (status) network Name, and look at its Link speed (Receive/Transmit). (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

2. Tom_taz Win User

Windows 10 : Entire LAN slowed when enabling wireless devices on one desktop machine

I have a Uverse DSL gateway connection from my house to the internet. Multiple devices are connected on my LAN to the gateway both through ethernet and wifi connections. The IP addresses for the network are all allocated from the Uverse gateway. I use
    ookla speed test to test connection speed.

I have a Windows 10 desktop machine which has both ethernet and wifi adapters built in. If I boot up this machine with the ethernet adapter enabled and the wifi adapter disabled via the device manager, the network connection speed is the max expected, download
    20 Mbps. I confirm this both from the Windows 10 desktop and other devices connected to the network. As soon as I enable the wireless adapter on the problematic Windows 10 desktop machine, the entire network speed slows to 3-5 Mbps. By that I mean both
    the problem desktop and any other device on the network now produce download speed test results of 3-5 Mbps.

To resolve the problem, I must either disable all network adapters on this problematic Windows 10 desktop (disable both the ethernet and wifi adapters in device manager) and re-enable only the ethernet adapter, or reboot with only the ethernet adapter enabled.
    Only disabling the wifi adapter on this desktop does not resolve the problem, meaning even with only the ethernet connection enabled on this windows 10 desktop, the entire network performance is still degraded to 3-5 Mbps. The desktop and all devices on
    the network produce speed test results of 3-5 Mbps download speed. I have an external USB wifi network adapter than exhibits the same behavior when enabled on this desktop machine, so it does not appear be one specific wifi adapter.

It seems like some network component or service is getting enabled when I start a wireless device on this desktop, that degrades network performance for all devices thereafter, until I disable all network devices on the desktop. I'm really at a loss how
    to debug this beyond this point. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Tom_taz, Apr 20, 2018
  3. Problem connecting to the internet related to the adapter

Could try using the Google Public DNS settings in Windows to see if the the problem persists?

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/add-google-pub...

If not, press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Network adapters

Right click your adapter

Click Uninstall

Exit Device Manager, restart. Windows 10 should detect the network adapter then reinstall it.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 20, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Thank you Bree. Tutorial updated. *Smile

Brink, Apr 20, 2018
Thema:

1. See Network Adapter Speed in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Network Adapter Speed

2. Windows 10 isn't able to see my Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 isn't able to see my Network Adapter: I've been using Linux Ubuntu 22 on my Laptop for a while now but I had to switch back to Windows.I formatted my main partition and installed windows 10 on it via USBOn Ubuntu everything worked fine I could connect to WiFi networks like usual, however Windows can't connect to...
  3. Windows 10 isn't able to see my Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 isn't able to see my Network Adapter: I've been using Linux Ubuntu 22 on my Laptop for a while now but I had to switch back to Windows.I formatted my main partition and installed windows 10 on it via USBOn Ubuntu everything worked fine I could connect to WiFi networks like usual, however Windows can't connect to...
  4. Windows 10 isn't able to see my Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to check Network Adapter Speed on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to check Network Adapter Speed on Windows 10: [ATTACH]We all carry out speed tests using third-party apps to check the speed of our internet. Do you know that you can check the speed of your internet and network adapter on Windows 10? In this guide, we will show you how you can check network adapter speed on Windows 10....
  6. Bridging network adapters has a negative impact on speed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bridging network adapters has a negative impact on speed?: On my laptop i have on internal and one external network adapter. On the external i can get 244/69mbps with a ping on 11ms. on the external i can get 144/64 with a ping of 14ms. Why when i bridge the two does my speed drop to 134/50 with a ping of 22ms? Shouldn't bridging...
  7. Windows 10 capping download speeds across all network adapters

Windows 10 capping download speeds across all network adapters: For some reason, Windows 10 is limiting the download speed on all the network adapters on my PC to a small fraction of what it should be. I have a roughly 700 Mbps-down internet connection, but testing via Speedtest.net or any other speed testing service consistently results...
  8. Network Adapters-windows 10

Network Adapters-windows 10: Windows 10 support/users-am I going to have to delete and reinstall my network adapter every time I turn my laptop off? As of this last week I have been having to do that every time I reboot my computer in order to get my WiFi to connect. It started happen after a Windows...
  9. Windows 10 October update - Missing Link Speed in Network adapter

Windows 10 October update - Missing Link Speed in Network adapter: As the title suggests, after updating my Windows 10 for the October (Fall) update for DRX/RTX support, I noticed that the option to change your Link Speed has disappeared....
  10. See Radio Types Supported by Wireless Network Adapter in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See Radio Types Supported by Wireless Network Adapter in Windows 10: How to: See Radio Types Supported by Wireless Network Adapter in Windows 10 How to See Radio Types Supported by Wireless Network Adapter in Windows 10 [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to see what Wi-Fi radio types (protocols) are supported by your...