Windows 10: Turn On or Off Show App Icons on Action Center Icon in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Show App Icons on Action Center Icon in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Show App Icons on Action Center Icon in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show App Icons on Action Center Icon in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Show App Icons on Action Center Icon in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Show App Icons on Action Center Icon in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Show App Icons on Action Center Icon in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Show App Icons on Action Center Icon in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information The Action Center in Windows 10 collects and shows toast notifications and alerts from traditional Windows applications and system notifications, alongside those generated from modern apps. Toast and notifications are then grouped in the Action Center by app and time.

The Action Center will show you all of your past notifications until you clear them. This can be useful if you had a notification pop-up, and you missed what it said.

The Action Center also has personalized quick actions at the bottom to be able to easily toggle on/off or open items such as Airplane mode, All settings, Connect, Display, Location, Tablet Mode, VPN, and Wifi.

Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328, the Action Center icon has moved to the far corner of the taskbar so it is more distinct from other icons – making it easier to interact with it. There is a badge that now displays the number of notifications you have missed, and we are making it easier for you to know what app your notifications are from by adding a subtle animation to the icon (showing the sender app’s logo) whenever you receive notifications that do not show a toast. Individual app notifications in Action Center no longer show the app icon repeated for each notification and will only be seen in the header that groups together all the notifications specific for that app. This change allows for more space in Action Center to show more content.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to show app icons with an animation to the action center icon for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Show App Icons on Animated on Action Center Icon
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Show App Icons on Animated Action Center Icon using a BAT file

EXAMPLE: "Show app icons" and "Don't show app icons" on Action Center Icon for Notifications

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Show App Icons on Animated Action Center Icon
    1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Show App Icons on Animated Action Center Icon
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Right click or press and hold on the action center system icon on the taskbar notification area, and click/tap on Show app icons. (see screenshot below)

3. To Turn Off Show App Icons on Animated Action Center Icon
    A) Right click or press and hold on the action center system icon on the taskbar notification area, and click/tap on Don't show app icons. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Show App Icons on Animated Action Center Icon using a BAT file

Note The .bat files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Notifications\Settings

NOC_GLOBAL_SETTING_GLEAM_ENABLED DWORD

0 = Off - Don't show
    (delete) = On - Show

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Show App Icons on Animated Action Center Icon
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Show_App_icons_on_Action_Center_icon.bat

Download

3. To Turn Off Show App Icons on Animated Action Center Icon
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Don't_show_app_icons_on_Action_Center_icon.bat

Download
    4. Save the .bat file to your desktop, and unblock the .bat file.

5. Double click/tap on the .bat file to run it.

6. You will now notice your screen flicker as explorer is restarted.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 9, 2018

2. Action Center Taskbar Icon not Showing App Icons

Hello fellow Windows 10 Users!

I installed Windows 10 Anniversary Update and tested it out. In my testings, I have found that when a notification arrives, the action center taskbar icon should show the number of notifications (which it does, yay!) as well as occasionally show the app
    icon of the apps that the notifications belong to. For some reason, my action center taskbar icon is not showing these app icons at all, and whether the taskbar is auto hide or not doesn't matter. Any ideas?

Thanks in advanced,

Benjamin

Awesome1pc2, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Action Center Icon Shows Quiet Hours Turned On

Many times after starting or restarting my PC with Windows 10, the Action Center icon on the task bar shows the notification symbol with a circle in the bottom right corner meaning Quiet Hours have been turned on. I didn't turn on quiet hours and the Quiet
    Hours Quick Action Box box in the Action Center window is grey. So, why does the Action Center icon in the task bar show that Quiet Hours are on? If they are on, how did they get turned on?

Laurel Valley, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Show App Icons on Action Center Icon in Windows 10

Action Center Icon Shows Quiet Hours Turned On

Microsoft Personnel:

After many-many-many hours of trying this and trying that to figure out why my PC Windows 10 Action Center Icon in the task bar had the little circle in the bottom right corner signifying that Quiet Hours was on even though the Quiet Hours box showed it
    was off, and trying to figure out why my system would sometimes change the Action Center icon by itself and remove the little circle, I finally came up with something.

If I plug in a USB drive, left click the “Show Hidden Icons” arrow in the bottom right of the task bar, then right click the hidden icon for Windows Explorer to “Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media”, and left click “Eject USB Flash Memory”, Windows displays
    a notification that it is “Safe to Remove Hardware”, the Action Center icon turns white, and finally the Action Center icon goes back to normal without the little circle in it after the notification message is finished.

So, it seems like Windows 10 has a bug that turns the little circle in the Action Center icon on by mistake when I start up my system and the first notification message turns the circle off and puts the Action Center icon back to normal where it should be.

