Windows 10: View All Network Shares on a Windows PC

Discus and support View All Network Shares on a Windows PC in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: View All Network Shares on a Windows PC How to View All Network Shares on a Windows PC domain. You can set the permissions of a shared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

View All Network Shares on a Windows PC

How to: View All Network Shares on a Windows PC

How to View All Network Shares on a Windows PC

domain.

You can set the permissions of a shared file or folder to allow groups or users to have a read only, change (modify), or full control access rights.

Starting with Windows 10 printers and files by using features that are built into Windows 10.

This tutorial will show you different ways on how to view all network shares on a Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 PC in your network.

*note Computers on your network will need to be running to be able to view their network shares.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: View Network Shares in File Explorer
    • Option Two: View All Network Shares on Current PC in Shared Folders MMC Snap-in
    • Option Three: View All Network Shares on Current PC in Computer Management
    • Option Four: View All Network Shares on Current PC using Net Share command
    • Option Five: View All Network Shares on a Computer using Net View command
    • Option Six: View All Network Shares on Current PC in PowerShell

OPTION ONE [/i] View Network Shares in File Explorer
    1. Open Windows Explorer (Windows 7) or File Explorer (Windows 8/10).

2. Click/tap on Network in the navigation pane, click/tap on the computer name you want to see network shares for. (see screenshot below)

*note Sometimes it may take a moment for the Network folder to refresh and show all network devices and their network shares.

View All Network Shares on a Windows PC [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] View All Network Shares on Current PC in Shared Folders MMC Snap-in
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type fsmgmt.msc into Run, and click/tap on OK to open the Shared Folders MMC.

2. Expand open Shared Folders in the left pane, and click/tap on Shares. (see screenshot below)

*note The folders listed without $ at the end are the ones users shared on this computer.

3. If you like, you can double click/tap on a share to see its share permissions. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] View All Network Shares on Current PC in Computer Management
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type compmgmt.msc into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Computer Management.

2. Expand open Shared Folders in the left pane, and click/tap on Shares. (see screenshot below)

*note The folders listed without $ at the end are the ones users shared on this computer.

3. If you like, you can double click/tap on a share to see its share permissions. (see screenshot below)

OPTION FOUR [/i] View All Network Shares on Current PC using Net Share command
    1. Open a command prompt.

2.Type net share into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

*note The share names listed without $ at the end are the ones users shared on this computer.

OPTION FIVE [/i] View All Network Shares on a Computer using Net View command
    1. Open a command prompt.

2. Type the command below you want to use into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshots below)

(only shares by users)
    *Arrow net view \\<computer name>

OR

(all shares)
    *Arrow net view \\<computer name> /All

*note Substitute <computer name> in the command above with the actual computer name of the network computer you want to see its shares.

For example:

net view \\Brink-Laptop

OR

net view \\Brink-Laptop /All

*note The share names listed without $ at the end are the ones users shared on this computer.

OPTION SIX [/i] View All Network Shares on Current PC in PowerShell
    1. Open PowerShell.

2. Copy and paste the command below into PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

*Arrow Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Share

*note The names listed without $ at the end are the ones users shared on this computer.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 7, 2018
  2. Kursah Win User

How to limit Windows Sharing to one PC on a network?

Unfortunately, without having a domain and DC using AD DS or similar, I don't believe you can do the shares how you see them on a home-grade network without simply using accounts and account authorization. You need to treat and view these local accounts as a workstation ID instead of an account logged into your computer like you are now. In that respect, this would make limited access quite easy. Give the user of that computer the ID and password to access your PC on the network and they'll have access to specific shares. You'll be a mini-network admin in no time! *Big Grin View All Network Shares on a Windows PC :D

You can have access credentials saved on the PC accessing shares, reducing the need to login every time to access the share.

Another option would be to modify the share in Computer Management. Shared Folders > Shares.

Add a $ at the end of the share name to make it invisible, so you must know the location to access it. You will see examples of this as there are some default shares within Windows already setup this way.

With that you may still want to do as suggested above by newtekie1 with permissions and/or with local accounts to restrict access still so you can assign whom has access to that share.

