Windows 10: Hide or Show App Icons on Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10

Discus and support Hide or Show App Icons on Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Hide or Show App Icons on Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show App Icons on Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hide or Show App Icons on Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10

How to: Hide or Show App Icons on Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10

How to Hide or Show App Icons on Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10

Tablet mode makes Windows easier and more intuitive to use with touch on devices like 2-in-1s, or when you don't want to use a keyboard and mouse.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to hide app icons on the taskbar while in tablet mode for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Hide or Show App Icons on Taskbar in Tablet Mode from Taskbar
    • Option Two: To Hide or Show App Icons on Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Settings
    • Option Three: To Hide or Show App Icons on Taskbar in Tablet Mode using a BAT file

EXAMPLE: Show or Hide App Icons on Taskbar in Tablet Mode

Hide or Show App Icons on Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Hide or Show App Icons on Taskbar from Taskbar in Tablet Mode from Taskbar
    1. While you have tablet mode turned on, right click or press and hold on the taskbar, and click/tap on Show app icons to check (show) or uncheck (hide) it for what you want. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Hide or Show App Icons on Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Tablet mode on the left side, and turn On (default) or Off Hide app icons on the taskbar in tablet mode on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Hide or Show App Icons on Taskbar Only in Tablet Mode using a BAT file

*note The downloadable .bat files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

TaskbarAppsVisibleInTabletMode DWORD

0 = On
    1 = Off

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Show App Icons on Taskbar in Tablet Mode
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Show_app_icons_on_taskbar_in_Tablet_Mode.bat

Download

3. To Hide App Icons on Taskbar in Tablet Mode
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Hide_app_icons_on_taskbar_in_Tablet_Mode.bat

Download
    4. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

5. Unblock the .bat file.

6. Run the .bat file.

7. You will now notice your screen flicker and a command prompt quickly opens and closes as explorer is restarted to apply the registry changes.

8. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .bat file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 10, 2017

2. How to hide App Icons on Taskbar in Desktop Mode like in tablet mode ?

hello

How to hide App Icons on Taskbar in Desktop Mode like in tablet mode ?

GabrielFSousa, Oct 26, 2019
  3. ticoneva Win User
    App for auto-hiding the taskbar based on tablet mode and orientation

Although there is an existing paid-app that automatically hides the taskbar in tablet mode, I wished for more functionalities. I ended up writing a little application and would like to share it with anyone looking for something similar.

Features:
    • Auto-hide taskbar can be turned on or off independently for each combination of tablet mode and screen orientation.
    • Install for all users.
    • Free and open source.

You can download the application here.

ticoneva, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Hide or Show App Icons on Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10

Taskbar blank in tablet mode

Hi,

This issue might be because of the settings on your device, follow the steps below and check the settings:

• Open Settings.
    • Click System.
    • On the left side pane, locate and click Tablet Mode.
    • Turn Off Hide app icon on the taskbar in tablet mode and
    • Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode. (See screenshot below for reference)

Hide or Show App Icons on Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10 e7436654-e03f-4181-931f-6b6c1a15d824.png

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Gonzax Win User
    how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

it doesn't work for me, it gives an error in all my computers.

As for the Nibbler app it works ok but it still won't hide the taskbar from the start menu when in tablet mode, only when you open up an app or any other program (which is cool but not perfect)

Gonzax, Oct 26, 2019
  6. ticoneva Win User
    how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

I wrote a little application to auto-hide the taskbar on my tablets and would like to share it with anyone looking for something similar. In particular, I want the taskbar to hide in landscape mode where vertical space is precious, but not in portrait mode where there is plenty of vertical space.

Features of the application:

• Auto-hide taskbar can be turned on or off independently for each combination of tablet mode and screen orientation.
    • Install for all users.
    • Free and open source.
    The application can be downloaded here:
    http://.com/software/

ticoneva, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Hide or Show App Icons on Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10

1. Hide or Show App Icons on Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hide Show App

2. Taskbar on Automatically hide the taskbar mode not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar on Automatically hide the taskbar mode not showing up: The taskbar on Automatically hide the taskbar mode never shows up when I move my cursor to the bottom of the screen since the previous windows 11 update I got the latest update: 2022-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5010386 today and the taskbar is...
  3. Taskbar on Automatically hide the taskbar mode not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar on Automatically hide the taskbar mode not showing up: The taskbar on Automatically hide the taskbar mode never shows up when I move my cursor to the bottom of the screen since the previous windows 11 update I got the latest update: 2022-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5010386 today and the taskbar is...
  4. Taskbar is not hiding, though I've set it to "automatically hide in desktop and tablet mode"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar is not hiding, though I've set it to "automatically hide in desktop and tablet mode": New to Windows. When I'm using apps like Excel, the taskbar intrudes into the workspace. I want it to hide itself until I need it, i.e. until I cursor to it to being it out. I have taskbar setting set to automatically hide the taskbar....
  5. how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?: Hi! I'm finding the taskbar to be useful in desktop mode (where I tend to be using more apps), but to be a waste of space in tablet mode (where I want a full-screen experience). Is there any way to set the taskbar to auto-hide only in tablet mode? Thanks! Alan ...
  6. App for auto-hiding the taskbar based on tablet mode and orientation

App for auto-hiding the taskbar based on tablet mode and orientation: Although there is an existing paid-app that automatically hides the taskbar in tablet mode, I wished for more functionalities. I ended up writing a little application and would like to share it with anyone looking for something similar. Features: Auto-hide taskbar can be...
  7. Taskbar will not hide if any app is in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar will not hide if any app is in fullscreen mode: All of a sudden, now when I put any app in fullscreen, the taskbar remains in place. I have to set the host taskbar to autohide to see the fullscreen. It is really annoying in a hyper-v session as it hides the vm taskbar unless I autohide host taskbar This just...
  8. Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10 The notification area is located at the right end of the taskbar, and it contains app icons that provide status and notifications...
  9. Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Auto-hide the Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10 [img] Information Tablet mode makes Windows easier and more intuitive to use with touch on devices like 2-in-1s, or when you...
  10. Show or hide volume (speaker) icon on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Show or hide volume (speaker) icon on the taskbar: Hi, I used to have this speaker icon in my taskbar, now its gone. So I went to settings> notifications & actions> turn system icons on or off. but the volume choice is dimmed out!! I can't turn it on... Any help here??*Sad 51188