Windows 10: Turn On or Off Lock Screen Reminders and VoIP calls in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Lock Screen Reminders and VoIP calls in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Lock Screen Reminders and VoIP calls in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Lock Screen Reminder and VoIP calls Notifications in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Lock Screen Reminders and VoIP calls in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Lock Screen Reminders and VoIP calls in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Lock Screen Reminder and VoIP calls Notifications in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Lock Screen Reminders and VoIP calls in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information The lock screen is the screen you see when you lock your PC (or when it locks automatically after you haven't been using it for a while). The lock screen will also show at startup, and when you are signed out and idle for one minute. You will need to dismiss the lock screen to be able to see the sign in screen and sign in to Windows. Users can dismiss the lock screen using touch, the keyboard, or by dragging it up with the mouse.

Your account's lock screen will show Cortana reminders and incoming VoIP calls notifications by default.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off showing reminders and incoming VoIP calls notifications on the lock screen for your account in Windows 10.

Note You will need to have Get notifications from apps and other senders turned on to be able to turn on Show reminders and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen below.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Show Reminders and VoIP Calls Notifications on Lock Screen in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Show Reminders and VoIP Calls Notifications on Lock Screen using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Cortana Reminders on lock screen

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Show Reminders and VoIP Calls Notifications on Lock Screen in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Notifications & actions on the left side. (see screenshot below)

3. Under Notifications on the right side, turn on (default) or off Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen for what you want.

4. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Show Reminders and VoIP Calls Notifications on Lock Screen using a REG file

Note The .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Notifications\Settings

NOC_GLOBAL_SETTING_ALLOW_CRITICAL_TOASTS_ABOVE_LOCK DWORD

delete = on
    0 = off

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Show Alarm, Reminder, and VoIP Notifications on Lock Screen
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_On_reminders_and_VoIP-calls_on_Lock_Screen.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Show Alarm, Reminder, and VoIP Notifications on Lock Screen
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_Off_reminders_and_VoIP-calls_on_Lock_Screen.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 18, 2017
  2. Marby Rey Win User

Cortana Reminders do not display when scheduled

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you check the Settings if the notification for reminders is turned on.

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Notifications & actions on the left side.
    • Turn on Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen.

If the issue persists, perform SFC scan to repair corrupted system files. You may refer to this
    article
    for the steps.

Let us know the outcome.

Marby Rey, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Cant see appropriate reminder in Cortana

Hey Murphy,

I suggest you to go to Settings> System> Notifications and Actions> Show alarms, reminders and incoming VOIP calls on the lock screen and check if it helps.

SujataMoktan, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Microsoft News Notifications

Follow these steps to check if it works:

Step 1: Open the Windows Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key and “I,” or alternatively search for Settings in the Windows search bar and click the corresponding result.

Step 2: Click Notifications & Actions in the left-hand menu. This will take you to a screen providing access to all of the settings related to notifications and the Action Center.

Step 3: Click the System icon, then select Notifications and actions from the left-hand menu.

Step 4: Look for the Notifications subheading, where you will see a number of toggles for various types of notifications. The following is a list of the settings you can toggle on this screen:

• Get notifications from apps and other senders
    • Show notifications on the lock screen
    • Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen
    • Hide notifications when duplicating my screen
    • Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows
    You may just turn them off the notification as you need.

PeterPeng3, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Lock Screen Reminders and VoIP calls in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Lock

2. VOIP Call center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VOIP Call center: Hello everybody, hope you are all doing wellI have just got accepted to start working from home on a call center but im getting some problems. I login to the site trying to get started and i do not hear any of the calls that are coming. I do see them appear on the system, it...
  3. VOIP Call center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VOIP Call center: Hello everybody, hope you are all doing wellI have just got accepted to start working from home on a call center but im getting some problems. I login to the site trying to get started and i do not hear any of the calls that are coming. I do see them appear on the system, it...
  4. VOIP Call center

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. turn off locked screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off locked screen: like to have auto log in would be nicethe only one how use it any way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-locked-screen/1539fbb0-730b-4d1e-b2b6-73ffa172710e
  6. turn off locked screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off locked screen: like to have auto log in would be nicethe only one how use it any way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-locked-screen/1539fbb0-730b-4d1e-b2b6-73ffa172710e
  7. turn off locked screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How to hide Reminders and VoIP Calls Notifications on Lock Screen on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to hide Reminders and VoIP Calls Notifications on Lock Screen on Windows 11/10: [IMG]Although the lock screen shows notifications, you can show or hide reminders and VoIP calls notifications on the lock screen on Windows 11/10 using this tutorial. Whether it is a Calendar reminder or any other VoIP call reminder, you can turn it on or off on the lock...
  9. VOIP call feature is not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    VOIP call feature is not working: Hi Team,After applying below April month OS patches, VOIP functionality is not working in Win 10 Pro 20H2 PC. Do you have any suggestion?Other than service stack we uninstalled rest of the patches but still VOIP functionality is not working.Strange that in event viewer there...
  10. Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of...