Windows 10: Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10 File and printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by ddelo, May 9, 2016.

1. ddelo Win User

Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10

File and printer sharing is the ability of a computer running Windows to share a folder or attached printer with other computers on a network.
    • File sharing allows you to make files and folders in a shared folder accessible to others on the network to view, copy, or modify.
    • Printer sharing allows you to make an attached printer available to other computer users on the network.
    If you are connected to a public network location (ex: caf or library), then you may wish to turn off file and printer sharing until you are connected to a private network location (ex: home or work).

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off file and printer sharing on your Windows 10 PC.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to turn on or off file and printer sharing.

*tip If your networked computers are not showing in File Explorer, then make sure the two services below are enabled, set to Automatic, and running.
    • Function Discovery Provider Host
    • Function Discovery Resource Publication

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Network and Sharing Center
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing for All Network Profiles in Command Prompt
    • Option Three: To Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in PowerShell
    • Option Four: To Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Network and Sharing Center
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Network and Sharing Center icon.

2. Click/tap on the Change advanced sharing settings link on the left side. (see screenshot below)

Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Expand open
    the Private or Guest or Public network profile for the one you want to turn on or off file and printer sharing. (see screenshots below step 4)

4. Select (dot) Turn on file and printer sharing or Turn off file and printer sharing for what you want to do, and click/tap on Save changes. (see screenshots below)

5. When finished, you can close Network and Sharing Center if you like.

6. If you turned on file and printer sharing, then you will also need to turn on File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks using Option Four below.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing for All Network Profiles in Command Prompt
    1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. Do step 3 (on) or step 4 (off) below for what you want to do.

3. To Turn On File and Printer Sharing for All Network Profiles
    A) Copy and paste the command below into the elevated command prompt, press Enter, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

*Arrow netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="File and Printer Sharing" new enable=Yes

4. To Turn Off File and Printer Sharing for All Network Profiles
    A) Copy and paste the command below into the elevated command prompt, press Enter, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

*Arrow netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="File and Printer Sharing" new enable=No

5. You can now close the elevated command prompt if you like.

6. If you turned on file and printer sharing, then you will also need to turn on File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks using Option Four below.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in PowerShell

*note To see more usage options for the Set-NetFirewallRule command, see: Set-NetFirewallRule | Microsoft TechNet
    1. Open an elevated PowerShell.

2. Do step 3 (on) or step 4 (off) below for what you want to do.

3. To Turn On File and Printer Sharing
    A) Copy and paste the command below you want to use into the elevated PowerShell, press Enter, and go to step 5 below.

(Apply to all network profiles)
    *Arrow Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayGroup "File And Printer Sharing" -Enabled True -Profile Any

OR

(Apply to "Domain" network profile)
    *Arrow Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayGroup "File And Printer Sharing" -Enabled True -Profile Domain

OR

(Apply to "Private" network profile)
    *Arrow Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayGroup "File And Printer Sharing" -Enabled True -Profile Private

OR

(Apply to "Public" network profile)
    *Arrow Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayGroup "File And Printer Sharing" -Enabled True -Profile Public

4. To Turn Off File and Printer Sharing

(Apply to all network profiles)
    *Arrow Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayGroup "File And Printer Sharing" -Enabled False -Profile Any

OR

(Apply to "Domain" network profile)
    *Arrow Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayGroup "File And Printer Sharing" -Enabled False -Profile Domain

OR

(Apply to "Private" network profile)
    *Arrow Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayGroup "File And Printer Sharing" -Enabled False -Profile Private

OR

(Apply to "Public" network profile)
    *Arrow Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayGroup "File And Printer Sharing" -Enabled False -Profile Public
    5. You can now close the elevated PowerShell if you like.

OPTION FOUR [/i] To Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Network and Sharing Center icon.

2. Click/tap on the Change adapter settings link on the left side. (see screenshot below)

3. Right click or press and hold on the network adapter (ex: Ethernet 2) you want to turn on or off file and printer sharing for Microsoft networks, and click/tap on Properties. (see screenshot below)

4. Check (turn on - default) or uncheck (turn off) File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

5. If you turned on file and printer sharing for Microsoft networks, then you will also need to turn on file and printer sharing using Option One, Option Two, or Option Three above.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

ddelo, May 9, 2016

2. Visitor account printing

Hi,

Is the computer connected to any home group or domain?

