Windows 10: Save List of Running Processes to File in Windows

Discus and support Save List of Running Processes to File in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Save List of Running Processes to File in Windows How to Save List of Running Processes to File in Windows A process is an instance of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by TomKunzo, Dec 31, 2015.

1. TomKunzo Win User

Save List of Running Processes to File in Windows

How to: Save List of Running Processes to File in Windows

How to Save List of Running Processes to File in Windows

A process is an instance of a program that is being executed. Each process running in Windows is assigned a unique decimal number called the process ID, or PID.

If you like, saving a list of currently running processes on the local computer can be useful when you want to see which apps you have running, or need to post the file while getting help troubleshooting an issue.

This tutorial will show you how to save a list of all currently running processes and their details to a text file in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Save List of Running Processes to File in Command Prompt
    • Option Two: Save List of Running Processes to File in PowerShell

EXAMPLE: Currently running processes in Task Manager

Save List of Running Processes to File in Windows [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Save List of Running Processes to File in Command Prompt
    1. Open a command prompt.

2. Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow tasklist /V > "%userprofile%\Desktop\Running processes.txt"

3. You will now have a Running processes.txt file on your desktop. When you open this file, you will see a list of currently running processes and their details. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Save List of Running Processes to File in PowerShell
    1. Open Windows PowerShell.

2. Copy and paste the command below into PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Get-Process | Out-File -filepath "$Env:userprofile\Desktop\Running processes.txt"

3. You will now have a Running processes.txt file on your desktop. When you open this file, you will see a list of currently running processes and their details. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

TomKunzo, Dec 31, 2015
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Oct 27, 2019
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Oct 27, 2019
  4. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Process running but not starting in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run applications on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may be due to application conflicts.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate the apps that are running.

• Right Click on the application and select End Task.

• Please try accessing the application again and check if you are able to run the application.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 27, 2019
  6. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Save List of Running Processes to File in Windows - Similar Threads - Save List Running

2. My Application process is not showing in taskmanager process list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Application process is not showing in taskmanager process list: Hi Experts,I made one application in java. But whenever I run this application, I am not able to see its icon or process name on taskbar. I only see "Open JDK" process name. So, whenever I need to kill my application, I need to kill "Open JDK" process. So, my application...
  3. My Application process is not showing in taskmanager process list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Application process is not showing in taskmanager process list: Hi Experts,I made one application in java. But whenever I run this application, I am not able to see its icon or process name on taskbar. I only see "Open JDK" process name. So, whenever I need to kill my application, I need to kill "Open JDK" process. So, my application...
  4. Where was that post with a list of disabling windows processes?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where was that post with a list of disabling windows processes?: There was a post here or in r/windows which a guy successfully removed all unnecessary processes in Windows, which he got it to 800mb of ram usage. Kinda interested to see. It was about 1-3 months ago submitted by /u/0iffy [link] [comments]...
  5. Changing the default View of files from "Details" to "List" in the "Save As" window of File...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing the default View of files from "Details" to "List" in the "Save As" window of File...: I already know how to change the View of folders and files in a File Explorer window. I always choose "List." I also know how to then apply make the default that same "List" View to all similar File Explorer windows. However, when I'm saving a document to my PC via the...
  6. Background Processes Running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Background Processes Running: I bought my laptop recently and yesterday they installed Microsoft 365 and today is the first time I am using it and there are 91 background processes in my task manager. Why do I have 91 background processes running in Task Manager when I have only just booted up my...
  7. How to generate and print the list of running Processes in Windows Task Manager

in Windows 10 News
    How to generate and print the list of running Processes in Windows Task Manager: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Windows Task Manager displays a list of the running processes on your computer along with their resource utilization and other important details. If you wish to generate and print the list of processes that are running in your Task [...] This post How to...
  8. How to save all Windows processes to a text file using TaskList

in Windows 10 News
    How to save all Windows processes to a text file using TaskList: [ATTACH] People often tend to make the most of their computers. And while doing it, it is highly possible for the computer to run into issues. These issues can be related to the overall performance of the computer or even create [...] This post How to save all Windows...
  9. WinStore.App.exe in process list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinStore.App.exe in process list: Hi! Since the last Creators Update, I've got some issues... One of them is the appearence of WinStore.App.exe in the task list like a "suspendend process" (according to Process Hacker, which I use instead of default Task Manager). I've looked for a solution to prevent it...
  10. Saving a file to a folder listed in "Quick Access"

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving a file to a folder listed in "Quick Access": When I download a pdf file (A billing statement in this case), I would like to select "Save As" and be able to select the folder directly from one of the folders shown in Quick Access that is shown in File Explorer without having to rummage through all the folders on my three...