Windows 10: Turn On or Off Bluetooth Notification Area Icon in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Bluetooth Notification Area Icon in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Bluetooth Notification Area Icon in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Bluetooth Notification Area Icon in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Bluetooth Notification Area Icon in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Bluetooth Notification Area Icon in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Bluetooth Notification Area Icon in Windows 10

Bluetooth is a short range wireless technology which enables wireless data transmission between two Bluetooth enabled devices located nearby each other.

There are many different types of Bluetooth enabled devices you can add and pair to your PC, such as mobile phones, wireless headsets, speakers, fitness trackers, mouse, keyboard, etc...

When you turn on Bluetooth in Windows 10, the Bluetooth icon will show in the taskbar notification area by default.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off showing the Bluetooth icon in the taskbar notification area of your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn Off Bluetooth Notification Area Icon from Icon
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Bluetooth Notification Area Icon in Bluetooth Settings
    • Option Three: To Turn On or Off Bluetooth Notification Area Icon using a BAT file

EXAMPLE: Bluetooth icon in the notification area

Turn On or Off Bluetooth Notification Area Icon in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn Off Bluetooth Notification Area Icon from Icon
    1. Click/tap on the Bluetooth icon in the notification area of the taskbar, and click/tap on Remove Icon. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Bluetooth Notification Area Icon in Bluetooth Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2. Click/tap on Bluetooth & other devices on the left side, click/tap on the More Bluetooth options link under Related settings on the right side, and close Settings if you like. (see screenshot below)

*note If you do not have a More Bluetooth options link available, then your PC doesn't include Bluetooth support.

3. In the Options tab, check (on - default) or uncheck (off) the Show the Bluetooth icon in the notification area box for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] To Turn On or Off Bluetooth Notification Area Icon using a BAT file

*note The .bat files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Bluetooth

Notification Area Icon DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Bluetooth Notification Area Icon
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_on_Bluetooth_notification_area_icon.bat

Download

3. To Turn Off Bluetooth Notification Area Icon
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_off_Bluetooth_notification_area_icon.bat

Download
    4. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

5. Unblock the .bat file.

6. Run the .bat file.

7. You will now notice your screen flicker as the explorer process is restarted to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 19, 2018
  2. Hans L Win User

Startup and Notification area

R]I ran this batch file, but it did not help (which I understand, because Task Manager > Processes does NOT show WinDates).

I am back to the conclusion that Win 10 can run WinDates manually, but not automatically at startup (via link). If I double-click on the link C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\WinDates.lnk, WinDates opens fine.

My next step will be to run a scan of system files to see if something is corrupt. However, any other suggestions are welcome.

Hans L, Oct 26, 2019
  3. carrotmuseum, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

5. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Sound Icon missing in notification area in windows 10

Hello Gary,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

Please follow the below steps to turn on the notification for volume icon in the taskbar.

• Right click on the Start menu and select Control Panel and type the word 'taskbar' in the search box from the upper-right side. Once the search results are loaded, click on the link that says
      Customize the taskbar.
    • Then select Customize under Notification Area.
    • Click on Turn system icons on or off and toggle the option for Volume to
      on

The Volume Mixer icon will now show up in the notification area of your taskbar.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Bluetooth Notification Area Icon in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Bluetooth

2. Icons in Taskbar Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons in Taskbar Notification Area: I keep having to re-enable my preferred apps in the "Select which icons appear on Taskbar notification area". Is there a fix for this? 183716
  3. Unwanted icons in the notification area

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted icons in the notification area: Some programs insist on putting their icon in the notification tray, and then the company uses that "feature" for advertising in relentless pop up notifications. This is not an appropriate use of the notification tray, nor should have Microsoft allowed such program behavior...
  4. Icons in the notification area are turned off in Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, despite being...

Icons in the notification area are turned off in Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, despite being...: I have several program/applications launched during start-up which store icons in the notification area. For several of the applications, I prefer the icons to be visible, as I use them frequently. Usually but not always after a scheduled reboot/restart of Windows, I have...
  5. notification area sound icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    notification area sound icon: Windows 10 on Bootcamp - Notification area sound icon does not control sound, any ideas please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area-sound-icon/4cf1a029-4624-41fc-88d5-8f22ea492241
  6. icon in notification area

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    icon in notification area: my icon in notification area has grows legs and left it is missing . how do I get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/icon-in-notification-area/d449855c-35f5-4971-adc1-47e795376db8
  7. Notification Area Icons location

Notification Area Icons location: Could not find "Notification Area Icons" in "All Control Panel Items" for Windows 10, but I could find it under Settings-System-Notifications. Is that normal for Windows 10? How can I add it in the "All Control Panel Items"? Thanks 42364
  8. Bluetooth icon not showing in system tray/notification area?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth icon not showing in system tray/notification area?: I searched to see if anyone addresses this issue and didn't find a thread for my exact problem, pardon me if I missed it... I used to have a bluetooth icon showing in my system tray/notification area, which was a nice convenience. It disappeared within the past week or so,...
  9. Customize the Notification Area Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Customize the Notification Area Icons: Hi ! In Windows 7 there was a pannel to customize which icons you want to show or hide in the Notification Area. Like this : [img] Does this pannel got deleted in Windows 10 ? If yes, is there a solution to hide/show icons from the notification area ? The options...
  10. Reset Notification Area Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Notification Area Icons in Windows 10: How to: Reset Notification Area Icons in Windows 10 How to Reset Notification Area Icons in Windows 10 The notification area is located at the right end of the taskbar, and it contains app and system icons that provide status and notifications about things like incoming...