Windows 10: Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Auto-hide the Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Auto-hide the Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Tablet mode makes Windows easier and more intuitive to use with touch on devices like 2-in-1s, or when you don't want to use a keyboard and mouse.

The taskbar is the long horizontal bar at the bottom of your desktop.

Starting with Windows 10 build 14328, you can now choose to only auto-hide the taskbar in tablet mode. By hiding the taskbar, apps can take full advantage of the screen for an immersive and distraction-free experience.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off auto-hide the taskbar in tablet mode for your account in Windows 10.

Note When the taskbar is hidden, swiping up from the bottom edge of the screen will make it appear. Doing so again will make it disappear.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode from Taskbar
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode in System Settings
    • Option Three: To Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Personalization Settings
    • Option Four: To Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode using a BAT file

EXAMPLE: Taskbar

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar from Taskbar in Tablet Mode from Taskbar
    1. While you have tablet mode turned on, right click or press and hold on the taskbar, and click/tap on Automatically hide the taskbar to check (turn on) or uncheck (turn off) it for what you want. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode in System Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Tablet mode on the left side, and turn On or Off (default) Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Personalization Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Personalization icon.

2. Click/tap on Taskbar on the left side, and turn On or Off (default) Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION FOUR [/i] To Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar Only in Tablet Mode using a BAT file

Note The .bat files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

TaskbarAutoHideInTabletMode DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Auto-hide Taskbar Only in Tablet Mode
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_On_Auto-hide_Taskbar_in_Tablet_Mode.bat

Download

3. To Turn Off Auto-hide Taskbar Only in Tablet Mode
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_Off_Auto-hide_Taskbar_in_Tablet_Mode.bat

Download
    4. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

5. Unblock the .bat file.

6. Run the .bat file.

7. You will now notice your screen flicker and a command prompt quickly opens and closes as explorer is restarted to apply the registry changes.

8. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .bat file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 3, 2017
  2. ticoneva Win User

how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

I wrote a little application to auto-hide the taskbar on my tablets and would like to share it with anyone looking for something similar. In particular, I want the taskbar to hide in landscape mode where vertical space is precious, but not in portrait mode where there is plenty of vertical space.

Features of the application:

• Auto-hide taskbar can be turned on or off independently for each combination of tablet mode and screen orientation.
    • Install for all users.
    • Free and open source.
    The application can be downloaded here:
    http://.com/software/

ticoneva, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Gonzax Win User
    how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

it doesn't work for me, it gives an error in all my computers.

As for the Nibbler app it works ok but it still won't hide the taskbar from the start menu when in tablet mode, only when you open up an app or any other program (which is cool but not perfect)

Gonzax, Oct 26, 2019
  4. ticoneva Win User

App for auto-hiding the taskbar based on tablet mode and orientation

Although there is an existing paid-app that automatically hides the taskbar in tablet mode, I wished for more functionalities. I ended up writing a little application and would like to share it with anyone looking for something similar.

Features:
    • Auto-hide taskbar can be turned on or off independently for each combination of tablet mode and screen orientation.
    • Install for all users.
    • Free and open source.

You can download the application here.

ticoneva, Oct 26, 2019
  5. set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

Hi Alan,

We’re sorry that the option to Auto-hide Taskbar only in Tablet mode is not available. You can set it to auto-hide in both normal and table mode.

I would suggest you use the Feedback app to leave your findings, comments and feedback related to this product.

Members of the Windows Insider Program can provide feedback about the Windows 10 directly to our engineers by using the Windows Feedback app.

Hope it helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Oct 26, 2019
  6. AlanEPi Win User
    set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

Hi! I'm finding the taskbar to be useful in desktop mode (where I tend to be using more apps), but to be a waste of space in tablet mode (where I want a full-screen experience). Is there any way to set the taskbar to auto-hide only
    in tablet mode?

Thanks!

Alan

AlanEPi, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Auto

2. Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off: Split from this thread.I am having the opposite problem. I have turned off the auto-hide feature of the taskbar SEVERAL times. Every time the computer goes to sleep or reboots, the function turns itself back on in the settings....
  3. Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off: Split from this thread.I am having the opposite problem. I have turned off the auto-hide feature of the taskbar SEVERAL times. Every time the computer goes to sleep or reboots, the function turns itself back on in the settings....
  4. Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off: I switched to Windows 11 a few weeks ago, and ever since then, the taskbar auto-hide quits working when the computer comes out of Sleep mode. I have to be away from the computer for a while before it will happen, and I believe it has something to do with me running dual...
  5. Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off: I switched to Windows 11 a few weeks ago, and ever since then, the taskbar auto-hide quits working when the computer comes out of Sleep mode. I have to be away from the computer for a while before it will happen, and I believe it has something to do with me running dual...
  6. Auto hide the taskbar in Desktop Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto hide the taskbar in Desktop Mode: I have a Surface Book 2 and I set Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to On in Settings ->Taskbar, but it reverts itself to Off. Is there a permanent fix to this?...
  7. Summoning Start in Tablet mode When the taskbar is set to auto hide.

in Windows 10 Support
    Summoning Start in Tablet mode When the taskbar is set to auto hide.: I get the impression there is no answer to this, but just in case i`m missing something... On a windows 10 tablet (i.e. surface go) I like the task bar in 10 to auto hide, in order that applications enjoy a full screen experience with zero clutter from the task bar. Its a...
  8. how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?: Hi! I'm finding the taskbar to be useful in desktop mode (where I tend to be using more apps), but to be a waste of space in tablet mode (where I want a full-screen experience). Is there any way to set the taskbar to auto-hide only in tablet mode? Thanks! Alan ...
  9. App for auto-hiding the taskbar based on tablet mode and orientation

App for auto-hiding the taskbar based on tablet mode and orientation: Although there is an existing paid-app that automatically hides the taskbar in tablet mode, I wished for more functionalities. I ended up writing a little application and would like to share it with anyone looking for something similar. Features: Auto-hide taskbar can be...
  10. Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Desktop Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Desktop Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Desktop Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Auto-hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode in Windows 10 [img] Information By default, the taskbar is located at the bottom of your screen(s) in Windows. You can set to auto-hide...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to turn off automatically hide taskbar