Windows 10: See Network Adapter Speed in Windows 10

Discus and support See Network Adapter Speed in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Starting with version 1709, in Option One, Step 1 a right-click on the network icon no longer says Open Network and Sharing Center. It now says Open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Bree, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Bree New Member

See Network Adapter Speed in Windows 10

Starting with version 1709, in Option One, Step 1 a right-click on the network icon no longer says Open Network and Sharing Center. It now says Open Network Internet settings, taking you to the Settings app instead. There is a link to the Network and Sharing Center near the bottom of that Settings app page.

:)

2. Tom_taz Win User

Windows 10 : Entire LAN slowed when enabling wireless devices on one desktop machine

I have a Uverse DSL gateway connection from my house to the internet. Multiple devices are connected on my LAN to the gateway both through ethernet and wifi connections. The IP addresses for the network are all allocated from the Uverse gateway. I use
    ookla speed test to test connection speed.

I have a Windows 10 desktop machine which has both ethernet and wifi adapters built in. If I boot up this machine with the ethernet adapter enabled and the wifi adapter disabled via the device manager, the network connection speed is the max expected, download
    20 Mbps. I confirm this both from the Windows 10 desktop and other devices connected to the network. As soon as I enable the wireless adapter on the problematic Windows 10 desktop machine, the entire network speed slows to 3-5 Mbps. By that I mean both
    the problem desktop and any other device on the network now produce download speed test results of 3-5 Mbps.

To resolve the problem, I must either disable all network adapters on this problematic Windows 10 desktop (disable both the ethernet and wifi adapters in device manager) and re-enable only the ethernet adapter, or reboot with only the ethernet adapter enabled.
    Only disabling the wifi adapter on this desktop does not resolve the problem, meaning even with only the ethernet connection enabled on this windows 10 desktop, the entire network performance is still degraded to 3-5 Mbps. The desktop and all devices on
    the network produce speed test results of 3-5 Mbps download speed. I have an external USB wifi network adapter than exhibits the same behavior when enabled on this desktop machine, so it does not appear be one specific wifi adapter.

It seems like some network component or service is getting enabled when I start a wireless device on this desktop, that degrades network performance for all devices thereafter, until I disable all network devices on the desktop. I'm really at a loss how
    to debug this beyond this point. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Tom_taz, Apr 20, 2018
  3. Problem connecting to the internet related to the adapter

Could try using the Google Public DNS settings in Windows to see if the the problem persists?

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/add-google-pub...

If not, press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Network adapters

Right click your adapter

Click Uninstall

Exit Device Manager, restart. Windows 10 should detect the network adapter then reinstall it.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 20, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Thank you Bree. Tutorial updated. *Smile

Brink, Apr 20, 2018
Thema:

1. See Network Adapter Speed in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Network Adapter Speed

2. Windows 10 October update - Missing Link Speed in Network adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 October update - Missing Link Speed in Network adapter: As the title suggests, after updating my Windows 10 for the October (Fall) update for DRX/RTX support, I noticed that the option to change your Link Speed has disappeared....
  3. Network Adapter

Network Adapter: Hi, im having problem with my network adapter. My wifi suddenly disconnected and didn't reconnect. I checked network settings and there is no wifi options, only ethernet. [IMG]...
  4. network adapters

network adapters: i accidently reset all network adapters to default i did not mean to how can i get them all back now i dont remember which ones were there before i did this please please help me tyvm...
  5. can't see 5ghz networks although adapter supports it

can't see 5ghz networks although adapter supports it: hi guys, i have searched a lot and did not find any solution to my problem (or, in fact, someone with my exact problem) my wireless PCI adapter supports 802.11a so it should have 5ghz recognizing abillity right? i went to the device manager to the advanced tab and found...
  6. LAN Adapter Speed variating

LAN Adapter Speed variating: Hi guys, this is a standalone addition to another post i have. Anyways, this is weird. Windows 10 seems to have ****ed up my Network Intel driver. So on Windows 8.1, my adapter took in 1GBps, now on Windows 10 (with the correct driver!), it only takes in 100MBps, and now...
  7. Network Speed

Network Speed: I use a program "Network Speed Test" from the Windows Store to measure my network speed. EVERY time I use the program for the first time I get an answer for the download speed of about 30 Mbps. the following times I launch the program I ALWAYS get an answer of about 200...
  8. network adapter

network adapter: This is waking my desktop up from sleep all the time. I read to check the box which says under power management to check the box which says to allow this to turn this PC off - so I did. It still does it. I found it under event viewer. Is there some way I can stop this...
  9. See Radio Types Supported by Wireless Network Adapter in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See Radio Types Supported by Wireless Network Adapter in Windows 10: heres my result [img] 63989
  10. Reset Network Adapters in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Network Adapters in Windows 10: thanks for this tutorial 47937