Please follow the below steps to turn on or off file and printer sharing in Windows 10:

1 .Press Windows key + X key> Control panel.

2. Choose View network status and tasks under Network and Internet.

3. Select Change advanced sharing settings in Network and Sharing Center.

4. Choose Turn on file and printer sharing or Turn off file and printer sharing, and tap
    Save changes.

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Have a good day!

Amarjeet_Paul, May 9, 2016
  3. EirikD Win User
    Windows 10 unable to map network drive Synolgy NAS

Hi, this I also found out after many hours of research, not remembering that I had turned File and Printer Sharing off myself earlier Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10 :).

Thanks anyhow!

EirikD, May 9, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, May 9, 2016
  5. ddelo Win User
    Great minds think alike!!! *Biggrin

ddelo, May 9, 2016
  6. steampunk Win User
    Hello Brink. Thanks for the nice tutorial. I used your 'Option Three' to turn off sharing of this PC's local resources. It worked just fine, and I'm still able to reach out and access remote resources on the network. Everything is functioning well.

There seems to be one side effect since turning it off, though. An annoying info bar message in This PC/Windows Explorer whenever browsing the network.

It can be X'd away but will reappear next time the network is browsed or whenever navigating into the network section of Windows Explorer.

To test, I went to a Windows 8 PC and turned off File & Printer Sharing on the adapter options (same as I did on the Win10 PC). On that OS, no yellow info bar message popped up while browsing the network. So it seems to be a Win 10 behavior.

Do you know any tips to hide or disable that message in Windows 10? Thank you.

steampunk, May 17, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello steampunk, *Smile

Yeah, that pop-up is annoying. I'm not aware of a way to disable it so far though.

Brink, May 17, 2016
  8. aixki Win User

I was looking for a way to enable File Sharing only for private profile, and found a powershell command to do it. You might add it to your excellent tutorial *Wink

Code: Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayGroup "File And Printer Sharing" -Enabled True -Profile Private[/quote]

aixki, Aug 30, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 30, 2017
  10. Viper Win User
    Im tried option 3 but i got this

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayGroup "File And Printer Sharing" -Enabled True -Profile Private
    Set-NetFirewallRule : No MSFT_NetFirewallRule objects found with property 'DisplayGroup' equal to 'File And Printer Sha
    ring'. Verify the value of the property and retry.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayGroup "File And Printer Sharing" -Enabled ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (File And Printer Sharing:String) [Set-NetFirewallRule], CimJobException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CmdletizationQuery_NotFound_DisplayGroup,Set-NetFirewallRule

Viper, Sep 21, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Viper, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

The output indicate that it couldn't find any firewall rules with the "File And Printer Sharing" name under "DisplayGroup".

As a test to verify this, what do you get using the commands below? I'm thinking that this may be a language issue, and "File And Printer Sharing" needs to be translated for your language.

(English)
    Get-NetFirewallRule -DisplayGroup "File And Printer Sharing"

(Swedish)
    Get-NetFirewallRule -DisplayGroup "Fil- och skrivardelning"

Are you able to use any of the other options in the tutorial to set this?

Brink, Sep 21, 2017
  12. Viper Win User
    Hi
    I got this

Get-NetFirewallRule : No MSFT_NetFirewallRule objects found with property 'DisplayGroup' equal to 'File And Printer Sha
    ring'. Verify the value of the property and retry.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Get-NetFirewallRule -DisplayGroup "File And Printer Sharing"
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (File And Printer Sharing:String) [Get-NetFirewallRule], CimJobException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CmdletizationQuery_NotFound_DisplayGroup,Get-NetFirewallRule

I can¨t Turn On File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10
    I have tried all, i have googled and tried many things. i can ping my synology it¨s there.
    Under network i can see my other computer and wireless printer/scanner and my synology but when i click on it it starts in firefox, I can¨t map it withe synology assistans

