Windows 10: Win 10 hotspot error ( We can't set up mobile hotspot. )

Discus and support Win 10 hotspot error ( We can't set up mobile hotspot. ) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a problem with the hotspot service of win 10, I tried to solve it by netsh commands but the virtual network adapter which I got is a local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NaderAstro, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Win 10 hotspot error ( We can't set up mobile hotspot. )

I have a problem with the hotspot service of win 10, I tried to solve it by netsh commands but the virtual network adapter which I got is a local network adapter ( seems like a wired one not a wireless one ), I remember that it was a Microsoft virtual wi-fi adapter not a Microsoft hosted virtual network..

so how to use this service without typing commands every time and sharing adapters, just by clicking mobile hotspot Win 10 hotspot error ( We can't set up mobile hotspot. ) :).

and I want to use wi-fi direct between my laptop and my phone, and also to make a connection with my wireless display.

:)

NaderAstro, Nov 10, 2019

2. Turned Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot "ON" but not visible on devices..

have you followed all the steps? U might have missed something. Check out instructions mentioned here Windows 10 Tip: Set Up a Mobile Hotspot - Thurrott.com

lorraine walsh, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Enable or Disable Automatically Turn Off Mobile Hotspot when No Devices are Connected in Settings

Enable or Disable Automatically Turn Off Mobile Hotspot when No Devices Connected in Windows 10

You can turn your Windows 10 PC into a mobile hotspot by sharing your Internet connection with other devices over Wi-Fi. You can share a Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or cellular data connection.

When you turn on mobile hotspot, you can turn on or off a power saving feature that will automatically turn off mobile hotspot in five minutes when no devices are connected.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable automatically turn off mobile hotspot when no devices are connected in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Automatically Turn Off Mobile Hotspot when No Devices are Connected in Settings
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Automatically Turn Off Mobile Hotspot when No Devices are Connected using a BAT file

Win 10 hotspot error ( We can't set up mobile hotspot. ) [​IMG]
    OPTION ONE
    Enable or Disable Automatically Turn Off Mobile Hotspot when No Devices are Connected in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Network & Internet icon.

2. Click/tap on Mobile hotspot on the left side. (see screenshot below step 4)

3. While you have Share my Internet connection with other devices (mobile hotspot) turned on, turn on (default) or off When no devices are connected, automatically turn off mobile hotspot for what you want on the right side.

*note The When no devices are connected, automatically turn off mobile hotspot setting is not shown when mobile hotspot is turned off.

4. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO
    Enable or Disable Automatically Turn Off Mobile Hotspot when No Devices are Connected using a BAT file
    *note You must be signed in as an administrator to do this option.

*Warning Running the .bat files in this option will turn off mobile hotspot, so you will need to turn on mobile hotspot again afterwards if wanted.
    1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you want to do.

2. To Enable Automatically Turn Off Mobile Hotspot when No Devices are Connected
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below, and go to step 4.

Enable_automatically_turn_off_mobile_hotspot_when_no_devices_are_connected.bat

(contents of .bat file)
    Code:
    3. To Disable Automatically Turn Off Mobile Hotspot when No Devices are Connected
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below, and go to step 4.

Disable_automatically_turn_off_mobile_hotspot_when_no_devices_are_connected.bat

(contents of .bat file)
    Code:
    4. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

5. Unblock the .bat file.

6. Run the downloaded .bat file.

7. When prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes to approve running the .bat file as administrator (elevated).

8. You will now see a command prompt open to run the commands in the .bat file. The command prompt will automatically close when finished.

9. You can now delete the .bat file if you like.
    That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Win 10 hotspot error ( We can't set up mobile hotspot. )

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 hotspot error ( We can't set up mobile hotspot. )

1. Win 10 hotspot error ( We can't set up mobile hotspot. ) - Similar Threads - hotspot error can't

2. We can't setup mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We can't setup mobile hotspot: I have had this problem since i got my pc. If I try to turn my hotspot on I get the messagge "We can't setup mobile hotspot". I'm trying to share an ethernet connection....
  3. We can't setup mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We can't setup mobile hotspot: I have had this problem since i got my pc. If I try to turn my hotspot on I get the messagge "We can't setup mobile hotspot". I'm trying to share an ethernet connection....
  4. We can't setup mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't set up mobile hotspot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't set up mobile hotspot.: LAN Internet connection perfectly running but mobile hotspot cant switch on.... when try to switch on 'share connection with other devices tab' show cant set up mobile hotspot. pliz advise....
  6. Can't set up mobile hotspot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't set up mobile hotspot.: LAN Internet connection perfectly running but mobile hotspot cant switch on.... when try to switch on 'share connection with other devices tab' show cant set up mobile hotspot. pliz advise....
  7. Can't set up mobile hotspot.

8. Hotspot won't turn on "we can't set up mobile hotspot"

Hotspot won't turn on "we can't set up mobile hotspot": Hi all, Sorry to do this but i just got off the phone to Microsoft who were not inclined to assist. Told me to come back here or go to my internet service provider?! lol it's not a network connectivity issue.. OK rant over. issue is that my mobile hotspot won't turn on...
  9. We can't setup mobile hotspot

We can't setup mobile hotspot: These methods use already but issue not resolved. Method 1: Turn off Bluetooth on your device and then try setting up a Mobile hotspot again. You can quickly disable Bluetooth in the Action Center. Method 2: Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter. This troubleshooter is...
  10. Can't Set Up Mobile Hotspot

Can't Set Up Mobile Hotspot: I have Windows 10. And I have a good network connection with good internet. But my laptop does not set up mobile hotspot. It says "We can't set up mobile hotspot." . I am facing this problem from January, 2019. Please HELP me....