Update as of 03/05/16: It now appears this problem might be solved after the latest release of Windows 10 version 1511 Build 10586.122. My PC has not had the problem since then and every time I start or restart my PC the Notification Icon shows Quiet Hours
    turned off.

Update as of 05/09/16: IT IS BACK. The same problem is showing up again after Windows 10 version 1511 Build 10586.218.

5. Action Center Icon Shows Quiet Hours Turned On

The Action Center (Notification) icon continues to show random different symbols after a cold start or a restart even though there are no new notifications waiting. Sometimes the Action Center icon appears as the regular transparent square with lines in
    it, sometimes the transparent icon with lines in it appears with the circle in the bottom right corner.

This randomness even happens when I start in Safe Mode.

1. If the transparent Action Center icon shows up with the circle in the bottom right corner, I can turn it back to the regular square by right-clicking on the icon and selecting "Turn on quiet hours" and then right-clicking again and selecting "Turn off
    quiet hours". This is only good for the current session. After another start or restart, anything goes with the icon.

2. A second way to get rid of the circle in the bottom right corner is to cause some kind of notification. If I plug in a USB drive, left click the “Show Hidden Icons” arrow in the bottom right of the
    task bar, then right click the hidden icon for Windows Explorer to “Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media”, and left click “Eject USB Flash Memory”, Windows displays a notification that it is “Safe to Remove Hardware”, the Action Center icon turns white,
    and finally the Action Center icon goes back to normal transparent square without the little circle in it after the notification message is finished.

3. A third way to get rid of the circle in the bottom right corner is to left-click on the Action Center icon, click on All Settings / System / Notification and actions, turn off the Show app notifications
    slide and then turn it back on.

I have noticed that when the Action Center icon changes on its own accord to one with the circle in the bottom right corner, it starts out as the regular transparent square icon when the date and time are shown in the system tray, and then changes to the
    one with the circle on the bottom right corner when Windows 10 is populating the other System Icons such as Volume and Network in the system tray.

The circle in the bottom right corner of the Action Center icon seems to come on and go off randomly for various reasons (as noted above) and I can't find anything definitive on any MS web site that clearly states exactly what that circle means and what
    causes it to appear. Would someone from MS or this forum please provide an explanation about what the circle represents and what causes it to appear?

6. action center icon missing

Hello,

Try these steps:

1. Right click Start Button or press Windows + X keys and select Settings.

2. In the Settings app, navigate to Personalization > Taskbar.

3. Moving on, under Taskbar, click Turn system icons on or Off link.

4. Then under Turn system icons on or Off, make sure Action Center option is turned On.

Let us know if this helps!

Kapil Arya [Directly], Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Show App Icons on Action Center Icon in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Show App Icons on Action Center Icon in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Show

2. Action center app icons not showing in notification bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action center app icons not showing in notification bar: Hi Team,I am using windows pro version. from some days i am unable to see action center app icons on my pc. after that i checked action center is in on/off. that is in on only. But, i am unable to see on right corner of my pc. So, i am requesting you please give me suggestion...
  3. Action center app icons not showing in notification bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action center app icons not showing in notification bar: Hi Team,I am using windows pro version. from some days i am unable to see action center app icons on my pc. after that i checked action center is in on/off. that is in on only. But, i am unable to see on right corner of my pc. So, i am requesting you please give me suggestion...
  4. Action center app icons not showing in notification bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Icon in Action center hiding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon in Action center hiding: Hello there, I have issue with some icons doesn't appear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-in-action-center-hiding/62334ac0-aa63-4ef4-8172-4fd3919ec91b
  6. Action Center Icon NOT WORKING

Action Center Icon NOT WORKING: Hi, Action center icon doesn't work whether I click on the icon or press Windows key + A. I tried turning the icon off and on form taskbar settings, but nothing happened. Could you please help me to solve this problem? Amr...
  7. Set Action Center Icon Off

Set Action Center Icon Off: Howdy, Settings : Personalization : Taskbar : Turn system icons on or off. Turn off Action Center. How to do it via registry? I searched a lot to find the registry key to turn it off and no luck. Everywhere mentioned that to disable it this code can work:...
  8. Action Center Icon Oddity

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center Icon Oddity: This is not a problem as much as a curiosity. After opening the Action Center on either of my two screens the icon remains as though it is pinned on my second taskbar. It will sit there quite happily allowing me to open or close the Action Center as I wish. It disappears at...
  9. Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10 [img] Information The Action Center in Windows 10 collects and shows notifications and alerts from traditional...
  10. Turn off (not disable) Action Center icon via registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off (not disable) Action Center icon via registry: Howdy, We can easily disable Action Center icon in Windows 10 via the following registry key: Code: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer] "DisableNotificationCenter"=dword:00000001[/quote] But that will completely disable Action Center and its...