Johan

Viper, Sep 21, 2017
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 21, 2017
  14. Viper Win User
    Hi
    I could use this
    Get-NetFirewallRule -DisplayGroup "Fil- och skrivardelning"
    Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayGroup "Fil- och skrivardelning" -Enabled True
    Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayGroup "Fil- och skrivardelning" -Enabled True -Profile Domain
    Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayGroup "Fil- och skrivardelning" -Enabled True -Profile Public
    Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayGroup "Fil- och skrivardelning" -Enabled True -Profile Private

But i can¨t still enable Turn On File and Printer Sharing
    yes i have Network Discovery turned on
    When i use Get-NetFirewallRule -DisplayGroup "Fil- och skrivardelning"
    I get this

Code: Name : FPS-NB_Session-In-TCP-NoScope DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (NB-session-in) Description : Regel för inkommande trafik för Fil- och skrivardelning som tillåter anslutningar för NetBIOS-s essionstjänsten. [TCP 139] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : False Profile : Domain Platform : {} Direction : Inbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-NB_Session-Out-TCP-NoScope DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (NB-session-ut) Description : Regel för utgående trafik för Fil- och skrivardelning som tillåter anslutningar för NetBIOS-ses sionstjänsten. [TCP 139] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : False Profile : Domain Platform : {} Direction : Outbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-SMB-In-TCP-NoScope DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (SMB-in) Description : Regel för inkommande trafik för Fil- och skrivardelning som tillåter överföring och mottagning av Server Message Block via namngivna pipes. [TCP 445] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : False Profile : Domain Platform : {} Direction : Inbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-SMB-Out-TCP-NoScope DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (SMB-ut) Description : Regel för utgående trafik för Fil- och skrivardelning som tillåter överföring och mottagning av Server Message Block via namngivna pipes. [TCP 445] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : False Profile : Domain Platform : {} Direction : Outbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-NB_Name-In-UDP-NoScope DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (NB-namn-in) Description : Regel för inkommande trafik för Fil- och skrivardelning som tillåter NetBIOS-namnmatchning. [UD P 137] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : False Profile : Domain Platform : {} Direction : Inbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-NB_Name-Out-UDP-NoScope DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (NB-namn-ut) Description : Regel för utgående trafik för Fil- och skrivardelning som tillåter NetBIOS-namnmatchning. [UDP 137] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : False Profile : Domain Platform : {} Direction : Outbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-NB_Datagram-In-UDP-NoScope DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (NB-datagram-in) Description : Regel för inkommande trafik för Fil- och skrivardelning som tillåter överföring och mottagning av NetBios-datagram. [UDP 138] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : False Profile : Domain Platform : {} Direction : Inbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-NB_Datagram-Out-UDP-NoScope DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (NB-datagram-ut) Description : Regel för utgående trafik för Fil- och skrivardelning som tillåter överföring och mottagning av NetBios-datagram. [UDP 138] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : False Profile : Domain Platform : {} Direction : Outbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-SpoolSvc-In-TCP-NoScope DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (Spooler-tjänsten - RPC) Description : Regel för inkommande trafik för Fil- och skrivardelning som tillåter att tjänsten Utskriftshant erare kommunicerar via TCP/RPC. DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : False Profile : Domain Platform : {} Direction : Inbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-RPCSS-In-TCP-NoScope DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (Spooler-tjänsten - RPC-EPMAP) Description : Regel för inkommande trafik för RPCSS-tjänsten som tillåter RPC/TCP-trafik för Spooler-tjänsten . DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : False Profile : Domain Platform : {} Direction : Inbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-ICMP4-ERQ-In-NoScope DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (Ekobegäran - ICMPv4-in) Description : Meddelanden om ekobegäranden skickas som pingbegäranden till andra noder. DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : False Profile : Domain Platform : {} Direction : Inbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-ICMP4-ERQ-Out-NoScope DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (Ekobegäran - ICMPv4-ut) Description : Meddelanden om ekobegäranden skickas som pingbegäranden till andra noder. DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : False Profile : Domain Platform : {} Direction : Outbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-ICMP6-ERQ-In-NoScope DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (Ekobegäran - ICMPv6-in) Description : Meddelanden om ekobegäranden skickas som pingbegäranden till andra noder. DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : False Profile : Domain Platform : {} Direction : Inbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-ICMP6-ERQ-Out-NoScope DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (Ekobegäran - ICMPv6-ut) Description : Meddelanden om ekobegäranden skickas som pingbegäranden till andra noder. DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : False Profile : Domain Platform : {} Direction : Outbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-NB_Session-In-TCP DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (NB-session-in) Description : Regel för inkommande trafik för Fil- och skrivardelning som tillåter anslutningar för NetBIOS-s essionstjänsten. [TCP 139] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Private Platform : {} Direction : Inbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-NB_Session-Out-TCP DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (NB-session-ut) Description : Regel för utgående trafik för Fil- och skrivardelning som tillåter anslutningar för NetBIOS-ses sionstjänsten. [TCP 139] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Private Platform : {} Direction : Outbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-SMB-In-TCP DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (SMB-in) Description : Regel för inkommande trafik för Fil- och skrivardelning som tillåter överföring och mottagning av Server Message Block via namngivna pipes. [TCP 445] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Private Platform : {} Direction : Inbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-SMB-Out-TCP DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (SMB-ut) Description : Regel för utgående trafik för Fil- och skrivardelning som tillåter överföring och mottagning av Server Message Block via namngivna pipes. [TCP 445] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Private Platform : {} Direction : Outbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-NB_Name-In-UDP DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (NB-namn-in) Description : Regel för inkommande trafik för Fil- och skrivardelning som tillåter NetBIOS-namnmatchning. [UD P 137] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Private Platform : {} Direction : Inbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-NB_Name-Out-UDP DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (NB-namn-ut) Description : Regel för utgående trafik för Fil- och skrivardelning som tillåter NetBIOS-namnmatchning. [UDP 137] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Private Platform : {} Direction : Outbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-NB_Datagram-In-UDP DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (NB-datagram-in) Description : Regel för inkommande trafik för Fil- och skrivardelning som tillåter överföring och mottagning av NetBios-datagram. [UDP 138] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Private Platform : {} Direction : Inbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-NB_Datagram-Out-UDP DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (NB-datagram-ut) Description : Regel för utgående trafik för Fil- och skrivardelning som tillåter överföring och mottagning av NetBios-datagram. [UDP 138] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Private Platform : {} Direction : Outbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-SpoolSvc-In-TCP DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (Spooler-tjänsten - RPC) Description : Regel för inkommande trafik för Fil- och skrivardelning som tillåter att tjänsten Utskriftshant erare kommunicerar via TCP/RPC. DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Private Platform : {} Direction : Inbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-RPCSS-In-TCP DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (Spooler-tjänsten - RPC-EPMAP) Description : Regel för inkommande trafik för RPCSS-tjänsten som tillåter RPC/TCP-trafik för Spooler-tjänsten . DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Private Platform : {} Direction : Inbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-ICMP4-ERQ-In DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (Ekobegäran - ICMPv4-in) Description : Meddelanden om ekobegäranden skickas som pingbegäranden till andra noder. DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Private Platform : {} Direction : Inbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-ICMP4-ERQ-Out DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (Ekobegäran - ICMPv4-ut) Description : Meddelanden om ekobegäranden skickas som pingbegäranden till andra noder. DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Private Platform : {} Direction : Outbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-ICMP6-ERQ-In DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (Ekobegäran - ICMPv6-in) Description : Meddelanden om ekobegäranden skickas som pingbegäranden till andra noder. DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Private Platform : {} Direction : Inbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-ICMP6-ERQ-Out DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (Ekobegäran - ICMPv6-ut) Description : Meddelanden om ekobegäranden skickas som pingbegäranden till andra noder. DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Private Platform : {} Direction : Outbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-LLMNR-In-UDP DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (LLMNR-UDP-In) Description : Regel för inkommande fil- och skrivadelning som tillåter Link Local Multicast-namnmatchning. [ UDP 5355] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Private Platform : {} Direction : Inbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-LLMNR-Out-UDP DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (LLMNR-UDP-Out) Description : Utgående regel för fil- och skrivardelning för att tillåta Link Local Multicast-namnmatchning. [UDP 5355] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Private Platform : {} Direction : Outbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-LLMNR-Out-UDP_1 DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (LLMNR-UDP-Out) Description : Utgående regel för fil- och skrivardelning för att tillåta Link Local Multicast-namnmatchning. [UDP 5355] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : False Profile : Domain Platform : {} Direction : Outbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-LLMNR-In-UDP_1 DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (LLMNR-UDP-In) Description : Regel för inkommande fil- och skrivadelning som tillåter Link Local