Beyond that I don't believe there is a way to restrict via PC ID's, because each PC is its own identity, and none are registered to a central server like a domain controller, so using the PC name/ID as a network resource on your home network in the method you want isn't realistic. But if you can manage to accept and view extra created accounts (create them in Computer management too btw...then you have one window for creating and managing accounts and shares) as a PC ID, you'll be fine me thinks.

Kursah, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, Oct 27, 2019
  4. View All Network Shares on a Windows PC

Network Sharing

Hi Arya,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Are you trying to share the wireless network connection from Windows device to phone?
    2. What is the make and model of the phone?
    3. Which version of Windows is installed on your device?
    Refer the article ‘Which version of Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details.

If you’re referring to sharing the Wireless network connection in Windows 10, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows + I key on your keyboard and click on Network & Internet.
    2. On the network & Internet page, click on ‘Mobile hotspot’.
    3. Turn On’ Share my Internet connection with other devices under Mobile hotspot.
    4. The default network name and password will be available under Mobile hotspot.
    5. Enter the same password on the device which you’re trying to connect and check the status of the issue.

If you’re trying to share the internet connection, then refer the article
    Use your PC as a mobile hotspot
    for more information.

If you’re referring to ‘File sharing’, I suggest you to refer the section ‘How do I troubleshoot sharing and folders’ from the article ‘File
    sharing over a network in Windows 10

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Accessing files in Network Sharing PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are having issue with sharing of file within the computers that are connected in a network after Windows 10 1903 update.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform all the steps in all the PC that are connected in the network as suggested by Roohi Taj on January 8th, 2019 in this

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

View All Network Shares on a Windows PC

1. View All Network Shares on a Windows PC - Similar Threads - View Network Shares

2. Windows 10 loses all network shares intermittently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 loses all network shares intermittently: Running Windows 10 in business domain. It's an all or nothing situation. At times, any and all shares work. Other times unable to access any network share. Had this issue months ago and it went away for no identified reason. Recently occurring again. It seems after reboot...
  3. Windows 10 loses all network shares intermittently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 loses all network shares intermittently: Running Windows 10 in business domain. It's an all or nothing situation. At times, any and all shares work. Other times unable to access any network share. Had this issue months ago and it went away for no identified reason. Recently occurring again. It seems after reboot...
  4. Windows 10 loses all network shares intermittently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Display all computers on the Network view?

Display all computers on the Network view?: I have a couple computers on different VLANs. Is there a way to display them in the Network view? I can type in \\192.168.XX.XXX and get to them, but wanted to see if there was a way to display them and just be able to click on them. [img] 169374
  6. Network Sharing - Unable to share the files on my pc with others on the network

Network Sharing - Unable to share the files on my pc with others on the network: Hello, I am trying to set up my PC for file sharing across the network at my work. I have changed all of my settings to allow network sharing but whenever someone else tries to access it says access denied I have allowed permissions to everyone while trying to set it up and...
  7. PC Networking/Sharing on Private Network

PC Networking/Sharing on Private Network: We have latest Windows 10 on 3 PC's in our home. They are all connected to the same wifi secure connection. I've configured all 3 for sharing over a private network but have not been able to access the other PC's. I can see one of the computers but it is saying that I...
  8. Unable to view shared files on network

Unable to view shared files on network: I have a Lenovo PC with pre-installed Windows 10 OS. Today morning onwards the network is not getting accessible with this system. I can access other systems shared folders from this PC but can't access the shared folders of this Lenovo PC. Also internet is working fine in...
  9. viewing "Properties" of shared drives on a home network

viewing "Properties" of shared drives on a home network: My question is: How do I view the "Properties" of the other drives in my networked computers. Before I used Windows 10, ( all 4 computers were on windows 7) all I had to do was point to the shared drive on another networked computer and right click on it and select...
  10. For anyone unable to view network shares after 1709 update

For anyone unable to view network shares after 1709 update: If you have the above problem on any Windows Pro/Enterprise PC’s in a workgroup enviroment after the latest 1709 update try the following:- Run gpedit.msc Computer Configuration>Administrative Templates>Network>Lanman Workstation Enable insecure guest logon = enabled The...