Multicast-namnmatchning. [ UDP 5355] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : False Profile : Domain Platform : {} Direction : Inbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-ICMP6-ERQ-Out_1 DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (Ekobegäran - ICMPv6-ut) Description : Meddelanden om ekobegäranden skickas som pingbegäranden till andra noder. DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Public Platform : {} Direction : Outbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-ICMP6-ERQ-In_1 DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (Ekobegäran - ICMPv6-in) Description : Meddelanden om ekobegäranden skickas som pingbegäranden till andra noder. DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Public Platform : {} Direction : Inbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-ICMP4-ERQ-Out_1 DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (Ekobegäran - ICMPv4-ut) Description : Meddelanden om ekobegäranden skickas som pingbegäranden till andra noder. DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Public Platform : {} Direction : Outbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-ICMP4-ERQ-In_1 DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (Ekobegäran - ICMPv4-in) Description : Meddelanden om ekobegäranden skickas som pingbegäranden till andra noder. DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Public Platform : {} Direction : Inbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-RPCSS-In-TCP_1 DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (Spooler-tjänsten - RPC-EPMAP) Description : Regel för inkommande trafik för RPCSS-tjänsten som tillåter RPC/TCP-trafik för Spooler-tjänsten . DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Public Platform : {} Direction : Inbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-SpoolSvc-In-TCP_1 DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (Spooler-tjänsten - RPC) Description : Regel för inkommande trafik för Fil- och skrivardelning som tillåter att tjänsten Utskriftshant erare kommunicerar via TCP/RPC. DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Public Platform : {} Direction : Inbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-NB_Datagram-Out-UDP_1 DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (NB-datagram-ut) Description : Regel för utgående trafik för Fil- och skrivardelning som tillåter överföring och mottagning av NetBios-datagram. [UDP 138] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Public Platform : {} Direction : Outbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-NB_Datagram-In-UDP_1 DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (NB-datagram-in) Description : Regel för inkommande trafik för Fil- och skrivardelning som tillåter överföring och mottagning av NetBios-datagram. [UDP 138] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Public Platform : {} Direction : Inbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-NB_Name-Out-UDP_1 DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (NB-namn-ut) Description : Regel för utgående trafik för Fil- och skrivardelning som tillåter NetBIOS-namnmatchning. [UDP 137] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Public Platform : {} Direction : Outbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-NB_Name-In-UDP_1 DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (NB-namn-in) Description : Regel för inkommande trafik för Fil- och skrivardelning som tillåter NetBIOS-namnmatchning. [UD P 137] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Public Platform : {} Direction : Inbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-SMB-Out-TCP_1 DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (SMB-ut) Description : Regel för utgående trafik för Fil- och skrivardelning som tillåter överföring och mottagning av Server Message Block via namngivna pipes. [TCP 445] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Public Platform : {} Direction : Outbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-SMB-In-TCP_1 DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (SMB-in) Description : Regel för inkommande trafik för Fil- och skrivardelning som tillåter överföring och mottagning av Server Message Block via namngivna pipes. [TCP 445] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Public Platform : {} Direction : Inbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-NB_Session-Out-TCP_1 DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (NB-session-ut) Description : Regel för utgående trafik för Fil- och skrivardelning som tillåter anslutningar för NetBIOS-ses sionstjänsten. [TCP 139] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Public Platform : {} Direction : Outbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : FPS-NB_Session-In-TCP_1 DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (NB-session-in) Description : Regel för inkommande trafik för Fil- och skrivardelning som tillåter anslutningar för NetBIOS-s essionstjänsten. [TCP 139] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Public Platform : {} Direction : Inbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : {7FAF8AD8-69F5-41E4-8286-7CDCB756CBF5} DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (LLMNR-UDP-In) Description : Regel för inkommande fil- och skrivadelning som tillåter Link Local Multicast-namnmatchning. [ UDP 5355] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Public Platform : {} Direction : Inbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local Name : {3693D9F4-A68F-4436-AFC1-D7B7A2ECFF34} DisplayName : Fil- och skrivardelning (LLMNR-UDP-Out) Description : Utgående regel för fil- och skrivardelning för att tillåta Link Local Multicast-namnmatchning. [UDP 5355] DisplayGroup : Fil- och skrivardelning Group : @FirewallAPI.dll,-28502 Enabled : True Profile : Public Platform : {} Direction : Outbound Action : Allow EdgeTraversalPolicy : Block LooseSourceMapping : False LocalOnlyMapping : False Owner : PrimaryStatus : OK Status : Regeln parsades från arkivet. (65536) EnforcementStatus : NotApplicable PolicyStoreSource : PersistentStore PolicyStoreSourceType : Local[/quote] Johan

Viper, Sep 22, 2017
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Johan,

We narrowed the issue down some that the "File and Printer Sharing" part of the command needed to be for your language instead.

What does the command prompt return when you run the new command?

Are you're joined to a domain? If so, it may override your local settings. If this is the case, then you'll need to talk to the domain administrator.

The output you posted above shows what each network location (profile) below is currently set as for File and Printer Sharing:
    • Domain = disabled
    • Public = enabled
    • Private = enabled

Brink, Sep 22, 2017
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off File

2. file and printer sharing not staying turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file and printer sharing not staying turned on: Asked this one a while back and did some experimenting. The File and Printer sharing keeps resetting to off after turning it on. Refuses to stay on. Tried all suggestions that I was given on here. Nothing worked so dont resugest the same things again. As a last resort I...
  3. file and printer sharing not staying turned on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file and printer sharing not staying turned on: Asked this one a while back and did some experimenting. The File and Printer sharing keeps resetting to off after turning it on. Refuses to stay on. Tried all suggestions that I was given on here. Nothing worked so dont resugest the same things again. As a last resort I...
  4. Can't turn on windows file and printer sharing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't turn on windows file and printer sharing: I've tried to turn on file and printer sharing lots of times but I can't plz provide me proper solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-on-windows-file-and-printer-sharing/45b26d60-2d9b-4da0-9c4a-ace437a4a494
  5. How to Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10: Windows 10 is one of the series of operating systems developed by Microsoft. Network sharing and communication of one system with another has always been an element of great priority in Microsoft operating systems. Out of various sharing features, File and Printer Sharing is...
  6. Win 10 1909 keeps turning file and printer sharing off

Win 10 1909 keeps turning file and printer sharing off: I recently reset my surface pro and after reinstallation I now cannot access a home network NAS drive without turning on SMB1. I have found many cases regarding the same thing but all the hints and tips reference homegroup which does not exist in 1909 build. I have other...
  7. File and Printer Sharing will not stay 'off'

File and Printer Sharing will not stay 'off': Hi Guys I have been trying to disable 'File and Printer Sharing' in my Public network profile, and even after saving changes, every time I reboot my PC the File and Printer sharing option pops back to ON. Nothing I have tried keeps in the OFF position for Guest or Public...
  8. File and printer sharing not turning on!

File and printer sharing not turning on!: Hi, I run a NAS on my home network, on my old version of Windows 10 it was visible and accessible. I had to do a clean install of Windows 10 to upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit. Windows install the latest version 1909 and now I cannot turn on file and printer sharing over a...
  9. Cannot Turn ON File and Printer Sharing

Cannot Turn ON File and Printer Sharing: Hello, I have a network that is pretty simple. * ATT DSL model/router. * MyBook Live NAS attached by Ethernet to the router * 2 identical Dell M2800 laptops running Windows 10 (with update 1803) that connect to the network via wireless. Both are typically within 10 feet of...
  10. File and printer sharing turned on

File and printer sharing turned on: Hi, two days ago i got a new router from my provider because with my old one the connection just kept identifying, after a restart w10 identified it as network 2, when booting up before that it was still network, but even after the reboot it didn't ask me what network profile...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 cant turn on file and printer sharing